Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The OAO Ring of Honor thread.; We really only need one anyway...
Topic Started: Dec 24 2006, 09:10 PM (50,948 Views)
SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Most ROH topics seemingly die out after a few responses, so I figured why not. That, and I wanted to mention that Homicide won the ROH World Championship last night from Danielson.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
ho ho who the hell are you?
[ *  *  * ]
Too late I think. I would've cared more for a Homicide reign about a year ago.

dynamite kido
Member Avatar
Harry Reems is my hero.
[ *  *  * ]
The sad thing is the only reason Homicide won the title from him is because Danielson needs time off due to injury.
Posted Image

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
They really lack good main eventers now that they won't put the title on most TNA talent. I would've put the belt on Christopher Daniels if I were them. Nothing against Homicide but they haven't done a damned thing to make anyone care about him in a long time.

dynamite kido
Member Avatar
Harry Reems is my hero.
[ *  *  * ]
Mad Dog,Dec 24 2006
10:50 PM
They really lack good main eventers now that they won't put the title on most TNA talent. I would've put the belt on Christopher Daniels if I were them. Nothing against Homicide but they haven't done a damned thing to make anyone care about him in a long time.

Fuck that. Daniels shouldn't be holding anyone's major title at this point.
Posted Image

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I don't know who else you can give it to honestly. Nigel McGuinness maybe? I know most RoH fans would be pro Jimmy Rave but I don't think he's the kind of guy you put the promotion on. I don't know if Roderick Strong is the right guy for a big time indy promotion either.

Actually Brent Albright would be the perfect champion for them. Good all around worker and has name value.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
I disagree that no one has cared about Homicide in a long time. His feud with Colt Cabana early in the year was red hot, he was a central part of the ROH/CZW storyline (go back and listen to the pop he got in the Cage of Death match), and this title shot against Danielson was built up over many months. I'd say he's worthy to be the ROH champ, though it's sad to see Danielson's awesome reign come to an end.

The Swigg Lebowski
Member Avatar
Current Two Time DWB Champion
[ *  *  * ]
I think the problem with Homicide is that TNA's booking of him has actually hurt him in other companies.
Scrooge McSuck

I'm too hefty for my slacks. The zippers off it's tracks. I've stretched it to the maa-a-a-a-x.

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
That is true as well. His LAX stuff has been so great that it's hard to get into him doing anything not with that group. Plus I think him being half of the NWA World Tag Team Champions is a bigger deal than him being the RoH Champion these days.

whitemilesdavis
Tha Nu Me
[ *  *  * ]
Nigel or Albright would've been the better choices. ROH is now starting to run into the problems ECW had during the Monday night wars. Now, the perception is that a TNA talent is holding the ROH title. Danielson was the perfect guy for them right now, as he's seen as a world class wrestler, but also is fairly exclusive to ROH as far as North America goes. ROH has to get better at building talent quickly that doesn't look second rate, if the promotion is to continue operating with the same success it has had in the past.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
I still don't think Homicide is going to be a long term champion, so the image of a TNA guy holding the belt shouldn't be a huge issue. Jimmy Rave is getting a title shot in February when they head back into New York, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Rave score the win and the championship then.

Nigel McGuinness would be a wonderful choice to be the champion too. I wouldn't have been upset had he won the title in August (though it would have been a shame to miss out on Danielson/KENTA, we wouldn't have known any different).

Brent Albright may become a great choice later on, but right now wouldn't be wise. I wouldn't be the one saying it, but a lot of people would be whining about the ROH title going on a "WWE reject." That, and he's still new to the promotion. I think with time and build, Albright should easily be main eventing ROH shows left and right.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
I'm still on the fence about whether or not I'm going to ROH on 1/26 in Braintree, MA. It doesn't look like the weather is going to be that bad, so if the conditions are right on the day of the event, I may drive down and buy tickets at the door.

jamiegeist
Poops McGee
[ *  *  * ]
Looks like myself and 2 buddies are gonna hit up the RoH show in late April in Saint Paul, Minnesota. It'll be me officially popping my RoH cherry, and I can't fucking wait.

This seems like as good as place as any to mention that Samoa fucking Joe is coming to CSW in Lawrence, Ks on January 20th. I can't fuckin wait. They're starting to pop some headliners:

January: Joe
February: Abyss
March: Homicide
April: Low Ki

So fucking pumped.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Updated card for 1/26 in Braintree:

ROH World Title Match
Homicide, with Julius Smokes, defends vs. Chris Hero with Larry Sweeney

2/3 Falls Match
Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe

Special Challenge Match
Samoa Joe vs. Nigel McGuinness

No DQ Mixed Tag Team Grudge Match
Colt Cabana, BJ Whitmer & Daizee Haze vs. Jimmy Jacobs, Brent Albright & Lacey

Special Challenge Match
Davey Richards vs. the returning Rocky Romero

Four Corner Survival Match
Christopher Daniels vs. Jimmy Rave vs. Shingo vs. Jason Blade

Grudge Tag Team Match
Delirious & Pelle Primeau vs. Adam Pearce & Shane Hagadorn

Bonus Match
Jack Evans vs. Eddie Edwards

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
From the newswire:

January 23rd: Word has already leaked all over the internet and a press conference was held in Japan, but now we are making it official. Ring Of Honor will be headed to Japan in July for two shows. These will be authentic ROH shows. The first night will see ROH work closely with Pro Wrestling NOAH to present an event in Tokyo at Differ Ariake. The second night will see ROH work closely with Dragon Gate to hold an event in Osaka. There will be much more news including several huge announcements about these events in the upcoming months. These will be two of the most important shows in ROH history.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Indy and International Wrestling · Next Topic »
Add Reply