Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The NEW Crusaders are Coming!; Or: RED CIRCLE IS BACK!
Topic Started: Oct 10 2011, 12:18 PM (1,743 Views)
captcomic83
Friend of Pete Doherty
[ * ]
Less than a year after DC ended the DCU versions of Red Circle via the 'Mighty Crusaders' mini-series. Archie Comics is planning yet another go at bringing back these heroes, this time in the form of a digital subscription service headlined by a regular ongoing serial of six pages per installment telling the tales of a NEW GENERATION of heroes called... The NEW CRUSADERS!

The subscription service will also include thousands of pages of classic stories featuring the Red Circle heroes, some of them never-before reprinted!

Check this story out here!

Jeremy.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
OK, I'll bite: what's your strange obsession with these characters?

Looking at the promo material, I'm getting a "Brave & the Bold" cartoon feel to things. The six page (digital) installments is an interesting delivery method. I wish 'em all the luck in the world, but have personally have no interest in reading or following this.
<!---Hit Paydirt with K-Dirt--->
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.

captcomic83
Friend of Pete Doherty
[ * ]
Erick Von Erich,Oct 11 2011
02:46 PM
OK, I'll bite: what's your strange obsession with these characters?

Looking at the promo material, I'm getting a "Brave & the Bold" cartoon feel to things. The six page (digital) installments is an interesting delivery method. I wish 'em all the luck in the world, but have personally have no interest in reading or following this.

Actually, I tend to like the more obscure characters and companies anyways. That is why my two 'guest reviews' on Option38 so far have been: The Fly #1 (The 1983 Red Circle version) and Americomics Special #1 (A 1983 indy comic starring four of the Charlton Heroes!).

I have four more 'guest reviews' for the site in progress, and they are:
Mighty Crusaders #1 (The 1982 Red Circle version)
Lancelot Strong The Shield #1 (Red Circle; 1983; The incarnation of the Shield that time forgot!)
Iron Man (1994 animated series): 'And the Sea Shall Give Up Its Dead' (The opening episode of this 1990s animated series. And I needed to review something regarding one of Marvel's traditional heroes!)
Freex #1 (Malibu/Ultraverse; 1993; With the recent revival of CrossGen via Marvel, I am reviewing a book from Malibu Comics, which Marvel bought out in 1994! I am reviewing an Ultraverse comic!)

Regarding 'New Crusaders': Archie wanted it to not be watered-downed heroes, but not gritty ones, neither! They likened the new series to The Incredibles!

In terms of continuity, it is slated to continue the 'Classic Crusaders' continuity (The continuity that spanned from 1939 to 1985), but certain elements of the Impact line of the early 1990s will be here as well! (Similar to how the Milestone heroes wound up in the DCU!)

The classic stories are there to enrich the experience.

And finally, the six-pages installments are weekly, which means 24-30 pages of new material each month! A good deal for $2.99-$3.99 (Archie's intended price point).

Jeremy Aron Patterson.

captcomic83
Friend of Pete Doherty
[ * ]
If you want to check out the NEW CRUSADERS, then circle your calendar for FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2012: Archie Comics will put a free preview of NEW CRUSADERS as part of 'MEGA MAN FCBD EDITION'.

For more info, click here!

Jeremy.

captcomic83
Friend of Pete Doherty
[ * ]
I have new regarding the release date of the NEW CRUSADERS, and it will debut in May!

Jeremy.

captcomic83
Friend of Pete Doherty
[ * ]
Good news: Archie Comics will be publishing a print version of the New Crusaders!

Check it out here!

Jeremy.

captcomic83
Friend of Pete Doherty
[ * ]
I have the exact release date of 'New Crusaders: Rise of the Heroes' #1.

It is coming August 22!

Jeremy.

« Previous Topic · Comic Books · Next Topic »
Add Reply