Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Death of the U.S. Indy scene
Topic Started: Aug 15 2013, 06:48 PM (3,417 Views)
SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Just got back from Wrestling is Art. I must say, Drew Gulak is one of the nicest wrestlers I've ever met and I almost felt bad for my CZW comment, seeing as he's their champion and all.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Swigg Lebowski
Member Avatar
Current Two Time DWB Champion
[ *  *  * ]
I think part of the issue is that there isn't one company dominating, or a handful of stars that people are excited to see. I just went to PWX in NC to see Chris Hero, and it wasn't bad. Chris Hero, Rich Swann, Jake Manning and Caleb Konley were some of the names I recognized.
I do think there are several issues at fault for the lack of interest in the indy scene. When there is talent, they all wrestle the same ROH-influenced style. There is also the issue of "smart" fans. There is nothing more irritating than fans trying to make themselves the stars. I pay money to watch the wrestlers, not listen to the fat lady behind me explain that WWE taught Chris Hero to wrestle. (no joke, that was said Friday) Also, I sense that promoters think that names + good wrestling=a good show. I hate to say it, but wrestling talent is only part of the package. Even ROH in its heyday had characters. Punk, Joe, Homicide, Jack Evans, Jimmy Jacobs, etc. They weren't just "good wrestlers," they were also definable characters who encouraged reaction from the fans. When I watch ROH, I don't care because there aren't any reasons to care about someone.
Scrooge McSuck

I'm too hefty for my slacks. The zippers off it's tracks. I've stretched it to the maa-a-a-a-x.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Indy and International Wrestling · Next Topic »
Add Reply