Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Star Wars: Rogue One
Topic Started: Apr 7 2016, 10:35 AM (1,039 Views)
Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
Star Wars will not go away! One week after the official video release of "The Force Awakens", we've got a trailer for an entirely new movie, this December. Officially titled: "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story"

[doHTML]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Wji-BZ0oCwg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/doHTML]

Hey, I'll see it. I'm guessing it's set just prior to the original "Star Wars"? If so, then I understand that many Bothans will die.
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
That looks awesome! Those poor Bothans, though, wonder if this adventure will have any survivors.

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
Realized shortly I posted this back in April: many Bothans died stealing the second Death Star plans. So my "joke" made no sense. However, I heard some "expert" on Wall Street Journal news, last week, say that this whole movie was set-up by the line about Bothans dying. So I'm not the only one to screw it up (yet nobody paid me to be an "expert" and call-in about it).

Anyways....

-Read no spoilers or anything, so went in with a clean mind, not expecting much. Doing so increased my enjoyment. If you haven't seen this movie, yet: LOOK AWAY NOW. I'm serious. Half of the fun for me was seeing who and what would pop-up, next.

-LOVED this. It's Star Wars movie about... WAR. Liked it much, MUCH more than "Episode VII". Made me excited and I had an ear-to-ear grin during the last 30 minutes. About pee'd myself when "Red Leader" and "Gold Leader" popped up.

-The final act is essentially "Star Wars Battlefront: The Movie" and it blew me away.

-Sure, I'll see the upcoming Han Solo and Boba Fett spin-off movies, but you know how I want to see have their own movie?! Rogue One's Blind Guy and Blind Guy's Friend with the Big Gun! Those two were awesome.

-NO Jedi BS (directly)... but it didn't need it.

-There are a lot of "Easter Eggs" in this, yet they don't slow the movie down or feeling squeezed in.

-My favorite was hearing two Stormtroopers say that the "T-15's are obsolete". Ties in with "Star Wars" and two other Troopers' lines about "the new T-16's". Whatever the hell the "T-series" was, it was a hit with Stormtroopers (I'm imaging it's their equivalent of a dirt bike).

-The first 30 minutes or so were a little tough to figure out. Too many planets and characters... and, most importantly, you're not sure who's supposed to be the good guys. Cassian Andor shoots and kills an informant. Saw Gerrera (no relation to Juventud. Hey-oh!) and his guys seem more like Jabba the Hutt's gang. The introduction of Jyn was pretty straightforward, though.

-The stitched-together asteroid outpost looked neat, but that whole segment reminded me of "Guardians of the Galaxy" and "Knowhere" too much.

-Compared to the other shit-holes the Empire has (like Mustafar), Scarif looks the best place to be stationed.

-I suppose that Imperial Walkers/AT-AT's had their armor upgraded between this movie and "Empire Strikes Back". One X-wing can blow away an AT-AT?

-One of those things I've always wondered about: how do they load and deploy the Walkers? I'm guessing their legs contract and you've got something similar to those all-terrain vans they use.

-Admiral Raddus. Named so because he's frickin' RAD!!! And I suppose "BADDUS" would've been too much. My third favorite character, behind BG and BG'sFWBG. Had he hollered: "It's a Trap", it would've been too cheesy.

-Did all of Raddus's fleet get destroyed when Vader showed up? I lost track of which ship Vader was boarding.

-The big reveal at the end of an iconic character-- well, it makes it a little riskier (and ballsier) that that character went into battle on this mission.

-Sure, we knew Grand Moff Tarkin was a big meanie in the very first Star Wars, but he's also a complete asshole to his own officers.

-I heard that the digital Tarkin looked terrible. I didn't think so and kept looking for flaws in his shots. Well done, as far as I'm concerned.

-I'm guessing that "Rogue One" ends approximately 30 minutes before the opening of "Star Wars: Episode IV"? I could see some uber-fan no-prizing and saying it took longer for Vader to catch up to them. Either way, the ruse about the Tantive IV being a "diplomatic vessel" could be explained away. "Hey guys, if they pull you over, say you're on a diplomatic mission". Or maybe they all decided that ruse was a last-ditch effort.

-Curious if any Imperials, aside from Krennic, knew about the trojan horse Galen Urso built into the Death Star? Vader told Krennic to keep quite about things, so it's possible nobody really knew.

-Read that there are three references to the "Star Wars Rebels" series. I'm not 100% familiar with those characters, but you supposedly see their R5 unit ("Chopper") and part of their ship (the Ghost) on Yavin IV. You can supposedly hear one of them being paged in the hangar.
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.

« Previous Topic · TV and Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply