Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Who would be the #1 player drafted all time; In the NFL in a draft of all the players of all time
Topic Started: Feb 5 2018, 08:36 PM (47 Views)
torturedsoulv1
true maharajah Jinder Mahal
[ *  *  * ]
I thought of this with the talk of Brady being the GOAT.

If there was a draft of all the players who ever played in the NFL, who would go #1

Think of this as an expansion team. So you have a need at every position
Yes QB is by far the most important position in football

I'd actually draft a non-QB

Lawrence Taylor would be my pick

Edited by torturedsoulv1, Feb 5 2018, 08:40 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
If I'm picking offense and not a QB, I'd go RB, either Emmitt Smith or Barry Sanders.

LT for defense cant be argued.

Jerry Rice for WR, but WR, like QB, wouldn't be my top priority.

If I have to pick a QB first, Joe Montana.
Edited by Scrooge McSuck, Feb 6 2018, 06:46 AM.
Posted Image

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
If going defense, Joe Greene.

If going offense, John Elway (yeah, yeah...chew me).
<!---Hit Paydirt with K-Dirt--->
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.

torturedsoulv1
true maharajah Jinder Mahal
[ *  *  * ]
Joe Greene was my 2nd choice for defense

But my 2nd picks ftrr LT would have been a QB not Greene.

Since I consider joe Montana the GOAT for QBs, I'd go with him. Elway would be my 2nd chioice, Brady or Peyton manning 3rd choice

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
I always like to de-bunk the "Montana is the GOAT" by pointing to his somewhat inconsistent stats and injuries. People like to say he revitalized the Chiefs in 93 and 94...but the Chiefs were already pretty good when he got there (3 straight seasons of making the playoffs and barely missing in 1989) and his arrival didn't turn them into monsters. While he was more mobile than expected, I don't remember him being great at throwing on the run. He never seemed intense to me, nor have I heard stories about him being a good "locker room guy". Montana was just kinda' "ho-hum" in terms of his locker room presence.

He was absolutely an excellent pocket passer, though. In his 89-90 seasons he looked like a beast who could carve apart any defense. Having Jerry Rice helped a lot, but so did having Roger Craig (who was also a pretty good receiver and I think the first guy to go 1,000/1,000).

There's obviously no right answer to this, but when I really break it down amongst QBs, I probably consider Johnny Unitas the GOAT. In no particular order, after Unitas, I'd probably list Brett Favre, Elway, Terry Bradshaw (you read that right. He was damn good) and Otto Graham as my top 5.

Brady, Montana, Manning, Marino are in numbers 6-10 on my QB draft board, with that last spot still being open or rotating (or, more likely: "oh sh*t, I forgot about THAT guy!"). Staubach, Roethlisberger, Tittle, Starr...they'll all land in that spot, depending on what kind of mood I'm in.

And note that this is strictly QBs. Overall top 10 players would probably only include 3 or 4 of them.

Yes, we could absolutely do one of those "NFL Network Top 10 Countdown" shows.
<!---Hit Paydirt with K-Dirt--->
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.

« Previous Topic · Sports · Next Topic »
Add Reply