Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Impact Wrestling TV & PPV thread
Topic Started: Jan 14 2013, 06:57 PM (10,623 Views)
The Swigg Lebowski
Member Avatar
Current Two Time DWB Champion
[ *  *  * ]
It's 2013. There is an army of bikers wearing masks, Jeff Hardy is the champ, and Austin Aries is a main eventer. Talk away...
Scrooge McSuck

I'm too hefty for my slacks. The zippers off it's tracks. I've stretched it to the maa-a-a-a-x.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Bully Ray won the TNA world title last night. And revealed himself to be in Aces and Eights. It was the swerve that was so shocking, I saw it coming despite not having watched TNA since the fall.

The Swigg Lebowski
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I had hope for Aces and Eights when they started. I thought to myself, this could be a great way to bring in around 5 guys who haven't been established and make them look like real threats. I thought to myself that it would be a great idea for guys like Mike Knox, Luke Gallows, Cliff Compton, and so forth to look like instant legitimate threats. Instead, Devon, D'Lo and Garrett Bischoff are bikers, and Taz is a sympathizer. What a wasted opportunity. I don't mind Bubba being the President, I just don't think the group looks like a legit biker gang.
Also, why not play up the fact that Bubba likes motorcycles before now? Am I to just accept at face value that these guys not only like Motorcycles, but that they just randomly formed a biker gang? It reminds me of sitcoms in the 90's where every motorcycle gang had a guy with a mohawk, an asian guy with nunchuks, and a fat bald guy, and Sasha Mitchell kicked their butt to save his cousin and his cousin's stepsister.
Scrooge McSuck

I'm too hefty for my slacks. The zippers off it's tracks. I've stretched it to the maa-a-a-a-x.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah, I was excited about this storyline at first too. Some of you might recall, i was really into TNA last summer, and this angle ended up killing my interest in the promotion heading into the fall. I gave up around the time Austin Aries was torturing that captive Aces stooge.

I know we on the internets spend a lot of time complaining that wrestling companies give up on storylines too soon and don't let angles play out the way they were intended to, but this mess has dragged on for months and it seems like they're making it up as they go along and the choices of stable members are mind-boggling. Devon as the big reveal at Bound For Glory? D'Lo Brown and Tazz heel turns? I read the Impact results even when I'm not watching and it seems like these fools never win any significant matches, including the big Lethal Lockdown. I can't wrap my mind around why this is continuing.

I'll probably still go to Slammiversary though. I'm a hypocrite.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Apparently, from here on out, all X-division title matches will be triple threats. Are we sure Vince Russo is gone? Sheesh.

I can't even think of more than 3 active x-division stars on the roster. Kenny King, Zema Ion, Christian York and ...?

The Swigg Lebowski
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I really don't like the Triple Threat rules. Triple Threats are not the most exciting matches. Also, it ruins the whole "No Limits" idea of the X Division, and reduces it to a gimmick. They should just call it the "Triple Threat Title" and be done with the X Division.
Scrooge McSuck

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
ho ho who the hell are you?
[ *  *  * ]
TNA pulled in 10,000 people for that Lockdown PPV.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Speculation on the PWTorch livecast was that was 8,000 paid, 2,000 papered. Still, that's a damn good crowd by TNA standards. Remember a few years ago when they took Bound for Glory to L.A. and only sold about 900 tickets before they got desperate papering the building?

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
ho ho who the hell are you?
[ *  *  * ]
Even if they papered 2000, that's still a huge number. WCW couldn't even paper 3000 people into the arenas by the end.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Watched Impact tonight. I didn't think it was all that bad until the final two segments, which were the drawn out Magnus championship coronation. I'm convinced they need to never let Magnus talk again, as he cut a promo right out of Wrestling Bad Guy 101. "I didn't turn my back on the fans, they turned their backs on me!" Why even talk if THAT'S the best you can do?

AJ Styles came back, looking somewhat homeless, and they blatantly ripped off Punk/Cena from 2011 by both holding up their TNA belts. I skipped through most of this after a certain point, because no one involved (Dixie, Magnus, AJ, ECIII, Rockstar Spud) can seem to cut a decent promo.

Oh, and I'm supposed to pop for Gunner attacking Magnus, just an hour removed from being asked to boo him against James Storm? Oh, and James Storms is sooooo mad that a former partner, Gunner, betrayed him, that he asks to team up with Bobby Roode, who just so happens to be the second most recent tag partner to betray him? How does this stuff get out of the creative meetings? I thought Dave Lagana was smarter than this.

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
So... is A.J. working a couple of dates just to tie-up loose ends, or has he been working the net? With all of his upcoming Indy appearances, it's hard to tell. Maybe it's just incompetent TNA tucking their tail between it's legs again. Who knows.
Posted Image

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
My hunch is tonight's episode was taped well over a month ago and his last appearance is yet to air. I believe AJ is truly gone from TNA now, but he'll probably resign after getting a chance to see how he can do on his own.

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
Damn, how far in advance did they tape? Seems like forever ago Styles left with the belt and they did this stupid tournament and the Dixie Wheel and blah blah blah...
Posted Image

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Did a little research and S P O I L E R A L E R T

AJ worked the 12/5 tapings and lost to Magnus in a unification match. Tonight's Impact is about a month old.

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
Balls... and seriously, they taped a match of this much "importance" more than a month in advance?!
Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · TNA Wrestling · Next Topic »
Add Reply