Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OAO NBA Thread
Topic Started: Oct 24 2006, 04:03 PM (14,156 Views)
SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
The Cavs/Celtics trade has been completed. The Celtics threw in a 2020 2nd round pick to seal the deal. While that pick is not a big deal by any stretch of the imagination, I feel like the Cavs were dead-wrong to ask for more. They knew that Thomas had a bad hip when they agreed to the initial trade.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

torturedsoulv1
true maharajah Jinder Mahal
[ *  *  * ]
If he didn't flunk the physical I agree with you. But if he flunked the physical, they have a right to ask for more

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Well, the argument could be made that by throwing in Jae Crowder and the Nets pick, they already did factor in the hip injury, but whatever, that second round pick is no big deal.

Seriously though, I am really sad to see Thomas go. I don't suppose he'd have another great season like last year, but he was truly an endearing underdog.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
League Pass is available for monthly rates this year. The most enticing is 29 dollars a month for the entire league (minus your home teams, of course). I might actually do it this year if I find that it works more functionally during the free week. Reddit only works so well.

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Was at the nets 35 point demolition of the Wizards. They were up by 10 at the home and blew them out in the 3rd quarter

Was also at the 5 point loss to the kings 2 nights ago
The kings are worse than the Nets

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Good win for the Nets. Did John Wall have too much eggnog before the game?

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
Knicks were 5-25 at this point last year. 17-15 this year. I hate to celebrate mediocre, but hot damn, playoff run lol
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
I'd say melo was holding them back

But it was probably the Triangle

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
ho ho who the hell are you?
[ *  *  * ]
I think Enes Kanter was a good pick up for them. He gives them a good defensive presence and is the best rebounder they've had in a long time. Jarrett Jack and Michael Beasley coming off the bench has also helped them out a lot. Those guys can provide depth scoring which they've lacked previously.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah, the Knicks have actually been pretty fun to watch this year. I caught them picking up some pretty nice wins against my Celtics and Thunder. The Christmas game day with the 76ers was a lot of fun. Seems like a lot hinges on how well Porzingis is shooting, he's had a few really bad games, but it appears moving on from Anthony and the triangle have really paid off for them.

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Mad Dog,Dec 26 2017
06:25 PM
I think Enes Kanter was a good pick up for them. He gives them a good defensive presence and is the best rebounder they've had in a long time. Jarrett Jack and Michael Beasley coming off the bench has also helped them out a lot. Those guys can provide depth scoring which they've lacked previously.

Kanter has always been a horrible defender. But he has always been a decent scorer/ very good rebounder

Beasley never lived up to his #2 overall pick status. I forget what year. But yes he's been good for them off the bench

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Kanter was pretty inconsistent during his OKC stint. He could be quite effective as the sixth man when it came to scoring and grabbing rebounds, but there were other games where he basically got benched (would only play 3-4 minutes) due to being a liability.

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Was at nets-celtics

Hard to beat one of the best teams in the NBA when the refs are that horrible

Nets blew it anyway as they missed 4 shots in the last 6.3 seconds

But the officiating was garbage

Celtic didn't have Horford (or Hayward)

No levert, Russell (or Lin) for the nets

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
I'll be at nets-Knicks tomorrow and nets-spurs Wednesday

They better throttle the knicks tomorrow

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah, the Celtics are one of the best teams in the NBA, aren't they? :)

I hope the Nets win as many games as possible, just to mess up that pick for Cleveland. I think they can beat the Knicks, it seems that Porzingis is having a hard time maintaining his energy as the season progresses.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Sports · Next Topic »
Add Reply