Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Comments that don't warrant a thread...
Topic Started: Oct 25 2011, 05:12 PM (68,206 Views)
Infinite Devil Machine
Member Avatar
A Very Cunning Linguist
[ *  *  * ]
Erick Von Erich
Mar 2 2018, 02:14 PM
Ran another trivia night, last week, and one category was "Terrible Trios". Just random things that run in 3's. Three Amigos, RUSH, jazz trios, Tinker-to-Evers-to-Chance, etc. One question that NOBODY got was: "what's the collective team name of Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose". Even showed a picture of them, but nobody knew who they were.

Somewhat odd, but a few different people answered "death squad".
Death Squad is definitely what a confused 8-year old or the New Japan creative office would call them, to be fair.

I mean, that's not too far off from "Bullet Club".
What "World of Warcraft" players see when they're not playing.....

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

HeenanandMonsoon
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Do any of you collect wrestling figures? I started to get back into it after many years last year after setting up my collection room. Got a pretty nice selection so far of Hasbro,Jakks, Toymakers etc.

Founder of the Humanoid Nation Community on PSN

Posted Image

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
I have a complete set of loose Hasbros, minus the 3 mailaway figures and the yellow KOTR ring.

All the US released WCW Galoob figures from 90-91.

30 or so assorted Jakks BCA from late 90's.

About 80+ loose Mattel basics and elites.

My living room and closet looks like PEe-Wee's Playhouse.
Posted Image

Infinite Devil Machine
Member Avatar
A Very Cunning Linguist
[ *  *  * ]
Scrooge McSuck
Mar 6 2018, 03:40 PM
I have a complete set of loose Hasbros, minus the 3 mailaway figures and the yellow KOTR ring.

All the US released WCW Galoob figures from 90-91.

30 or so assorted Jakks BCA from late 90's.

About 80+ loose Mattel basics and elites.

My living room and closet looks like PEe-Wee's Playhouse.
You have all the Hasbro toys?

Shit man, I've been looking for the later releases; The Smoking Gunns, 1-2-3 Kid and the like, at a reasonable price for years. That's pretty cool.

Those Galoob WCW toys were awful, weren't they? Just big, awkwardly posed lumps of that sort of plastic/sort of hard molded rubber. I had a Sting that was like that.

There's never been a series of more "playable" action figures than the WWF toys from the mid to late-90's. Those "Bone Crunching Action" figures came out when wrestling was popular. I remember walking into toy aisles in Wal-Mart or KB Toys and just seeing those things wall-to-wall. And like, four packs or six-packs of them. Reasonably priced. An 8 pack of WWE toys now sets you back like $60. Back then you could get a 6-pack for less than $25. And they came with accessories and belts and weapons. Modern "basic" WWE toys don't even come with any of that shit.

Man... memories. Just, memories.

Posted Image

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
The Green card/Series 11 Hasbros definitely slowed me down getting the full set, and prices keep going up unfortunately. The cheapest for me was Adam Bomb (at the time purchased for $55), and the most expensive was 1-2-3 Kid ($135).

The Galoob series wasn't bad, just looks bad since it came out the same time as the Hasbro line. They remind me of the LJN figures, but smaller and not rubbery. I definitely hate a few of them, like Luger, who's pose was NOT playable. I've been trying to pick up the Series 2 UK exclusives like El Gigante and the Freebirds, but I don't love the series enough to overpay, especially on shipping overseas.

I just remembered I've started collecting the JusToys bend 'em series, the WWF's figures after their Hasbro license ran out. These things, even to 11 year old me, SUCKED compared to the Hasbro awesomeness. Worse than Galoob.

I really should post pictures some time of the madness that is my home.
Edited by Scrooge McSuck, Mar 7 2018, 08:47 AM.
Posted Image

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
Scrooge isn't counting the Macho King "Wrestling Buddy" that he sleeps with.

When I got into wrestling in 1986, we only had the awful LJN "Figures" and the crappy AWA/NWA sets from REMCO that were re-worked from their Masters of the Universe knock-offs. So we used the tiny M.U.S.C.L.E things. A good stand-in, since they were fairly cheap, small, and you could cook up your own characters. Most of mine were somewhat based off of real wrestlers, in either their booking or character. The crazy sh*t I came up with could probably fill a 3 page thread.

Circa 1990, my dad and I got a few of the Hasbro WWF figures, just for fun and not to "play". We had Ultimate Warrior, Dusty Rhodes, Demolition, Hulk Hogan and maybe Hacksaw or Big Bossman.

Oh...and I still have my 1986 mail-in, 1986 Triple T and 1988 Warthog Sgt. Slaughter G.I. Joe figures!
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
I've tried getting into collecting the LJN figures, but gosh are they bulky and don't blend in well with everything else. I've only wasted a little money so far on Andre, 2018 Hall of Fame Inductee Hillbilly Jim (WITH removable hat), and Honkytonk Man, so I haven't committed too hard to them to the point I feel I must push forward.
Posted Image

HeenanandMonsoon
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
I had some of the LJN's back in the day but it was usually just Hasbro and Galoob for me.

The flea market I go to in NJ has a ton of these old figures still in the package for pretty decent prices. I also plan on getting a replica belt but question is do I really wanna shell out 400 bucks?

Posted Image

HeenanandMonsoon
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Still going through these old NXT episodes and it got me thinking,what ever happened to Richie Steamboat? He had zero personality( much like his dad) but to me he wasn't bad in the ring.

Posted Image

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
History of injuries, I think back and neck.
Posted Image

Infinite Devil Machine
Member Avatar
A Very Cunning Linguist
[ *  *  * ]
I own a Ted Arcidi LJN action figure.

Considering hes molded in hard, immobile rubber, hes only slightly less mobile than the real thing.

Posted Image

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
every time I think of buying an Outback Jack LJN figure, I re-evaluate my life.
Posted Image

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
Another of those Stupid Things I Think About: did Mid-south (or anybody else) ever have a 6-man tag team with Bad Leroy Brown, King Kong Bundy and Junkyard Dog?
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
Randomly picked the 1-3-14 episode of Friday Night Smackdown. We've got...

1. The Usos fighting The Shield (Rollins and Reigns) to a non-finish. CM Punk and Dean Ambrose ran in, and we've got a 6-Man courtesy of Vickie Guerrero.

2. Xavier Woods is feuding with Brodus Clay over entrance music. Instagram was a thing in January '14?

3. Daniel Bryan has been abducted by the Wyatt Family.

4. Big E has a last name and the IC Title

5. Batista returns... in 2 weeks-ish.

6. Babyface Miz.
Edited by Scrooge McSuck, Apr 11 2018, 05:45 PM.
Posted Image

torturedsoulv1
true maharajah Jinder Mahal
[ *  *  * ]
sadly I do remember Woods and Clay fighting over the entrance music. I think R Truth was involved in that as well. Woods sucked in WWE before New Day was formed

I thought he was better in TNA than he was pre-New Day in WWE

Babyface Miz = Miz is someone who should always be a heel. You can say that about other wrestlers as well. But Miz is at the top of that list
Edited by torturedsoulv1, Apr 11 2018, 08:34 PM.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Wrestling · Next Topic »
Add Reply