Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
CHIKARA
Topic Started: Sep 13 2009, 07:51 AM (16,411 Views)
SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
The Viceroy and I are going to CHIKARA's New Hampshire debut in Nashua today. Here's the line-up:

CHIKARA - Hiding in Plain Sight

Fire Ant and Soldier Ant vs. Ophidian and Amasis

Player Dos vs. Player Uno

Mike Quackenbush and Jigsaw vs. Bryan Danielson and Claudio Castagnoli

Green Ant, Carpenter Ant, Dasher Hatfield, Lince Dorado, and Equinox vs. Shane Matthews, Jagged, Vin Gerard, STIGMA, and Colin Delaney

Vakader vs. Tim Donst

Ultra Mantis Black and Delirious vs. Eddie Kingston and Grizzly Redwood

Frightmare and Hallowicked vs. Icarus and Chuck Taylor

Ariel vs. Sara Del Rey

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
ho ho who the hell are you?
[ *  *  * ]
Lucky, you got to see the Colony win the belts.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Yep, it was nice to see a title change on our first try.

Also, Colt Cabana was the surprise replacement for the injured Equinox in the ten man tag.

Klossing
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Hope you had a good time. I read that this was the best non King of Trio's show chikara has put on. A couple days ago I was wondering if Cabana was ever in chikara and if he wasn't why not since he fits chikara perfectly, but now I don't have to worry about it. Hopefully FIST take those belts off those pesky ants.
Posted Image

The Swigg Lebowski
Member Avatar
Current Two Time DWB Champion
[ *  *  * ]
Lucky bastards. Chikara is really my second favorite promotion right now. The cheeky humor is just too good to not laugh at.
Scrooge McSuck

I'm too hefty for my slacks. The zippers off it's tracks. I've stretched it to the maa-a-a-a-x.

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Klossing,Sep 15 2009
03:43 PM
Hope you had a good time. I read that this was the best non King of Trio's show chikara has put on. A couple days ago I was wondering if Cabana was ever in chikara and if he wasn't why not since he fits chikara perfectly, but now I don't have to worry about it. Hopefully FIST take those belts off those pesky ants.

How dare you! Those pesky ants will keep the belts no problem.

So is Fire Ant the first Chikara wrestler to win the tag belts and the Young Lion's Cup?

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Nope. Looked it up. Player Dos is the first Chikara wrestler to pull that off.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
In place of a bachelor's party (not my cup of tea) a group of my best friends and I went to CHIKARA's Anniversario Zehn show last night. It was a blast. A ton of the undercard matches ended up being about 10x better than I was expecting them to be, and the eight man main event was a glorious spot-fest. CHIKARA is becoming my favorite promotion to see live.

The Swigg Lebowski
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
[doHTML]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1voKWyNijzk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1voKWyNijzk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/doHTML]

Chikara podcast a go-go 236, for your viewing pleasure.

And man does that first match make me want to buy the DVD
Scrooge McSuck

I'm too hefty for my slacks. The zippers off it's tracks. I've stretched it to the maa-a-a-a-x.

The Swigg Lebowski
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
[doHTML]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RvM2D3oU0Tk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RvM2D3oU0Tk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/doHTML]

Podcast-a-go-go #238

These are quickly becoming the highlights of my week
Scrooge McSuck

The Swigg Lebowski
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Went to the Chikara show last night in Kingsport, twenty five minutes away from my apartment. It was an awesome show, as expected. They were using NWA Smoky Mountains ring, and two different ring ropes broke. The bottom rope broke, then the middle rope broke later on the show after they fixed the bottom rope. Of course, the middle rope broke when Tursas hit it, so I can't fault that one, necessarily. A guy i know who works for Smoky Mountain was flabbergasted that they broke, but there were lots of springboard moves, and the ropes weren't tight enough.

The show itself was awesome, and the talent did a great job of getting the crowd involved. Everything you'd want from a Chikara show. The main was the first time I've seen a womens match as the main in TN, with Sara Del Rey beating Kana in an awesome match up, easily the best womens match I've ever seen. The highlight for me, though, was seeing and meeting my personal favorite UltraMantis Black.
Scrooge McSuck

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
CHIKARA is my favorite live show these days. Plague and I went to a show a couple of weeks ago that was highlighted by Sara Del Rey vs. Ares. There's a terribly awesome picture of Plague and I in the ring posing with Hallowicked floating around CHIKARAPRO.com.

Anyone planning on ordering their first iPPV?

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I probably will.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
If I'm home and have access to the computer I definitely will. CHIKARA is just one of those promotions you really, really want to see succeed.

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I agree. They don't have douchebag fans and they seem to just want to entertain more than be some smarky fed. I wish they'd start getting a card together for this but I'll watch either way.

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Indy and International Wrestling · Next Topic »
Add Reply