Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spike TV does not renew TNA's contract; expires in October
Topic Started: Jul 27 2014, 10:34 PM (10,391 Views)
torturedsoulv1
true maharajah Jinder Mahal
[ *  *  * ]
Spike TV has decided not to renew TNA's contract

It expires in October

TNA has been better recently. While I am shocked by this, guess I shouldn't be

Wonder where they go next
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
Will anyone step up and offer a decent timeslot to wrestling? Even WWE has a hard time with WGN (Superstars, 2009-2011) and ion (Main Event; 2012-14) recently by offering big promises, only to fail due to a lack of interest in making a must-see product and thus suffering in ratings. WWE's own short-comings might very well be the nail in the coffin for TNA.
Posted Image

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
MTV will step in and make it "TNA: Sunday Night Lukewarm!" It would at least be as successful as Wrestling Society X, right?

A TV deal would be easiest, but if they still have the "TNA Vault" service, there might be some salvation with creating their own streaming app. An effective app would incur a LOT of development costs, up-front, and I don't think TNA could fork that over immediately.
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
ho ho who the hell are you?
[ *  *  * ]
The belief is that this happened because Vince Russo was secretly working for TNA and Spike TV found out about it.

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
I don't understand the god damn appeal of secretly keeping Vince fucking Russo employed when the network that has control of your faith tells you "we don't want him associated with your product any more."
Posted Image

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Mad Dog,Jul 28 2014
03:50 PM
The belief is that this happened because Vince Russo was secretly working for TNA and Spike TV found out about it.

Are you serious or making a joke? The Spike TV part I mean. I heard about Russo secretly working for them.

If Spike did not want Russo working for them, why the fuck would they keep him?

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Seems now that both Dixie Carter and Viacom (they own Spike TV) have said they are still in negotiations. So it's not a done deal that they have to look for a new outlet.

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
TNN and Paul Heyman said the same in 2000, but optimistically, I'd rather TNA stay around just so there's at least another option for people to work, if I find the product and management behind it directionless.
Posted Image

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
TNA making long-needed improvements this summer was their last-ditch effort to stay alive, but it's all too little, too late. TNA is a dead brand and they deserve to go out of business. With any luck, Jarrett's new group (or hopefully something better) comes along and fills whatever void TNA leaves behind.

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
ho ho who the hell are you?
[ *  *  * ]
torturedsoulv1,Jul 29 2014
12:57 AM
Mad Dog,Jul 28 2014
03:50 PM

Are you serious or making a joke? The Spike TV part I mean. I heard about Russo secretly working for them.

If Spike did not want Russo working for them, why the fuck would they keep him?

Meltzer said it might be the reason they get cancelled but it is a factor.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
If TNA goes out of business because they secretly had Vince Russo on the payroll, that would be the greatest thing ever.

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
I'll be at the Aug 6 Hammerstein ballroom Impact taping
Wonder how the mood will be if they definitely lost the contract.

I was at one of the shows last month, it was a great show

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah, so far I've only seen the first episode taped from NYC, but it was the most I've enjoyed Impact in ages. It's frustrating to see what they're capable of but more often than not they choose to screw around.

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
wolves vs Team 3D vs Hardys is on the show I am going to
Last time I saw Hardys vs Wolves and it was a great match

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
PWTorch is reporting that Spike and TNA agreed to a contract extension that keeps Impact on the air through the remainder of 2014.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · TNA Wrestling · Next Topic »
Add Reply