Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Robin Williams - RIP; Found dead, apparent suicide.
Topic Started: Aug 11 2014, 04:51 PM (10,651 Views)
SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/11/r..._n_5670050.html

Copy and pasted from Facebook:
Robin Williams was the first actor/famous person I could recognize as a child. I knew he was the voice of the Genie and that he was Mrs. Doubtfire, Peter Pan, and a number of other characters. He was a huge part of my childhood in that sense. I'll remember him most fondly as Sean Maguire in Good Will Hunting. RIP, thanks for the memories.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
SamoaRowe,Aug 11 2014
04:51 PM
Robin Williams was the first actor/famous person I could recognize as a child. I knew he was the voice of the Genie and that he was Mrs. Doubtfire, Peter Pan, and a number of other characters. He was a huge part of my childhood in that sense. I'll remember him most fondly as Sean Maguire in Good Will Hunting. RIP, thanks for the memories.

See, he was also one of the first actors I recognized my childhood as "Mork from Ork"... then sometime around age 7 when my dad brought home his "Reality: What a Concept" concert album. One of the first "adult" comedy albums I can remember.

My favorite bit, even from when I was a kid:
"A New York Echo:

Hello!! hello....

SHUT THE FUCK UP!""

I vividly remember people wearing "Mork suspenders" for awhile. We need to re-iterate that: he made rainbow suspenders popular.

Heck, I can remember when his career was considered on the downward, until he had a "comeback" with "Good Morning, Vietnam".

When he was just playing "Robin Williams", he was amusing and a ball of energy. I'd get annoyed when he tried to do his voices or impressions (like in that recent Snickers commercial). They weren't very good, but he did them with such energy that nobody seemed to really mind.
<!---Hit Paydirt with K-Dirt--->
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
I've been watching Robin Williams movies since as long as I can remember. Popeye was my first, and probably my favorite, Robin Williams movie, but along the way there's The Birdcage, Mrs. Doubtfire, Jumani, Aladdin, Dead Poet Society, Insomina, and other movies I'm sure I stumbled over just naming movies that left a lasting impression or that I enjoyed for his performance.

The last movie I watched featuring him was 48 hours ago: Death to Smoochy. It's an AWFUL movie (as in so bad it's still watchable), but his performance is still amazing and almost makes you think it's actually really good.
Posted Image

lucaskieren
Member Avatar
The night is dark and full of spoilers
[ *  *  * ]
Robin Williams was one of my childhood favorite actors because of his role in Jumanji and bicentennial man and was so shocked when i heard about his suicide and i don't even think it has properly sunk in that the man isn't alive anymore, especially due to the circumstances of his dead
www.lkwrestlingreviews.co.uk
Your Home for News,Reviews and Rumors from the greatest sport in the world Pro Wrestling!

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · TV and Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply