Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Comments that don't warrant a thread.; I figured it was time we had one...
Topic Started: Jul 9 2006, 02:04 PM (38,544 Views)
torturedsoulv1
true maharajah Jinder Mahal
[ *  *  * ]
Scrooge McSuck
Jan 12 2018, 05:32 PM
This probably deserves a topic for itself, but news going around is that Paige is done due to injury as far as being a WWE Superstar is concerned. Unfortunate, especially at a young age.
Banks kicked her too hard

But Paige's neck was messed up to begin with
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Last night Viceroy Virus and I took in the 205 Live house show in Lowell, MA. It was held in the Memorial Hall that previously hosted the NXT live event where Samoa Joe won the NXT title and the ROH PPV where Cody Rhodes became ROH Champion.

I'd say attendance was about the same as when we went to ROH (about 70% full, meaning about 900 fans) but nowhere near what NXT drew in 2016 (sell-out).

It was a fantastic show.

We arrived a bit late and got there just in time to see Hideo Itami finish off Jack Gallagher.

Kalisto and Gran Metalik beat Drew Gulak and TJ Perkins in a good, long match, with lots of good character work from Gulak and high spots from the luchadors.

Woken Matt Hardy beat Bray Wyatt in a very good match. Both guys were having a ball in this setting.

Akira Tozawa beat Ariya Daivari in a solid 10 minute match.

Mustafa Ali beat Tony Nese in another really strong, long-ish match. A chubby fan in the front row lifted his shirt and mocked Nese's ab counting gesture, which seemed to genuinely amuse Nese.

Enzo Amore beat Cedric Alexander to retain the Cruiserweight title when guest referee Nia Jax dropped Cedric with a Samoan Drop (after previously eating an errant super kick from Cedric). Match was serviceable and the fans were willing to play along with it (and after two previous big title changes in this building, who could blame them?).

I will also note that there were no obvious/noticable botches throughout the show. These guys all brought their A games.

Really fun show that has me feeling enthusiastic about wrestling. If you get the chance to attend 205 Live in a small building, I recommend you go.

torturedsoulv1
true maharajah Jinder Mahal
[ *  *  * ]
I've never watched 205 live. So only know of them from their work on RAw (nese from TNA and Alexander from ROH as well). But that sounded fun

Why was Wyatt vs Hardy in the show? Does every 205 live show have a raw match on it?

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
torturedsoulv1
Jan 21 2018, 08:18 PM
I've never watched 205 live. So only know of them from their work on RAw (nese from TNA and Alexander from ROH as well). But that sounded fun

Why was Wyatt vs Hardy in the show? Does every 205 live show have a raw match on it?
I think it was just to pad out the show with some extra starpower and an otherwise thin (no pun intended) roster. Plus, the Woken Matt Hardy gimmick is a big deal with these kinds of fans. I will add that it was kind of neat seeing a main roster act like Bray Wyatt in this intimate setting, complete with his regular entrance.

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
Rumor going around is that Vince stepped down as show runner for 205 Live, handing over responsibilities to Hunter. THANK GOD. Last week was a good start, and I'm hearing decent things about last night (waiting until after work to watch it).
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · World Wrestling Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply