Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Marvel's new Netflix projects
Topic Started: Feb 28 2014, 09:21 AM (4,195 Views)
Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
And, to very little surprise, "Defenders" also kinda' stunk.

Too much cheesy dialogue ("don't give in to fear") and way too much talking. The final two episodes heavily featured the cast waiting around in the police precinct, talking about how urgent it was that they face the bad guys. We've been ramping up to this big conflict and we want to see the final fight! Instead, it's lots of waiting. I almost feel like that was the intent of the writers/directors/etc to convey frustration to the audience.

I got into it around episodes 4-6, though. Stick (Scott Glenn) continued to steal the scene from others. Had a Comic Nerd Mark-Moment, too: Iron Fist enters the executive board room of the Hand, then the Luke Cage cavalry arrives! Great teamwork, as Iron Fist hid behind Cage's bulletproof body. I said: "Power Man and Iron Fist! Ho, I love it!"

Aside from that, it was 8 hours of the usual shlop. Really a shame that these things have tanked. We've now had SIX different serials and I can't say that I recommend any of them. "Punisher" is up next and I wouldn't be a Comic Book Nerd if I didn't think: "hey, that looks neat. Might give it a shot". That's the curse of the Comic Book Nerd-- you can't give it up and keep getting strung along in hopes of something nifty eventually happening.
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JimBob Skeeter
Member Avatar
DWB Champ
[ *  *  * ]
I have watched Dareveil 1 & 2, but nothing else. Haven't heard much good about Luke Cage, but my stepson was watched Iron Fist, and really like it. I just don't really have the time or heart to start diving into Jessica Jones/LC/IF, and don't want to watch The Defenders without seeing them first. How about The Punisher? I HAVE heard some really good things about that.

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
I have steered completely clear of both Iron Fist and Punisher.

Oh, and it's total fanboy wishing if there's even one word regarding these Netflix shows in "Avengers: Infinity War". Just like Agents of SHIELD--- the connection only goes one way. TV references the movies, but it's not the other way around. I'd be fine with Dr. Strange making an off-hand comment about The Hand or something, but it's not going to happen.

Watched the first two episodes of CW's "Black Lightning", though. All I can really say about it is: "it's better than the other CW superhero crap I've tried". I appreciate that, for once, there's a lead superhero who's older than me! Even if he doesn't have a neck; which can be distracting.
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.

« Previous Topic · Comic Books · Next Topic »
Add Reply