Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Walking Dead on AMC
Topic Started: Oct 22 2010, 03:22 PM (9,312 Views)
Mad Dog
Member Avatar
ho ho who the hell are you?
[ *  *  * ]
The wife and I are hyped for the debut on October 31st. My wife hates zombie stuff with a passion and she's really into the comics and is excited for the show.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
I attended an interesting Walking Dead panel at NYCC and they showed a lot of exclusive footage. It's going to be awesome.

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I should've put AMC. Anyways, the show was fucking awesome.

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
Mad Dog,Nov 1 2010
05:14 PM
I should've put AMC.

You DID!

I have no knowledge of "Walking Dead", other than it was a comic book and people in my nerd circles have raved about it. The shows are being archived on Comcast's On Demand, so I may have to check it out...soon as I get caught up with Sons of Anarchy.
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
I've read the first TPB of the series and it was gripping. I missed the first episode due to walking in a Halloween parade as Dr. Zoidberg, but I'll catch up sooner than later.

SpaceOdyssey
Member Avatar
Friend of Pete Doherty
[ * ]
This show was epic! Really looking forward to the next season, did they ever explain what happened to the redneck fellow who sawed off his hand? I was expecting him to turn up at some point to get revenge on Andrew Lincolns character but it never happened (unless it did and I missed that one :unsure: )

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Yup... two years later and I FINALLY fulfilled my prophecy by watching this series. I have two episodes left to go to finish off Season 2 and then I should be caught up for the fresh Season 3 stuff. All hail Netflix Instant Streaming for the assist.

-It took awhile for me to get into it, but it's one of my favorites, now. I don't care for the zombie genre, so I like how this show is about 15% fighting zombies and 85% drama about survival and character interaction.

-They've worked in some incredibly disgusting stuff to get horror fans giddy. Main example, for me, was when they pulled the aqua-zombie out of the well. Damn, that was gratuitously gross.

-I'm guessing Merle comes back at some point (aside from Darrell's fever dream). I'm also expecting a return from the father and son team that helped Rick in the first two episodes.

-I saw a promo card for Season 3 that read: "Fight the Dead. Fear the Living", so I'm guessing the Douchebags from Philly will become larger antagonists. Or else a whole new bunch of living assholes arrives. Right on cue, as right before the Philly guys popped up, I began thinking: "where's everybody else?"

-Something has to happen with "T-Dog", right? Since he sliced his arm, he's been nothing but a background character. Even "Ugly Abused Wife" has had more character development than T-Dog.

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I like to go online and read some of the Wiki-ish junk and see the fan theories and questions. The flippin' helicopter has me intrigued.

I find it funny that most of the fan forums are full of replies that fall into one of two categories. It's either: "this was different in the comic/in the comic it's _____ that does ____. You should read the comics".

The other, that really cracks me up, is: "I would survive a zombie apocalypse by doing ______". Then most are fanboys saying: "I would be like Darrell". Riiiiight.

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I don't know why people still respond with it's different than the comic. Straight up, they've killed off at least one character that is still alive and well in the comic at issue 103. So yes, it's very different, now we can move on.

My theory is the helicopter belongs to the crew of the Governor.

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
What I loved about the helicopter is that I had completely forgotten about it throughout the course of almost 2 full seasons.

I've never read the comics and never will. This will in no way heighten or lessen my enjoyment of the show...and that's perfectly OKAY. I friends who have gotten incredibly frustrated with me over this.

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Season... umm...3.5(?) kicked off, last weekend, with the reunion of Merle and Darrell.

Yes, I'll have SPOILERS, below, so look away now if you can't stand hearing about something that aired two days ago and you haven't seen yet.

-Glen stomping a mud-hold, literally, into a walker. Other than that, there were hardly any walkers in the episode. LOVE that. I'll get the Old Lady into one scene, then the next will have a walker hissing and growling. She'll say: "oh, this is stupid" and leave.

-Shortly after the mud-hole, when they were discussing the Merle situation, you could see two walkers off in the distance. They didn't play into the plot at all, but it was a good detail. Too often, the heroes have pulled off a road and there's been absolutely no sign of walkers.

-Governor seems to have ended his "thing" with Andrea, but will probably continue it as a ruse so he can use and manipulate her.

-The new arrivals at the prison. The black couple will probably make it (or least the guy), but the two other guys will probably be gone in 3 episodes.

-Merle's still an asshole, no matter what.

DON'T LIKES
-Not wild about the "Rick is losing it" subplot.

-They don't trust Michone, but they had no problem giving her and her samurai sword a ride in the backseat of their Hyundai? OK, I'm guessing they restrained her, someway, for the ride.

-"Talking Dead" promos throughout. Even on the OnDemand version.

-Comic book fans who feel they've been vindicated due to the show's success. No, you haven't. "Yes! This is good for The Industry and proves what I've been saying along: comic books and comic fans are cool and the most happening thing around". No, they're not. Ever.

-I'll make a deal: you don't tell me to read the comics and I won't tell you to listen to the Anthrax song about the show.

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
When Season 3 started, I didn't care much for it, but then I was "forced" into watching the 1st and 2nd Season DVD's... and now I'm hooked. I have to agree with the latest episode: Glenn is slowly becoming more and more awesome and feels like he should take over as the "leader", and I really don't get where they're going with the crap about Lori's ghost. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of revenge the Governor gets for Rick's group fucking up Woodbury.

I would also like to point out how annoying and obnoxious that Kevin Smith came across as on Talking Dead. Made it almost unwatchable, with his ignorant humor and attention whoring.
Posted Image

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Never thought of Glenn becoming the "leader", but that's an interesting idea.

The thing I liked about the Gov; at least in the first half of the season; is that his methods and ways of life seemed VERY enticing. Sure, we knew he was the bad guy, but you could relate to why Andrea was getting sucked into Woodbury. In a world based on Darwinism, you could almost justify what he'd established.

Then they sold me on the Gov as being EVIL with the whole Maggie/Glenn thing. He didn't rape Maggie... but made it so Glenn thought that he did. When Maggie tells the truth of "I took my shirt off, but nothing happened", Glenn won't believe it. The Gov drove a wedge between them. That's a manipulative bastard.

Now that the Gov's out for revenge for his daughter's death and the Woodbury invasion, he'll be even nastier. What's worse to him, is that the invasion made him look weaker.

I think maybe what's going on with Lori's ghost (plus Shane's ghost and the phonecalls from the first half-season) is that Rick feels increasingly responsible for everybody and it's driving him nuts. Okay, we get it. I guess it's something for the departed actors to do.

Oh, and was the helicopter sub-plot officially concluded in the opener of Season 3? In Season 1, I thought the helicopter Rick saw was a news copter, not the Huey that was downed in Season 3's opener.

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
-Good call on the Glen/leader thing. He was definitely trying to fill that role, this week. And, just like Rick, whenever he left the camp, things went to shit.

-The Governor's officially an asshole, now. He wasn't necessarily out for blood, as he left as soon as he screwed up the prison's defenses with his "Biter Trojan Horse". That was just MEAN. He seemed too happy to be shooting off rounds, aimlessly, at one point.

-He reminds me of the bad guy from "The Postman". Was a loser in the past life, but saw his chance with the apocalypse to "be somebody" (tm, Navin Johnson). Or Tina Turner's character in "Mad Max III".

-Too bad about Axel. Just when the cast and the audience were warming up to him, BANG. He seemed like a comic relief character, which probably wouldn't have worked in the long run. Glenn was the funny guy in Season 1 into 2, but seems to have straightened out.

-When did they decide to let Michone live in the turned-over schoolbus? "We have strangers in the next block, are expecting an attack and are paranoid about outsiders... but feel free to live in the old ass schoolbus out in the yard. Shouldn't be weird at all".

-Darrell returned at the right time. Surprisingly good aim and touch, too. He shot a bolt right through the head of a walker that was about 6 inches from Rick's head. I know, complaining about "realism" in a show about frickin' zombies is an oxymoron.

-When Darrell and Merle helped out the Mexican family, I thought for a second it might be the family that left the Atlanta camp in season one. Regardless, I like seeing other survivors throughout the show.

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
That last 10 or so minutes was some of the most intense action on the series. The Governor's Walker Bomb ripping through the fences was a nice twist to ruining their chances of protection from nearby walkers, then excessively shooting rounds to draw attention to the area... prick. I do have to say I'm seriously in doubt how all these great shooters were pulling Stormtrooper inaccuracy. You'd think someone would've been clipped, other than the initial shot on Axel.

I don't know what to expect with what they have planned for Merle. I like to think he's going to change, but he won't. He'll be a scuzball as soon as possible.

Ditto on Micchone. I guess they had a change of heart when Rick went more crazy, except they didn't tell us?
Posted Image

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · TV and Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply