Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Super Bowl LII
Topic Started: Feb 2 2018, 02:36 PM (111 Views)
Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
Just think...only a few more years until the XFL returns to save us all. In the meantime the NFL Championship is this Sunday. Talk about whatever you like: the hype, the random celebrity interviews, halftime show commercials, or the actual game.

New England's favored by 5 pts. Their largest margin of victory in any of their 5 SB wins was 6, last year. I kinda' think Philly might squeak it out and sore the upset. Besides, picking the Patriots to win again is a boring prediction or bet.
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

HeenanandMonsoon
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Gotta pull for the Eagles here. I know the cops here in Philly are dreading a win that's for sure. I remember how crazy the Phillies World Series win was 10 years ago. This will be a lot worse.
Edited by HeenanandMonsoon, Feb 3 2018, 10:32 AM.
Founder of the Humanoid Nation Community on PSN

Posted Image

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Ah yes, the way some sports fans react to wins/losses makes me feel like I have no reason to be ashamed for any of my obsessions.

I hope the Patriots lose, because I'm sick of all the gloating about them that happens around me constantly.

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
Over 1,000 yards of offense. So if you were a defensive back or a punter, you could've stayed on the team bus.

Went to two parties and at both, it amazed me how much people HATE the Patriots. Some jackwagon said: "they're like the Yankees. They're assholes. You can't root for them". To which we mentioned that we have a friend who played on the Yankees for a few years. Cue record scratch soundbyte.

Grown men were yelling and saying stuff like: "Brady, you stupid motherf*cker! You deserve to lose and be embarrassed. You f*cking suck!". How the hell did Brady embarrass himself or suck? I believe he had more yards than any QB in the previous 51 Super Bowls.

I don't like the Patriots, simply because I have no reason to. I have my team and have never lived around Boston. Not attached to any of their players, either (y'know, like: "I like Dequavius Velociraptor Donatello because he went to my school"). But crap...don't be a jerk about it. No reason to burn Tom Brady in effigy and scream motherf*cker at the top of your lungs when you're at a neighbor's party, with several toddlers running around.

I don't think Brady is Greatest of All Time, either. I have my top 3 and they haven't changed for over 20 years...and they'll probably stay ranked in my own little Personal List Nobody Gives a Shit About until I croak.

But hey...I'll admit that I thought a Crocodile Dundee reboot was on the way. And Woody Harrelson joins Star Wars? I'm in for that. Ditto Infinity War.
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
I have no personal disdain for the players or teams, just the fans. Fans ruin everything. Glad Eagles won as a team, hate their fanbase gets to enjoy it.

The Eli/Odell Dirty Dancing Commercial was M-A-ZING.
Edited by Scrooge McSuck, Feb 5 2018, 09:52 AM.
Posted Image

HeenanandMonsoon
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Some of the shit the fans did last night makes me embarrassed to be a Philadelphian.
Founder of the Humanoid Nation Community on PSN

Posted Image

torturedsoulv1
true maharajah Jinder Mahal
[ *  *  * ]
I wound up sticking to my giving up the NFL this year after week 3 cause of all the
Political involvement in kneeling/standing

Didn't watch it. Only the Third Super Bowl I've missed since I started in '76
Other two times were the rams victory in 2000 as a flight I was on returning from a business trip and the flight took off later than expected so game ended as we landed

The other on was the packers win in 2011. My dad had passed away earlier that week, the funeral was the day before and I had zero desire to watch

As a jets fan I'm glad the patriots lost. seems the patriots can't beat NFC east teams in the super bowl with this loss and the 2 to the Giants . Though they beat the Eagles for one of the 5 victories since the bellicheck/ Brady duo came to be
Edited by torturedsoulv1, Feb 5 2018, 07:56 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

torturedsoulv1
true maharajah Jinder Mahal
[ *  *  * ]
As far as Brady being the GOAT, Joe Montana is the goat IMO

Brady could be #2 though. 8 Super Bowls and 5 victories. Great regular season stats

Definitely the best all time performance of any position in comparison to where they were drafted. He was a 6th rounder.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Sports · Next Topic »
Add Reply