Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Avengers: Age of Ultron; Pics n' stuff
Topic Started: Mar 25 2014, 08:59 AM (2,475 Views)
Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
Avengers: Age of Ultron Set Photos

See Hawkeye and the Scarlet Witch stand in rubble! See Quicksilver model Under Armour's new spring line!
<!---Hit Paydirt with K-Dirt--->
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Official teaser/synopsis/promo/WORDS from Disney on the flick:

Quote:

Walt Disney Pictures has released the official synopsis for Avengers: Age of Ultron, next year's follow-up to The Avengers. The film opens on May 1, 2015.

Something to note in the following synopsis: while most characters are associated with their superhero names, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver go by their birth names. Outside the films, both characters are stuck between the licensing rights of Disney and Fox, the latter of which currently has the film rights to X-Men. In the X-Men mythos, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are both mutants, the children of Magneto and two of the early Avengers recruits, which explains how the characters appear in both movies, but are played by different actors.

Of course, director Joss Whedon has used the characters' superhero names in press tours, so there's no need to fret, true believers. Hm, that's a Stan Lee phrase. Is that owned by Disney or Fox?

Extra weird twist: Elizabeth Olsen and  Aaron Taylor-Johnson, who play the siblings in Age of Ultron, played the married couple at the center of this year's Godzilla.

Here's the full synopsis:

Marvel Studios presents "Avengers: Age of Ultron," the epic follow-up to the biggest Super Hero movie of all time. When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry and Earth's Mightiest Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye, are put to the ultimate test as the fate of the planet hangs in the balance. As the villainous Ultron emerges, it is up to The Avengers to stop him from enacting his terrible plans, and soon uneasy alliances and unexpected action pave the way for an epic and unique global adventure.

Marvel's "Avengers: Age of Ultron" stars Robert Downey Jr., who returns as Iron Man, along with Chris Evans as Captain America, Chris Hemsworth as Thor and Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk. Together with Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow and Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, and with the additional support of Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury and Cobie Smulders as Agent Maria Hill, the team must reassemble to defeat James Spader as Ultron, a terrifying technological villain hell bent on human extinction. Along the way, they confront two mysterious and powerful newcomers, Wanda Maximoff, played by Elizabeth Olsen, and Pietro Maximoff, played by Aaron Taylor-Johnson, and meet an old friend in a new form when Paul Bettany becomes Vision.

ViaComingSoon.net

First time I've officially seen (the) Vision as a character. Makes sense, given the character's original 60's connection to Ultron.

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Cuz' it just wouldn't be a summer movie if you didn't release the trailer about 7 months in advance!

[doHTML]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tmeOjFno6Do" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/doHTML]

Helps retail stores to move all that 2012 Avengers stuff, if nothing else.

I didn't spot the Vision, but there's plenty of James Spader-as-Ultron.

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
ho ho who the hell are you?
[ *  *  * ]
Hulkbuster Armor!

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Official third trailer for the flick.

[doHTML]<iframe id='ifplayer' name='ifplayer' frameborder='0' marginwidth='0' marginheight='0' width='620' height='349' scrolling='no' src='http://www.fandango.com/fplayer/player.aspx?mid=157897&mpxId=2657066934&dm=3&genre=Action/Adventure,Sci-Fi/Fantasy&rt=&title=AvengersAgeofUltronTrailer3&w=620&h=349&emb=user' style='border: 0px none; visibility: visible' ></iframe>[/doHTML]

Well, there ya' go.

If I had to whip up a quick plot outline: Ultron comes online, blows stuff up, Avengers fight him. He comes back with more robots along with the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. Avengers fight 'em, again. Hulk Goes Bananas. Good guys win the decisive battle with help from Witch and Quicksilver and some sort of "sacrifice". EMOTIONAL FALLOUT results.

Again, make 27 more of these and I'll pay to see every single one.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Anyone else see this yet? I thought they tried to cram 5 hours worth of stories and character development into 2.5 hours, and nothing in the movie got a chance to breath. That was sort of the case with the first Avengers movie too, and it sort of kinds with the territory of having an ensemble film, but it hurt this movie more.

I felt bad for Quicksilver in this movie, as he couldn't hold a candle to the X-Men: Days of Future Past version of the character. I got the impression that Whedon and company realized they weren't going to be able to match that one and threw in the towel. Pietro gets a couple of cute moments, but most of his spots are the typical fast guy sort of action you can see on The Flash.

I didn't think too many of the one-liners in this movie clicked. I groaned at several of the jokes. Captain America telling Iron Man to watch his language was funny, but they kept referring back to it until the joke was no longer amusing.

I was expecting Ultron to be way scarier and destructive than he ended up being. The third act with the levitating city was cool. Watching the Avengers square off with an army of Ultron clones seemed like a less clever, interesting retread of Iron Man vs. his assortment of suits in Iron Man 3.

I don't get the accusations of sexism regarding Black Widow. We're supposed to be offended because she's sad about having been sterilized during her training and therefore she's basing her self-worth on being able to have children? Why can't she feel bad about not being able to have children, especially when the subject was brought up because Bruce Banner was lamenting the fact that HE couldn't have children either (due to Hulk powers).

The Hulk vs. Hulk Buster Iron Man suit was a jolly good time.

Enjoyed Elizabeth Olsen as the Scarlet Witch, especially her coming out party as an Avenger.

Vision was the unexpectedly most awesome part of the movie.

I'd give this one a B. I enjoyed a lot of, gave me plenty to think and talk about.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Edit. Wrong thread, bleh.

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Not saying I'm a clairvoyant genius or anything, but I think my plot prediction from March 6 was pretty-darn-accurate.

I'm guessing since it's been out for over a week, now, I can mention some of the spoiler stuff that I liked.

You're right, Ultron was a little neutered, now that I think about it. "Holy crap! all of Iron Man's tech is coming back to haunt him! The Avengers are screwed! This guy can be anywhere at anytime" Nope... he just runs off to Europe and builds something.

Wakanda! Frickin' Klaw, errr, Klaue! And he lost his arm! I thought the spelling of "Klaue" was their cute movie-only way to present that name. But nope; here's something I only found out today; Klaw's daddy actually had his name spelled that way. The evil Colonel Klaue who fought Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos!

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/klauecolonel.htm

SHIELD shows up at the end and I actually cheered, aloud, when they let War Machine into the fray. Glad to see that he wasn't forgotten. I expected Falcon to fly out, too, but they made up for it by bringing him back at the end.

When SHIELD arrived, with a new helicarrier, Nick Fury and NO AGENT COULSON, I smiled because it completely killed any relevance "Agents of SHIELD", might've had. But, but... I thought a big plot there was that Coulson was now the director? So why doesn't the director of SHIELD show up in their biggest and most important fight? Oh, and the fact they have a frickin' helicarrier and Fury's back in the driver's seat-- wouldn't that have been something you could've shown on your craptastic show?!

I was okay with what happened to Quicksilver. I thought: "yeah, not much more they could've done with him, anyways". It also frees up the Witch for some Vision Lovin' in the future. Of course, if Quicksilver shows up, alive and well, in a future episode of "Agents of SHIELD" and isn't mentioned in any ensuing Marvel movies...well, I'll hate "Agents" even more! There is no limit nor depth to my hate for that show!!!

« Previous Topic · TV and Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply