Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Episode VII is Coming; Star Wars, that is.
Topic Started: Oct 30 2012, 04:07 PM (5,390 Views)
Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
Disney Buys LucasFilm

You've probably heard the news or read the smart-alecky posts n' tweets, but Disney has purchased LucasFilm and plans to make an "Episode VII".

Yup, set after "Return of the Jedi". Which means there's a chance Disney might finally be the ones to purchase my script for "Epsiode VII: Wrath of the Walrus Men". Mace Windu returns (with his son, D'oh Boi played by a certain rapper/Coors pitchman). Han is sterile from being frozen and cant' have kids.... yet Leia gives birth. Luke spends way too much time with C3PO. And more!

Y'know, it's actually good news if you're a Star Wars fan. Instead of them running this half-ass Disney wannabe franchise, they can just turn it over to the real deal.

EDIT: This reportedly means that Disney has the rights to Indiana Jones, now, too. Don't freak, "true fans". I don't think too many people have been disappointed with "Star Tours" and "The Indiana Jones Spectacular" at DisneyWorld/Land and Disney MGM Studios.

<!---Hit Paydirt with K-Dirt--->
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
This could be either really awesome or about as good as the prequels. God, those sucked.
Posted Image

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I just hope an Episode VII (or "Star Wars 4") does not have any "sons and/or daughters of _____" crap. I'd expect some new characters, but a direct lineage is kinda' lame. Probably a reason I never got into all the spin-off books n' comics.

You could easily dig up Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, etc. to reprise their roles. But would you really want to see an aging Han Solo? A big reason the 3 original movies worked so well was because of Ford's overall charisma as Han. Ford's still a quality actor, but it would be tough to re-capture any of the swagger and appeal he had as Han in the 70's/80's.

At times, I've tried to get into the "post-Jedi" stuff over the years; starting back in 1984 with Marvel's meandering yarns. Biggest issue I've noticed is establishing a real antagonist. The Big Bad Empire was defeated, so it's really tough to give any validity to a new threat.

I know they've done stuff like resurrect the Emperor, bring back old Jedis turned evil, forgotten Empire general, new alien horde altogether... but they've all made me go "huh?"

artificialgrass01
Unregistered

When will the film be release?
By the way, do anyone share some info about Emily Vancamp who play a role in "Revenge"?
Quote Post Goto Top

The Swigg Lebowski
Member Avatar
Current Two Time DWB Champion
[ *  *  * ]
...anyway...

There's a part of me that is excited by this, as Disney treating LucasFilm as they've used Marvel could be awesome. Of course, we could get more Ewoks, too. So it could be either way
Scrooge McSuck

I'm too hefty for my slacks. The zippers off it's tracks. I've stretched it to the maa-a-a-a-x.

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Twas announced this week that JJ Abrams will be the director for "Episode VII". He makes no bones about being a geek. I imagine, to him, this is like being selected to play for your favorite sports team.

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
I'll take 3 hours of Ewoks over...

Jar Jar
The Trade Federation meetings
Whining Child Anakin
Heck... anything to do with Phantom Menace other than Darth Maul.
Whining Adult Anakin
The unbelievably impossible lack of on-screen chemistry between Anakin and Padme
Count DOOKU
Posted Image

The Swigg Lebowski
Member Avatar
Current Two Time DWB Champion
[ *  *  * ]
Funny side note: My wife's little brother thought Count Dooku's name was actually Count Doo-Doo. It took me forever to straighten that out.

As for JJ on board, I think it's a positive thing for Star Wars. He's got the ability to put action/adventure, romance and some "heart" into a movie without schmaltz. He's definitely a good choice to give the Franchise a new start after 3 craptacular prequels.

Puts the Star Trek franchise into jeopardy, though. I was just starting to truly get excited for them again, too
Scrooge McSuck

I'm too hefty for my slacks. The zippers off it's tracks. I've stretched it to the maa-a-a-a-x.

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Lub-wub!

I'm guessing we'll get "Force Ghost Yoda" for whoever gets tied into the Jedi stuff. I could see them doing Ewan McGregor under a lot of make-up as old Obi-Wan, but that character wouldn't work on anybody not-named-Luke. Since Yoda was re-established as the Main Jedi in the prequels, I'd say he makes a return as a ghost.

I still want Leia to have a half-wookie baby, though. Don't forget, Han was frozen, so his cables don't work properly anymore. What was one of the last things Han told Chewie before he was frozen: "you have to take care of the Princess".

Or have it be Lando's baby. Billy Dee would remain as the ultimate Icon of Coolness. Colt 45 spokesman, 70's hearthrob/ladies man and Dude Who Banged Princess Leia.

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
So, you've got a year until this comes out, but here's the official trailer (which a good chunk of your Facebook friends probably posted over the weekend. Don't act like you're too cool):

[doHTML]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OMOVFvcNfvE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/doHTML]

Kinda' funny how some sites have been over-analyzing this, dissecting every scene and "what this means... or could mean". My take: a lot of "classic" Star Wars imagery to make fans feel comfortable (Stormtroopers and the tri-fecta of iconic Star Wars vehicles: TIE fighters, X-Wings and the Millennium Falcon).

My indulgent fanboy dissection: looks like Tatooine. Anakin/Darth Vader was born there, Luke lived there, Obi-Wan lived there, it was in 4 of the 6 movies... ya' think there might be more significance to it?

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
The trailer has me pumped up, but I do have one complaint... the awkward sith lightsaber with blades coming from the crossbar. Really? How is that practical!?
Posted Image

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Scrooge McSuck,Dec 1 2014
09:03 AM
The trailer has me pumped up, but I do have one complaint... the awkward sith lightsaber with blades coming from the crossbar. Really? How is that practical!?

Thought about that, too. My only guess is that it's like a hand guard on a traditional sword: it's protection for the hand. Considering Guys with LightSabers in Star Wars have a good track record of getting their hands sliced off, it's actually kinda' wise.

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
For no real reason, a semi-rare Marvel pin-up from the early 80's of the most overrated character in the franchise:

Posted Image

He has some of the colorings of his "Star Wars Holiday Special" appearance. Since it's an early rendering, some uber-fans get excited over this and think that Boba Fett was intended to be a good guy, since he's standing over a dead stromtrooper. Or, you can guess that he's on the stromtrooper's side and firing back at whoever shot the trooper-- which makes more sense.

Marvel's weird tagline about "Boba Fett defends his prize" is kinda' confusing, too.

When Boba Fett first came out as a mail-in figure, there was very little to tell us about him. As kids, we thought he might be a good guy, or even a "tweener". I held to that until I got a bath towel of "Empire" that showed him standing right new to Darth Vader. Got it well before I ever saw the movie. Darn bath towel spoiler.

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
If Boba Fett's the most overrated, then who wins the under? I'll say... the weird looking Kthulu looking things in Jaba's Palace. :P
Posted Image

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
The think the Cthulu things had some "Expanded Universe" backstory BS-- about how they were the sworn enemies of Admiral Ackbar's people.

Going strictly from the movies, I'd say "Plo Kloon"-- the Jedi with the weird head and gas mask from the prequels. Had "Boba Fett/Wolverine Syndrome"; background guy who simply LOOKED COOL. But I started watching the animated "Clone Wars" this week and he's kind of a redundant and worthless character, there. Is that entire series officially considered In Canon?

So I'd say "Slimy Lipped Guy Who Was Lando's Co-Pilot in Return of the Jedi". I'm sure I could look up his name, but he always fascinated me as a kid. Some completely unknown guy who's filling in for Chewbacca and flying the Millennium Frickin' Falcon on its biggest mission, with no on-screen explanation?! Made sense for Lando to fly the Falcon, though. Always thought that was cool.

Speaking of Lando--- why the HELL isn't Billy Dee Williams involved in "Episode VII"?! I liked how he kinda' joined the Main Cast, "Post-Empire".

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · TV and Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply