Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wrestlemania; What will be on the card
Topic Started: Mar 1 2018, 12:38 AM (557 Views)
torturedsoulv1
true maharajah Jinder Mahal
[ *  *  * ]
Wrestlemania.

What will be on the card?

Yes it will be more clear after Fastlane

Lesnar vs Reigns. Somehow I think Strowman gets added to this
Having him eliminate everyone else in the chamber match and attacking Reigns after makes me think that

AJ Styles vs Nakamura. I expect Styles to retain at fastlane

Miz vs strowman. Don't want to see it. But if strowman is not in the main event, he's winning the IC title

HHH/Stephanie vs Angle/Rousey

Asuka vs Charlotte

Since Asuka chooses Charlotte, that leaves Alexa Bliss vs Nia jax

Finals of the cruiserweight tournament. No clue how that's going, but I'll assume Cedric Alexander wins

Those 7 I think will happen for sure

Usos vs Rusev Day Vs new day vs bludgeon brothers for the smackdown tag belts

The Bar vs Gallows/Anderson for the raw tag belts

Undertaker vs John Cena. It's rumored. I still think Taker stays retired, but.

Rollins vs balor. Cause I have no clue what else they would do

Sasha vs bayley

Owens and Zayn split at fastlane. And have a match.

Ziggler vs Rude. Ziggler regains the us title

Yeah they need the Andre battle royal as way too many guys left of.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
Rumor is Miz defending in yet ANOTHER multi-man shlock-fest against Balor, Rollins, Strowman, and Elias.

Outside of the obvious, I have no clue where things go. Owens/Zayn could happen, but seems unlikely since they love multi-man matches. Ditto Sasha vs. Bayley. They already have the 2 women's titles AND Rousey to squeeze in. Maybe a "Luna Vachon Memorial Battle Royal." :P
Posted Image

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
I read one rumor that John Cena would take on Rey Mysterio at WrestleMania. That's...odd, but I'd rather see that than Cena/Taker. I'm thinking if Taker was going to return, there would've been some kind of hint or teaser, already.
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
According to Meltzer, the promo on Raw was to "throw people off" so they can build the 6-Man at Fastlane. I don't want to see either match, honestly. Cena's reached '93 Hogan levels. He feels out of place. Taker's send off last year was perfect, no need to go back on it. When Andre was broken down, Vince finally gave up on him even though he still wanted to work. Tell Taker to enjoy his time while his body isn't completely shot.
Posted Image

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Erick Von Erich
Mar 1 2018, 08:45 AM
I read one rumor that John Cena would take on Rey Mysterio at WrestleMania. That's...odd, but I'd rather see that than Cena/Taker. I'm thinking if Taker was going to return, there would've been some kind of hint or teaser, already.
I heard that one as well

I don't see it happening, but time will tell

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
If Strowman is not added to the Lesnar vs Reigns match, I'd rather have Cena fight him

Strowman wins clean in a competitive match. I think that would be good for Strowman's career, a win over Cena at wrestlemania

Don't want Taker coming back

Misterio if he comes back, that's fine. Make him the face of 205 Live if you are serious about 205 Live

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
I disagree that Undertaker's send-off last year was perfect (garbage match, wrong guy to retire him) but it was what it was and I don't want to see them keep bringing Taker back until they finally get the retirement match right.

I read somewhere that Strowman is on standby in case they need to pull Reigns due to the steroid accusations. I think they should just pull Roman anyway because this push hasn't worked since 2015.

If they do the multi-man match for the IC title, that's fine.

Looks like AJ is going to retain against Nakamura, which again, is fine. I don't think Shinsuke has worked out enough as a top guy on the main roster that he should be getting the WWE title (little fault of his own, that feud against Jinder absolutely killed him last year).

I expect HHH/Steph vs. Angle/Rousey to eat up a huge chunk of the show with entrances, the match itself, and post-match happenings.

My sense is that Bayley/Sasha either gets scrapped, put on the kick-off show, or gets tied up with Alexa's match, as this show is already shaping up to be overstuffed.

The Cruiserweight title will almost surely be on the kick-off show.

I predict the Andre Battle Royal will be overly packed with guys who deserve to have better spots, but have to settle for it. Perhaps, this year there will be more of an effort to build it up as a result.

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
SamoaRowe
Mar 3 2018, 09:10 AM
I disagree that Undertaker's send-off last year was perfect (garbage match, wrong guy to retire him) but it was what it was and I don't want to see them keep bringing Taker back until they finally get the retirement match right.

I read somewhere that Strowman is on standby in case they need to pull Reigns due to the steroid accusations. I think they should just pull Roman anyway because this push hasn't worked since 2015.

Looks like AJ is going to retain against Nakamura, which again, is fine. I don't think Shinsuke has worked out enough as a top guy on the main roster that he should be getting the WWE title (little fault of his own, that feud against Jinder absolutely killed him last year).

I expect HHH/Steph vs. Angle/Rousey to eat up a huge chunk of the show with entrances, the match itself, and post-match happenings.

My sense is that Bayley/Sasha either gets scrapped, put on the kick-off show, or gets tied up with Alexa's match, as this show is already shaping up to be overstuffed.

I predict the Andre Battle Royal will be overly packed with guys who deserve to have better spots, but have to settle for it. Perhaps, this year there will be more of an effort to build it up as a result.
Reigns was the right guy to retire Taker.....But the match sucked. Mostly because Taker is a POS worker at this point of his career. Can barely move
he was a great big man worker in his prime.and even a few years after his prime. but those days ended with the 4 back to back matches with HBK and HHH at mania

Reigns is better than most give him credit for. But he's far from a great worker that could carry Taker's dead carcass to a good match

yes, I am slagging on Taker, but he should have retired after the loss to Brock

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Yes, Strowman is on standby. Mostly cause of Reigns with the steroids. Also, cause Brock wants more money in the new negotiations. while WWE wants him to take a 30% cut. They're afraid he will bolt before mania.........

I'm fine with a multi man IC match. But not sTrowman in it. have it be guys that are similar in size like Miz, Elias, Rollins, Balor. Rollins and Balor are great wrestlers. Miz is the best talker and has improved in the ring. Elias, there's something to him, he's not there yet, but I think he will get there

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
torturedsoulv1
Mar 3 2018, 01:20 PM
SamoaRowe
Mar 3 2018, 09:10 AM

Reigns was the right guy to retire Taker.....But the match sucked. Mostly because Taker is a POS worker at this point of his career. Can barely move
he was a great big man worker in his prime.and even a few years after his prime. but those days ended with the 4 back to back matches with HBK and HHH at mania

Reigns is better than most give him credit for. But he's far from a great worker that could carry Taker's dead carcass to a good match

yes, I am slagging on Taker, but he should have retired after the loss to Brock

If the goal was to have a stadium full of WWE's most passionate fans sit there and laugh and shake their heads at Roman beating Undertaker in a match that barely cracked a * rating and really only give Undertaker a polite (not emotional) farewell after said match, then I suppose Roman was the right guy. If the goal was to get Roman over as a hot heel, then he would have been the right opponent.

I don't really dislike Roman that much and I think he should be a main eventer in WWE, but the way he is presented continues to be a major turn-off and I truly believe it's going to start costing them should they continue. Two out of Roman's three 'Mania main events rank up there among the worst 'Mania main events and his one great main event was elevated by the "Are they seriously putting the belt on him?" factor in addition to the Rollins cash-in.

Had they just turned Roman heel in 2015 and had him run wild with it, he'd probably be an organically over top babyface by now.

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
Imagine if '98 Austin were booked this poorly. I can't. It's not about wins and losses, because Austin lost a lot of matches, usually through severe shenanigans (he lost his 1st PPV defense by DQ, lost the title in 1st Blood, lost in the 2-on-1 "Triple Threat", lost at Survivor Series, lost the Rumble in '99...). He was allowed to be the avatar of the audience. They found a character the audience hated, Mr. McMahon, and plugged Austin into the role of the trash-talking ass kicker who wouldn't take crap from his boss. Somewhere along the way, the McMahon character went from a real villain to comic book villain, and failed to repeat the formula for 2 decades since. What is Roman's motivation? Why should we get behind him? Because he beats people at WrestleMania? He's never given anything to hook the fans. It doesn't matter how good or bad a worker he is (he's pretty good, often great), he needs a hook, and WWE has missed the boat for 4 years now, and there's no way to dock that ship and get people on board, IMO. The ship is sailed, and the best option is turn him heel, and try something else. Braun is ready made, but I feel has an incredibly short shelf-life. There's no guarantee of another Hogan, Austin, or Cena to ride to the bank.
Edited by Scrooge McSuck, Mar 4 2018, 10:42 AM.
Posted Image

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Rumor is the Bar will be fighting a new team at mania

While I would say that's a good time to call up a team like AOP or Sanity, the favorite is Bray Wyatt and Matt hardy

As they will join forces after their final deletion (or whatever it is going to be called) match on Raw

Don't know if that will be a good team. Guess Jeff hardy will be out even longer than expected

As far as NXT. I can't see it being war Machine as they haven't been there that long

And the NXT champs (Im still calling them Redragon dammit), Fish is hurt. So doubt it will be them

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
Here comes...HEAVY MACHINERY!

Naw. Just messin'. The Hardy/Wyatt team seems about right.

There's a chance that the NXT Takeover tag match plays into who may appear at Mania. I'd say, if AoP don't win the NXT Tag titles, then their odds of appearing at Mania go up.

Not that it means anything, but I'd rather see SAnitY appear as a foursome on RAW or Smackdown.

EDIT: I could actually see the "new" team at Mania being TM61. They're apparently not winning the Dusty Classic, have been there for awhile (excluding the missed 10 months due to injury) and seemed to have finally gotten over. They could put on a pretty good match with The Bar.
Edited by Erick Von Erich, Mar 12 2018, 08:50 AM.
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
There's zero chance AOP doesn't get called up within a week after Mania. They've gone through the tag division in NXT and developed into decent workers. Excluding a full blown face turn (they're tweeners now, IMO), they've done all they can without a call-up.
Posted Image

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Now that reigns isn't facing steroid charges (and they don't need him as a standby to fight Brock), it seems Braun and Elias will be the mystery team challenging the Bar at wrestlemania. Fine with me.

Edit: I hadn't watched raw when I posted this

Seems the rumors have a shot as Braun won the tag team battle royal by himself

Probably will be Elias

Could be Neville

Darkhorse: Ellsworth
Edited by torturedsoulv1, Mar 13 2018, 04:41 AM.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · World Wrestling Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply