Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Impact vs Lucha Underground at WrestleCon; WrestleMania weekend in Nawlens
Topic Started: Mar 22 2018, 08:08 AM (59 Views)
Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
Rumor/news is that Impact vs. Lucha Underground will be the theme of the actual wrestling at "WrestleCon". Main event is rumored to be Austin Aries & Fenix vs. Penta Om & Alberto el Patron.

I say "rumored", because I'm a little surprised they haven't added an official announcement to their website under "Wrestlecon Supershow", as of this morning (www.wrestlecon.com). The main draw of the event looks like the usual genre "fan convention" stuff-- pay $20-100 bucks to "meet" someone and get an autograph or picture. Lot of big names attending (Bret Hart, Bob Backlund, Steve Austin, Goldberg, etc.). Seems like it'd be a prime opportunity for Lucha & Impact to put on an eye-opening show... but if I'm a fan attending-- and have already put aside funds for all the other event fees--- I might be a little stretched for cash to pay another entry fee for their event.

Full disclosure: their site has all kinds of re-directs and off-site links for ticketing, so I didn't spend more than 5 minutes jumping around and trying to add up all the various ticket fees.
<!---Hit Paydirt with K-Dirt--->
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Infinite Devil Machine
Member Avatar
A Very Cunning Linguist
[ *  *  * ]
The big smark match at this show is Eddie Edwards vs. Jeremiah Crane. If you don't know, Jeremiah Crane is Sami Callihan. The same Sami Callihan that broke Edwards' orbital bone with a sloppy baseball bat shot on an episode of Impact Wrestling. Sami's like the biggest heel in the industry right now. He's part kayfabing and part shooting his feud with Edwards now. Sami's attacked Jim Cornette and Chris Hero for their criticisms of him on Twitter. And Callihan has even created a shirt with a baseball bat and Edwards' face on it and he's not profit sharing with Edwards.

So yeah, Sami's hot. He might be a sloppy piece of shit former deathmatch retard, but Sami's the biggest real heel in wrestling right now.

It should be a ton of fun.
What "World of Warcraft" players see when they're not playing.....

Posted Image

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Alberto no-showed the event.

I have mixed feelings about Sami. He's definitely had some fantastic matches at various points in his career, but he also has a lot of bad habits (mostly around selling and using finisher kick-outs as a crutch), and he's kind of a mark for himself.

Infinite Devil Machine
Member Avatar
A Very Cunning Linguist
[ *  *  * ]
SamoaRowe
Apr 8 2018, 06:01 AM
Alberto no-showed the event.

I have mixed feelings about Sami. He's definitely had some fantastic matches at various points in his career, but he also has a lot of bad habits (mostly around selling and using finisher kick-outs as a crutch), and he's kind of a mark for himself.
Also that whole “almost killing Eddie Edwards” with a sloppy baseball bat shot is enough to put him on people’s shit list.
Edited by Infinite Devil Machine, Apr 8 2018, 01:49 PM.
What "World of Warcraft" players see when they're not playing.....

Posted Image

torturedsoulv1
true maharajah Jinder Mahal
[ *  *  * ]
ADR is gone from TNA now. Guess this was the final straw.

« Previous Topic · TNA Wrestling · Next Topic »
Add Reply