Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A thousand annoying WWE habits
Topic Started: Nov 25 2015, 11:49 AM (1,313 Views)
SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
37. Road Dogg ruining Smackdown.

38. Talking Smack canceled when it seems to be responsible for a disproportionate amount of the buzz-worthy segments since I stopped watching full-time.

39. These rapid-fire pay-per-views that I turn off after 2 matches.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
40. They can have 20-30 minute talking segments go on for an eternity with no interruption, but they cut to commercial for any match booked to go longer than 9 minutes.

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
41. Every match must include a spot where someone is thrown to the floor and left in a prone position for the commercial break in #40.
Posted Image

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
ho ho who the hell are you?
[ *  *  * ]
42. WWE Universe

43. Championship opportunity.

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
44. Vince to Tom Phillips: "Ushigoroshi? Call it a fucking "fireman's carry", dammit! I don't give a crap what that other nerd called it!"
Posted Image

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
45. Wrestlers trading meaningless victories on TV to "build momentum" for multi-man matches.

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
46. Fluffing title reign lengths by having the champion literally not defend the title*

*-Naomi has been champ since Mania and has only a handful of title defenses, most of them vs. Lana in a 2-week stretch. Every PPV seems to feature a contender's match of some kind that doesn't involve her or if she is involved, it's a tag match.
Posted Image

torturedsoulv1
true maharajah Jinder Mahal
[ *  *  * ]
I agree with 90 percent of these

I cut them slack about the charity stuff. Yes they thumpmtheir chests about it. But the bottom line is they do a lot for make a wish and Susan Komen

Same thing with having heels promote charities. It's for a good cause and Kayfabe is long dead

torturedsoulv1
true maharajah Jinder Mahal
[ *  *  * ]
47) Vince not letting creative do their role. Too many people fear for their jobs and just do whatever Vince wants

48) why do some wrestlers go by one name and why do some have a last name as well

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
torturedsoulv1,Aug 4 2017
11:25 PM

I cut them slack about the charity stuff. Yes they thumpmtheir chests about it. But the bottom line is they do a lot for make a wish and Susan Komen

Same thing with having heels promote charities. It's for a good cause and Kayfabe is long dead

No, seriously, those self-congratulatory video packages have got to go. They seriously get under my skin to the point where I don't want to sit through another one again, which includes staying home from live events. I am so tired of clips of them being all smiley while some "inspirational" pop/rock song plays and they seem to tout their contributions as if they just cured cancer for reals or just made bullies extinct, and aim for "All the Feels". Don't get me wrong, it's nice that they do charitable stuff (though the Susan G. Komen group has a fairly poor reputation, probably better cancer groups they could be working with) but the way they package it on their main shows is really off-putting and gross.

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
49. Cutting costs means ending shows that are produced at minimal cost (Legends with JBL, E&C Show, Talking Smack), while they continue to employ well over 200 wrestlers (across Raw, SD, and NXT/Development), countless non-wrestlers, and a writing staff of well over a dozen people.
Posted Image

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
SamoaRowe,Aug 15 2017
06:21 PM
torturedsoulv1,Aug 4 2017
11:25 PM

I cut them slack about the charity stuff. Yes they thumpmtheir chests about it.  But the bottom line is they do a lot for make a wish and Susan Komen

No, seriously, those self-congratulatory video packages have got to go. They seriously get under my skin to the point where I don't want to sit through another one again, which includes staying home from live events. I am so tired of clips of them being all smiley while some "inspirational" pop/rock song plays and they seem to tout their contributions as if they just cured cancer for reals or just made bullies extinct, and aim for "All the Feels". Don't get me wrong, it's nice that they do charitable stuff (though the Susan G. Komen group has a fairly poor reputation, probably better cancer groups they could be working with) but the way they package it on their main shows is really off-putting and gross.

Yeah, Susan G. Komen has a somewhat shady lineage with their "charity" stuff. I heard something that less than 1% of those pink jersey/shoe/wristband/bat/etc sales actually make it out of the organization and go to breast cancer research.

If you do charity stuff and somebody else reports it, it's fine. What rubs folks the wrong way is that WWE is producing and constantly promoting their charitable actions. These packages could even make you dislike Roberto Clemente.

NFL teams will run articles on their websites about players doing charity work. Or the local news will (can't tell you how many spots I've seen about Von Miller's eyeglass program). Yet when you watch the games on the weekend, those spots are not included (unless maybe as a 15 second commercial bumper).

I'm not heartless, though. One reason I can't officially HATE John Cena is because of all the make-a-wish stuff he does. Going to see sick kids, constantly, and still walking in with a good demeanor. That's impressive.

Completely different, but one annoyance I have is the constant "all of these things, baby, who I am" merchandise commercial on the Network. "Look at Nikki Bella's ASS...now buy some t-shirts!" I've been driven crazy by commercials before, so this complaint could be null and void within three months. Hopefully.
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
Agreed on the commercial. "Buy Nikki Bella stuff because her ass makes her a role model."
Posted Image

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · World Wrestling Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply