Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
WrestleFest 91 Review
Topic Started: Feb 13 2018, 11:58 AM (61 Views)
HeenanandMonsoon
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Your host- Randy Savage

Ultimate Warrior vs Earthquake- Typical Warrior match here with Quake getting in most of the offense until Warrior comes back with a bodyslam and a splash for the win.

1st ''Coliseum Video Exclusive'' of the tape here as we have the manager cam with Jimmy Hart. It's basically him mic'ed up as Big Boss Man vs The Mountie. No commentary here on top of it. Boss Man with the win to end this pointless segment.

Rockers vs Power and Glory- Not a bad little tag match here but nothing special. P&G win when the Rockers get counted out after chasing Slick ringside. Too bad we didn't get to see the Power Plex. Loved that finisher.

Ted Dibiase vs Texas Tornado- Short match here to further Dibiase's feud with Virgil as he was ringside. Tornado with the win after Virgil trips up Dibiase from the outside.

Haku vs British Bulldog- Pretty good match for Haku standards. Bulldog with a crucifix pin for the win at about a little under 8 minutes. Haku would be pretty much gone from the WWF by the Summer until his one off return at the Rumble in January.

Next up is Barber Shop Grooming tips with Brutus Beefcake- a harmless albeit pointless segment but come on Brut-I putting mud from the dead sea on the dudes face?

Greg Valentine vs Rick Martel- Not bad but not these two finest hour. Both get counted out but Martel gets trapped in the figure four post match.No Arrogance this time!!

Koko B Ware vs Warlord- Decent speed vs power match here. Warlord with the power slam for the win. To quote Slick ''Turn off the lights the parties over!!''

Hart Foundation vs Legion of Doom- Best match on the tape by far. Harts even play the heels which is a nice treat. LOD win after Animal powerslams Bret. Seriously track this match down though as it displays the great tag wrestling of the Golden Era.

Marty Jannetty vs Tanaka- Odd match to end the tape but still good.Rockers/Orient Express always had great chemistry so no shock it shined through here in a singles match. Jannetty with the win after a Tombstone.Rock n Roll, Strut n Stroll, Slam n Jam all day!!

Overall not bad here with every match being good to passable. Watch the LOD vs Harts match as you won't be disappointed. And oh yeah feel free to skip the CHV exclusive segments :P

Final Verdict-Recommended

Founder of the Humanoid Nation Community on PSN

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
Considering all the live events I sat through in the Flashbacks, I'm disappointed we never got Warrior vs. Quake at MSG or somewhere else in front of a full crowd without sitting forcing them to sit through the dreg of a TV Taping marathon.

Hart Foundation vs. LOD is definitely some good stuff. ***1/2 IMO, but I won't argue if someone goes 4-stars. Subtle heel Hart Foundation was always the best during their babyface run.
Posted Image

HeenanandMonsoon
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
It might be my favorite Coliseum Video match of all time.Imagine if we got those 2 for the belts at WM 7.

Founder of the Humanoid Nation Community on PSN

Posted Image

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
Thinking back on it. Coliseum Videos were such a mystery to me. I'd see their ads in WWF Magazine for crazy prices of $30-40, then their ongoing plugs on the weekly shows. We only had one video rental store in my neighborhood (along with countless grocery store outlets), yet they never had the "exclusive" Coliseum videos. Just the PPV tapes.
<!---Hit Paydirt with K-Dirt--->
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
My local mom and pop operation had a nice amount from what I can gather (mostly 1991-92), but we never rented them... only the PPV's. :P

I think the first Coliseum Video (non PPV) I watched was Supertape Vol. 2, purchased on eBay along with tapes 3, 4, and '92, for something like $25 in 2001.
Posted Image

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
I gave in to curiosity and starting watching/recapping "WWF's Hottest Matches" from 1990. Most interesting thing, thus far, is a Jake Roberts promo threatening DiBiase and Virgil with his variety of snakes; including a cobra. Jake seems like an evil bastard and says "trust me". So it's 1991 heel Jake in 1990.
<!---Hit Paydirt with K-Dirt--->
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.

Infinite Devil Machine
Member Avatar
A Very Cunning Linguist
[ *  *  * ]
I never caught the Coliseum Videos. By the time I got into wrestling in 1998, the WWF's home video library had gone in-house. My local rental shop had some of the old tapes, but I only rented the newest stuff at the time.

PW Thor Ants helped me find a bunch of cool Coliseum Video stuff, though. Early on, I "acquired" a run of their more obscure videos, all the "WWF Divas in bikini videos" crap, and even the "WCW Nitro Girls Swimsuit Calendar Shoot".

Good times.
What "World of Warcraft" players see when they're not playing.....

Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Reviews and Columns · Next Topic »
Add Reply