Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
My WrestleMania 31 Card; Trying to book around a mutiny....
Topic Started: Feb 17 2015, 08:33 PM (1,590 Views)
Infinite Devil Machine
Member Avatar
A Very Cunning Linguist
[ *  *  * ]
So, I think its probably fair to say that a lot of WWE fans are fairly unhappy with the build toward Wrestlemania 31 this year. Roman Reigns being forced down everyone's throats, Daniel Bryan seemingly being wasted without any major announced match, John Cena probably being the first guy to knock off Rusev and end his undefeated streak - despite gaining nothing from it, and part-timers like Sting, Triple H, and a rickety, broken down Undertaker filling out the card in important positions while taking important spots away from guys like Dean Ambrose, Bad News Barrett, Luke Harper, and others.

And I'm here to try to fix that.

I won't be wildly changing the card, so for anybody who wants something absolutely batshit like Dolph Ziggler vs. Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens vs. Brock Lesnar for the WWE Title in the main event - you can keep those crazy ideas in your crazy head. This is going to be as realistic as possible, while shifting enough pieces around the board to make for a better overall show.

Here we go.

Main Event - WWE Championship - Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins

- Kind of a spoiler for a match that takes place earlier in the show. Rollins announces, before the end of the introductions for the main event, that he's cashing in Money In The Bank. No matter who wins, be it "Vince's guy" Roman Reign or letting the rare heel victory happen in a 'Mania main event, Rollins' inclusion will make for an altogether better match. Brock is a beast, Rollins is a weasel, and Reigns is the stoic humorless spearing machine. Book it with The Authority getting involved, J&J get wiped out, Heyman gets curbstomped, Big Show gets speared through the barricade, Kane gets F5ed through the announcers table. Reigns and Rollins team up, trying to put Lesnar through the announce desk with an elbow drop, only for Lesnar to move this time. Kick out of finishers. Triple H Pedigrees Reigns who kicks out. Lesnar F5's Triple H. Chaos all over.

Ultimately, I'd have Reigns win. Lesnar F5's Rollins after having his running lights dimmed with the Money In The Bank briefcase. Lesnar stops to taunt, only to get torn in half with a spear for the loss.

Reigns wins the title, Rollins has a legitimate issue, able to say that he's never been beaten by Reigns one-on-one, and Lesnar can go on hiatus until his next stint back to work with Reigns.

Sting vs. Triple H - No Holds Barred Street Fight

- Yep, we're keeping this one too. Because its the WWE, and WWE loves its own self-masturbatory "Wrestlemania Moments" and, of course, Sting debuting at Wrestlemania for his first ever official WWE match would be one of the biggest ever. Sure, the match might stink, but making it a street fight would cover the weaknesses of both guys. And hey - they could build it with Triple H's sledgehammer vs. Sting's iconic baseball bat. Anyway, another typical "epic" Wrestlemania match; lots of big moves, big offense, brawling, interference (I'm picturing Sting dropping J&J Security with a double Scorpion Deathdrop). A big nearfall with Triple H and Sting both nailing each other with their signature weapon and Triple H falling on top with Sting barely rolling his shoulder over at two. Sting wins, catching Triple H with the bat to the gut as Triple H goes for a big overhead hammer shot. Sting executes a Scorpion Deathdrop on a standing chair and locks in the Scorpion Deathlock for the submission win. Sting retires after this. They make his action figure, have him do some talking head pieces for the Network, and he's never seen in a wrestling ring again. He goes out in a big way, with the entire babyface locker room entering to celebrate with him. Big Wrestlemania moment. Just what an icon like Sting deserves.

Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt

- Sure, Undertaker is broken down. Sure, he's old. But hey; he's a staple. This is one of the easier matches to keep from real life. I've booked this whole thing out in another thread. In short, Wyatt and 'Taker wrestle the typical "epic" "Undertaker Wrestlemania match". Big moves, lots of nearfalls, and a load of pre-match pageantry. In the end, Undertaker overcomes Wyatt's mind games and his physical superiority, picking Wyatt up out of his Spider-Walk and dropping him with the Tombstone for the win. Boom. Done. Simple. Its Undertaker. He's the easy mode of Wrestlemania booking.

John Cena vs. Seth Rollins - For The Money In The Bank Briefcase

- Honestly, no real reason, except to set up the triple-threat for later in the show. Cena and Rollins have never really had a bad match and I'd doubt Wrestlemania would be any different. Rollins wins clean after a hell of a 22-minute match. Cena doesn't need to be the guy to knock off Rusev and Rollins winning clean would be a great mini-"Wrestlemania Moment". It also gives Rollins more ammunition post-Wrestlemania to claim he deserves another shot at Roman Reigns having been the guy who beat John Cena clean at Wrestlemania.

U.S. Title - Rusev vs. Daniel Bryan

- This would be one Hell of a match. I've said repeatedly that Cena shouldn't be the guy to knock off Rusev. Daniel Bryan is. Honestly, this should probably happen after Cena/Rollins as D-Bry's reaction would dwarf those of Cena or Rollin's. Another one of those mini-"Wrestlemania Moments". Rusev/Bryan have a killer match; Rusev dominates, Bryan fires back into it, Rusev escapes the Yes Lock, Bryan counters The Accolade into another Yes Lock; eventually Bryan scores the running knee to the face to beat the Russian monster dead in the middle of the ring. No, it isn't the main event. No, its not the most important match on the show. But, the right guy still goes over in a big way.

The Undercard:

Intercontinental Championship - Ryback vs. Luke Harper

- Harper regains the Intercontinental title at some point before the show. Ryback and Harper enter into a feud. These two had a solid, smash mouth match on RAW and this match would be just as good - if not better. Ryback wins in about 12 minutes with The Shellshock for his first major singles title.

Damien Sandow vs. The Miz

- Yep. Still doing this. Its harmless undercard fun, so why not? Sandow wins clean in 9 minutes and officially becomes "his own man".

Stardust vs. Goldust - Special Guest Referee Dusty Rhodes

- This one's been built well enough on WWE TV. Dusty forces himself in as a referee claiming that only he can handle a "feud between his boys". Stardust wins, cheating with a low blow, after Dusty gets poked in the eyes.

Special Tag-Team Attraction- Dean Ambrose and Dolph Ziggler vs. Kane and The Big Show

- Basic filler to get four guys in one match on the big show. Kane and Big Show start picking on Ziggler in the build to Wrestlemania. Ziggler enlists several partners; R-Truth, Sin Cara, Zach Ryder, and Erc Rowan in losing efforts against Kane and Show. Eventually, Ziggler loses a handicap match against Kane and Show, after being tasked with finding a partner, but couldn't in time. Upon being pinned with a double chokeslam the announcers speculate on who could be crazy enough to take on the super team of Show and a Kane with Ziggler; cue Dean Ambrose. Easy enough. Anyway, Ziggler and Ambrose win a solid match, beating the aging giants decisively in about 7 minutes.

34-Man Over The Top Rope Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal 2 - Sin Cara vs. R-Truth vs. Eric Rowan vs. Konnor vs. Viktor vs. Billy Gunn vs. The Road Dogg vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Big E vs. Xavier Woods vs. Rikishi vs. Bo Dallas vs. Jack Swagger vs. Titus 'O Neil vs. Tyson Kidd vs. Cesaro vs. Bad News Barrett vs. Zach Ryder vs. Mark Henry vs. Val Venis vs. Road Warrior Animal vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Adam Rose vs. Fandango vs. The Great Khali vs. Scotty 2 Hotty vs. Grandmaster Sexay vs. Randy Orton vs. Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Nash vs. JBL vs. Ron Simmons vs. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper vs. "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka

- To explain a few of the stranger entrants - Hulk Hogan, who once again hosts the battle royal this year, announces that anyone who wants in is in- not just current WWE superstars. Rikishi is in the Hall Of Fame and decides to enter the match, he introduces Too Cool with him, who dance. Val Venis enters next, with a bevy of WWE Divas around him. The announcers speculate on who could be next when Road Warrior Animal enters. The New Age Outlaws are next. Jerry Lawler gets up from the announce desk, mid-sentence, and enters the ring. JBL enters next, to the APA's music as Ron Simmons joins him from the entrance ramp. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper and Superfly Snuka are next. Finally, Kevin Nash enters to his old Diesel music. The bell rings, but the lights go out; seconds later Randy Orton's music hits as he dashes in from the crowd, being the 34th and final entrant.

- After the excitement its your typical Battle Royal stuff. The chaff and nostalgia acts don't stick around long; The Ascension do a number on Too Cool, eliminating both of them. Piper and Snuka are gone almost immediately. Khali is out early. The Ascension is eliminated by the combined efforts of the Outlaws and the APA, after double-teaming Rikishi out. After that its pretty standard stuff; Sami Zayn, Wade Barrett, Cesaro, Orton, Eric Rowan, and Mark Henry are among the final field. Orton wins, scoring the RKO on Cesaro before throwing him out. Orton's awarded the trophy, before Cesaro grabs it and smashes it to pieces leading to a babyface Orton/ heel Cesaro feud moving forward.

Pre-Show

NXT All-Stars Four Way - Winner Gains A Spot In The Andre Battle Royal - Sami Zayn vs. Adrian Neville vs. Finn Balor vs. Hideo Itami

- Basic showcase match; but it would be awesome. I was tempted to throw this on the main card, but the actual show seems pretty packed already. Give this like 20 minutes and these guys might just steal the whole show. Anyway, Zayn wins with the Helluva kick on Hideo. After the match all four men shake hands.

- And that's it. So yeah; I didn't change much, but what I did change, I think I managed to make a lot better. There's no doubt that utilizing four part-timers on one show is too much, but by adding an element to strengthen what would otherwise be a dud of a main event, I feel the whole show's stronger. You add Cena/Rollins in a killer match, give Daniel Bryan the big rub by beating the undefeated Rusev clean, and keep guys like Ryback, Ambrose, Harper, and the like on the card in some capacity and you have a pretty solid undercard backing a predictable main event scene. Put a couple smark favorites over some aging, boring veterans in a strong fashion and bring back a big superstar in an exciting way and you've got a pretty solid show.

Anyway- how would you do it?
What "World of Warcraft" players see when they're not playing.....

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
I'd keep the NXT guys completely out of the show. They're their own thing...for now.

Overall, not too shabby of a card. I like Harper vs. Ryback and admit that I'd probably be pulling for Ryback. Since the IC title is kind of a wild card, make this a 4-way by adding Ziggler (champ) and Barrett.

The Usos need something to do, so I'd book them to defend the belts against Cesaro/Tyson Kidd. That's either your opener or your pre-show match.

I'm okay with Cena vs. Rusev. But if you need to get it off the card, go with Cena vs. Big Show and Kane. Then Cena retires at the end and starts a t-shirt company. Wishful thinking.

-------------------
Heyyy... there's an incredibly DARK idea for an angle. Have a (faux) "Make-a-Wish" kid have his request be: "I wish John Cena would retire". D'oh.
------------------

Or have Cena vs. Daniel Bryan in some sort of "overdue match of top contenders with mutual respect that hasn't happened yet". That'd be huge and sort of a "co-main event"....so maybe sometime in the next year.

I'd have Ambrose win the Battle Royal. Very few nostalgia acts... but I'm always a mark for those, anyways. It wouldn't be the best use of Ambrose, but about the only way I can get him a significant win. I'd have the final four be Ambrose, the Ascension and Orton. I'd cook up an ending so that an Orton/Ambrose feud comes out of this.

For the main event, I'd go with the booked Reigns vs. Lesnar vs. Bryan. I could see a Double Turn at the end where Reigns, wins, but here comes Rollins with his cash-in. Reigns aligns with The Authority and squashes Rollins (who, let's face it, has been getting over pretty well). Sort of like the ending from 2001, when Austin aligned with McMahon.

I could see how that might upset Reigns' career path a bit, but remember that The Rock shot to his top spot by suddenly aligning with the 1998/1999 version of "The Authority".
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.

Infinite Devil Machine
Member Avatar
A Very Cunning Linguist
[ *  *  * ]
Erick Von Erich,Feb 18 2015
09:20 AM
I'd keep the NXT guys completely out of the show. They're their own thing...for now.

Overall, not too shabby of a card. I like Harper vs. Ryback and admit that I'd probably be pulling for Ryback. Since the IC title is kind of a wild card, make this a 4-way by adding Ziggler (champ) and Barrett.

The Usos need something to do, so I'd book them to defend the belts against Cesaro/Tyson Kidd. That's either your opener or your pre-show match.

I'm okay with Cena vs. Rusev. But if you need to get it off the card, go with Cena vs. Big Show and Kane. Then Cena retires at the end and starts a t-shirt company. Wishful thinking.

-------------------
Heyyy... there's an incredibly DARK idea for an angle. Have a (faux) "Make-a-Wish" kid have his request be: "I wish John Cena would retire". D'oh.
------------------

Or have Cena vs. Daniel Bryan in some sort of "overdue match of top contenders with mutual respect that hasn't happened yet". That'd be huge and sort of a "co-main event"....so maybe sometime in the next year.

I'd have Ambrose win the Battle Royal. Very few nostalgia acts... but I'm always a mark for those, anyways. It wouldn't be the best use of Ambrose, but about the only way I can get him a significant win. I'd have the final four be Ambrose, the Ascension and Orton. I'd cook up an ending so that an Orton/Ambrose feud comes out of this.

For the main event, I'd go with the booked Reigns vs. Lesnar vs. Bryan. I could see a Double Turn at the end where Reigns, wins, but here comes Rollins with his cash-in. Reigns aligns with The Authority and squashes Rollins (who, let's face it, has been getting over pretty well). Sort of like the ending from 2001, when Austin aligned with McMahon.

I could see how that might upset Reigns' career path a bit, but remember that The Rock shot to his top spot by suddenly aligning with the 1998/1999 version of "The Authority".

Not bad. But I sort of like the idea of bringing back Randy Orton to win the battle royal. They need to bring him back, and he has unfinished business with Seth Rollins. Have Rollins come up short in the main event (without being pinned), Orton wins the battle royal, Cesaro smashes the trophy and then we go to Payback with Orton/Cesaro and Rollins/Reigns as the two big matches. Cena can fuck off for a little while - playing the role of a veteran who's "lost it" and have the announcers hype the story as Cena feeling like he "doesn't have it anymore". His confidence is shaken by the big loss to Rollins at Wrestlemania. Eventually, I'd bring him back on the next big "event" Raw, as Daniel Bryan's mystery tag-team partner. They beat some handpicked "Authority Super Team".

Also at Payback, I'd run with Cody Rhodes - who dumps the alien gimmick and The Miz vs. Damien Sandow and Goldust in a continuation of their respective Wrestlemania feuds. In subsequent weeks, Sandow would begin to slip back into his old "Intellectual savior" gimmick, losing interest in serving the people, who he sees as "peons". "I've been a follower, peons. I know pedants and acolytes when I see them. I'm your superior for realizing it." And yeah, I'd reform Rhodes Scholars with Cody Rhodes and Sandow joining back up together. They'd have fantastic matches with The Usos.

Also, with Sheamus coming back, I'd hold that until after Wrestlemania, bring him back as a heel, and set him off after Daniel Bryan. They'll feud until around Payback, maybe after in some capacity.

I'll steal your idea for Wrestlemania and use it at Payback, with Ryback defending the Intercontinental Championship against Bad News Barrett, Dolph Ziggler, and Luke Harper.

So, the Payback card is:

Main Event - WWE Championship - Roman Reigns © vs. Seth Rollins

US Title - Daniel Bryan © vs. Sheamus

Randy Orton vs. Cesaro

Intercontinental Championship- Ryback © vs. Luke Harper vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Bad News Barrett

Goldust and Damien Sandow vs. The Miz and Cody Rhodes

WWE Tag-Team Championship - The Usos © vs. The Ascension

Dean Ambrose vs. Rusev

Pre-Show

Team Authority (Kane and Big Show) vs. The New Day (Big E and Kofi Kingston)

- Obviously Roman Reigns retains, Daniel Bryan wins, Orton wins, Ryback keeps the IC belt, Miz and Cody win the tag match (the story being Sandow gets too involved with playing to the crowd, gets distracted, rolled up and pinned - leading to his eventual heel turn), Usos beat the Ascension and keep their belts, Rusev beats Ambrose to help reestablish Rusev, and on the pre-show Kane and Show continue their "old guys jobbing tour" losing to The New Day when they pin Kane with their finish after Big Show accidentally posts himself on the outside.

- Or, that's how I'd do it.
What "World of Warcraft" players see when they're not playing.....

Posted Image

torturedsoulv1
true maharajah Jinder Mahal
[ *  *  * ]
Lesnar defends against Bryan

HHH vs Sting

Orton vs Rollins

MITB. only wrestlers who have not been a world champ are eligible. Rollins is not eligible as he has MITB already:

Ambrose vs Rusev vs Reigns vs Wyatt vs Ryback vs Barrett

Miz vs Mizdow

Andre the Giant battle royal: 10 men only. Only "big men" are in it
Kane, Big Show, Big E, Swagger, Harper, Rowan, Henry, Sheamus , Titus O'Neil, Undertaker

Cesaro/Kidd vs Usos

Paige vs Nikki Bella

Goldust vs Stardust

Cena vs Ziggler

Taker does not "deserve" his own match, so put him in the battle royal

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · Fantasy Booking · Next Topic »
Add Reply