Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
game Of Thrones; The best TV Series EVER
Topic Started: Mar 24 2014, 05:54 AM (1,562 Views)
lucaskieren
Member Avatar
The night is dark and full of spoilers
[ *  *  * ]
Do any of you guys here on Da'Board watch Game Of Thrones?
If you do who do you like and dislike?
www.lkwrestlingreviews.co.uk
Your Home for News,Reviews and Rumors from the greatest sport in the world Pro Wrestling!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Last Free Voice
I'm not around much anymore...
[ *  *  * ]
Best show on TV right now (though I haven't seen True Detective yet). Fixes all of the books horrendous pacing problems, and really hones in on what's good in the universe. Can't wait for season four.
yeah, i'm alive.

lucaskieren
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Me to, just rewatched season 3 as the DVD has only been out few weeks in the UK and the good thing about season 4 is that we only have to wait 16 hours after it airs in the US which is extremely rare. I agree about the pace and i don't know about how it relates to the books as I haven't read them all. I have book 1 an 2 but only read ten pages then forget about it.
Your Home for News,Reviews and Rumors from the greatest sport in the world Pro Wrestling!

The Last Free Voice
I'm not around much anymore...
[ *  *  * ]
I read them all. Book one is the best, mostly because it's the best laid out and paced. After that Martin just got way too divergent, going full on Tolkien at times. The show really focuses in on what matters. You really won't miss much but the whole zillion years of history and characters that don't really matter if you don't read the books.
yeah, i'm alive.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Agreed completely with LFV in terms of the books' pacing. I also don't remember a whole lot of what actually happened in the fourth or fifth books, they were pretty meandering.

Love the show, especially seasons 1 and 3.

lucaskieren
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
SamoaRowe,Mar 24 2014
12:30 PM
Agreed completely with LFV in terms of the books' pacing. I also don't remember a whole lot of what actually happened in the fourth or fifth books, they were pretty meandering.

Love the show, especially seasons 1 and 3.

I agree season 2 was quiet poor apart from the big battle at the end.

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]

Hodor
<!---Hit Paydirt with K-Dirt--->
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.

The Swigg Lebowski
Member Avatar
Current Two Time DWB Champion
[ *  *  * ]
Dude, that Hodor scene tore me up.
Scrooge McSuck

I'm too hefty for my slacks. The zippers off it's tracks. I've stretched it to the maa-a-a-a-x.

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
One thing I'm unclear on and haven't found an answer to: is the end of this season also the end of the SERIES?

Have friends who read the books and they've been saying that this season is the end of the entire series. I have seen no confirmation of that, so I'm totally confused. I don't know if they're thinking this because the series has progressed past the books, or what.

With only 3 episodes left, I don't see how they tie up everything without making it suck (or "suck even more" if you're a hardcore fan, who all apparently hate this season). If it IS the end of the series, then....uh-oh...I'm suddenly getting a "Series Finale of LOST" vibe.

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
A wrestling recapper's report of Snow/Bolton from the main event of the Battle of the Bastards PPV.

----------------------------------------------------
Daenarys & Dragons vs Slavers was the curtain jerker?!!? Nice run-in from the Dothraki and Second Sons, though. Looks like the Sons of the Harpy stable has been dissolved.

Main event recap:
Earlier in the show, they cut an in-ring promo. Snow channeled Perry Saturn in August 1998: gave the Karstark underlings and other members of Ramsay's Flock a chance to do a babyface turn, but they scoffed at it.

Ramsay comes out, before the bell, with Rickon as his valet. Rickon gets jobbed away cleanly and is removed from the roster. Snow is pissed and attacks as the bell rings. We get a full-on 6,000 vs 2,562 (can't forget those 62 from the Bear Islands) Grand Finale WARGAMES Match of Survival. Snow apparently lost the coin-flip and is the #1 person in the ring.

Wun Wun (the Giant) draws #2 and Big Red the Wildling (whatever the hell his name is) sneaks in as well. Karstark draws #2 for the heels and gets a quick face-off with Snow and Big Red. . Countless face and heel jobbers draw the next several thousand. Ser Davos comes in at roughly #1,509.

Ramsay has the last number for his team, but doesn't enter and get his entire stable to surround the ring and do a mass beat-down. The heels look to go over until the Riders of Rohan, errrr... Knights of the Vail run-in for the surprise save.

Is boils down to Wun Wun, Big Red and Jon Snow vs Ramsay... but Ramsay runs backstage. The faces follow, as Wun Wun tears apart the set. Ramsay gets in a cheap shot and takes out Wun Wun. Snow counters Ramsay's offense, then beats Ramsay with closed fists. The referees all step aside and let it happen, since this is the MATCH BEYOND; no DQ and closed fists are perfectly legal.

Ramsay does a hellacious stretcher and blade job. Things appear to end... but wait, we get a BONUS match. As part of the stipulations for the match, Sansa Stark gets five minutes alone in the ring with Ramsay! Yet Sansa mixes it up and declares it a Kennel-in-a-Cell cage match! Ramsay runs some smack, but does a clean job and is on this way out of the promotion.

Fans go bananas (tm, Gorilla Monsoon) as the credits roll. Sometimes it's nice to see the faces go over, cleanly. Great way to end this feud. Now, Jon Snow can be elevated to the Main Event scene and mix it up with Jaime, Daernys, Tyrion and the rest. Hopefully before they pull the trigger on the Army of the Dead InVasion angle.

*****1/2.
Winner and NEWWWWWWW Northern States Heritage Champion: Jon Snow.

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Tommen took "King's Landing" too literally.

So, the show's sailing ahead (hey-oh) for a seventh season, apparently. From sometime about halfway through season 3, when the whole "Army of the Dead" began to be played up, I figured it would eventually boil down to Jon Snow & Friends, Danerys, Dragons & Friends, the Hound, Bree Ann, Tyrion & Bron vs the Dead for the Brawl to End it All. With Bran Stark doing some Amazing Mystical Shit to help turn the tide. I'd say the Lanister side gets dissolved/killed, then Jaime does a full-on face turn, once he realizes the Dead are real.

Now we've got most of the team lined up. I'm guessing Team Snow would be at odds with Team Danerys, initially, but they'll be buddies before long. It's no small accident that the dragon-glass can kill White Walkers... so Danerys' dragons HAVE to face-off with the Army of the Dead at some point.

Excited for next Spring. "Happy Shitting"!

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Seeing as the season finale is this weekend, thought I'd poke this thread with a stick and see if it has any life in it.

-Pretty cool that the team I predicted has come together and is rallying against the Dead.

-Forgot about Gendry. Kinda' marked out when he returned and caved in the heads of two guards. Ser Davos kinda' looked at him and sorta' said: "hey, welcome to the team".

-Expected one Dragon to die, somehow. After all, why have three if you can't make an enemy seem threatening by killing one? However, I did NOT expect the Night King to dredge up the dead dragon and turn it! After seeing how easily (?) the Dragons took out the Lannister war party, seeing one dragon do a heel turn is scary.

-At least the good guys have discovered that if you kill a White Walker, all of its surrounding wights (dead flunkies) are instantly killed as well. So, as Beric mentioned, they've already got their strategy: go for the White Walkers. I didn't realize until Season 5 or so that "White Walkers" are different from "the dead" (wights).

-Also loved that the Hound and Tormund seem to be becoming buddies, or at least bonding. "You mean Brieanne of f*ckin' Tarth?" cracked me up. Hound saved Tormund during the frozen lake battle, too.

-Like how they've slimmed down the cast quite a bit; killing off the Tyrells and Martells. With the way seemingly background characters have become essential to the overall story, it was confusing to have to pay attention to all the Tyrell and Martell characters. Ditto for Stanis' bunch, who got wiped out awhile back.

-Benjen Stark seems to have been killed off, as well. Sure, we might see him as a full-fledged wight at some point. But for the most part, his character's probably done.

-I'm wondering if the whole "Lord of Light" subplot is somehow tied to the way the White Walkers resurrect the dead? Beric's come back (6 times), Jon Snow has come back.... so maybe there's some connection that it's the same force, yet the "Lord of Light followers" filter it, differently. Or use a lighter version of it. Supposedly, Beric has lost some of his memories and humanity each time he has come back. No word of any effects on Jon Snow, though.

-Ghost is still alive, right? RIGHT?!

« Previous Topic · TV and Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply