Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Comments that don't warrant a thread...
Topic Started: Oct 25 2011, 05:12 PM (67,400 Views)
Mad Dog
Member Avatar
ho ho who the hell are you?
[ *  *  * ]
I would be willing to call it a definitive heel Jericho performance. I think this match is something 10 years from now we'll hold up as an example of how great his work could be.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
I'm watching the new NXT DVD set, and OMG, have they come a long way in producing quality commentary. We're spoiled with teams like Mauro and Nigel, and even Tom Phillips was great with Corey Graves, but damn if a lot of them were bad before that. There's a Cesaro/Zayn match where the lead PBP guy shows so little enthusiasm and ends every pin attempt with "does he have him? 1-2... NO" and it makes me cry inside because there's a good number of them, and he does it literally 5-seconds into the match. Tony Dawson, BTW. Awful.worse than Byron.
Posted Image

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
They used to have JR do the main events and Albert would sit in on some matches. I think Byron was doing shows too. But yeah, the commentary was bad.

Infinite Devil Machine
Member Avatar
Have A Merry Christmas... Or Else
[ *  *  * ]
Mad Dog,Jan 8 2018
08:54 PM
They used to have JR do the main events and Albert would sit in on some matches. I think Byron was doing shows too. But yeah, the commentary was bad.

There was also a time when they had Renee Young doing commentary. A lack of practical wrestling knowledge, along with a lack of polish, and a noticeable lisp made her absolutely unbearable to listen to.

Ugh.
What "World of Warcraft" players see when they're not playing.....

Posted Image

HeenanandMonsoon
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
I've been watching early NXT from 2010/11 and man I can't believe i'm saying this but Michael Cole was great in the heel role. During that season where it was all divas he actually made me laugh quite a few times.

I'm into season 5 ''Redemption'' with Regal and Todd Grisham in the booth.Looking back I used to dislike Grisham but hearing him call these shows he's really not that bad.
Founder of the Humanoid Nation Community on PSN

Posted Image

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
Grisham ended his run as an OK PBP guy. He was the fucking shits when he started. Bad comedy is worse than no charisma.
Posted Image

JimBob Skeeter
Member Avatar
DWB Champ
[ *  *  * ]
The whole season of Diva's NXT was FANTASTIC. OH, the memories.........

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
One of my New Years Resolutions for 2018 was to finally get into and follow PWG. So I bought all of the shows from 2017, they only run like 10 shows a year, and watched the first one today.

Today I started this journey and watched the first show Only Kings Understand Each Other. Pretty fun show overall. There was a 6 man with Cole and the Young Bucks taking on Sami Callihan and OI4K which was just stupid and fun. There was also a really fun Trent? vs. Fenix match. I had a lot of fun with the show and see the charm of the promotion. I'm really looking forward to the next show.

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
CWF Mid-Atlantic is one of my favorite promotions. They post their weekly TV on YouTube for free and Trevor Lee is on his way to a 2 year run as their champion. I'm posting this episode because the Trevor Lee vs. Roy Wilkins First Blood match is just such a masterful display of violence.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Wrestling · Next Topic »
Add Reply