Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
WWE TV and Network Talk 2017
Topic Started: Jan 5 2017, 09:26 PM (5,917 Views)
Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
It's announced... all Women Royal Rumble at the... uh... Royal Rumble. This probably sounds a lot cooler on paper, but I'm already hyped for the idea.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
Have they announced a head-count for the Women's Rumble Royale? I'd expect 20, but they could probably do 30 with all the Mae Young participants and some one-time "surprise" entrants.

Now please don't announce a "205 Live" Rumble...
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Sounds like they're going ahead with 30 women and padding the match with the NXT roster.

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
Not having the two Champions in makes sense, but at the same time, weakens the number since they literally have to scrounge to fill 30. Based on the current rosters, we can assume the following....

Raw:
1. Asuka
2. Bayley
3. Sasha Banks
4. Alicia Fox
5. Nia Jax
6. Dana Brooke
7. Paige
8. Mandy Rose
9. Sonya deville
10. Mickie James

Smackdown:
11. Naomi
12. Natalya
13. Carmella
14. Becky Lynch
15. Tamina
16. Lana(maybe)
17. Ruby Riot(t)
18. Sarah Logan(n)
19. Liv(v) Morgan

Leaving 11 spots for potential NXT/Throwback entrants. It can be done, but 20 would be more ideal, cuts down on the fat, and doesn't rely too much on the past.
Posted Image

HeenanandMonsoon
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
You know they'll throw in some throwbacks. Rousey is rumored as well but they should hold off her 1st match until Mania.
Founder of the Humanoid Nation Community on PSN

Posted Image

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
If the prize for the Wimmens Rumble is a championship shot at WrestleMania, then yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Rhonda Rousey showed up.

Not that it matters, but I finished "Clash of Champions", last night. I did the entire thing with the German audio. It's kinda' funny, because they actually calls moves in English. So to an un-educated dolt like me, it sounds like "ein schpien dine SINGLE-LEG DROPKICK...." There's also much less of the annoying "OHHHH!" when someone hits a move.

HeenanandMonsoon
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Erick Von Erich,Dec 21 2017
09:38 AM

Not that it matters, but I finished "Clash of Champions", last night. I did the entire thing with the German audio. It's kinda' funny, because they actually calls moves in English. So to an un-educated dolt like me, it sounds like "ein schpien dine SINGLE-LEG DROPKICK...." There's also much less of the annoying "OHHHH!" when someone hits a move.

I might have to start putting it on the foreign teams so I can hear just two guys again.

It's funny every team has 2 except for the American team.

Posted Image

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Erick Von Erich,Dec 21 2017
08:38 AM
If the prize for the Wimmens Rumble is a championship shot at WrestleMania, then yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Rhonda Rousey showed up.

I've seen some pretty scathing reviews of Clash of Champions, would you recommend it?

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I really enjoyed the first 2 matches (US title, tag title). Would recommend watching both of those. The rest-- take it or leave it, if you have time and/or are into the angles.

-The Women's match was whatever.

-Bludgeon Brothers vs. Breezango was an early 90's "Superstar Squash". First time I've seen Rowan and Harper in their new looks, so I appreciated that.

-Owens/Zayn vs. Nakamura/Orton was super punchy/kicky, with the spotlight on the ref situation. Cool spot was Owens frog-splashing Nakamura through a table. The rest of the match was a disappointment.

-Styles/Mahal was okay, but nothing blew me away.

HeenanandMonsoon
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
I would check out the Tag Title match as that was match of the night imo. Like Erick said the Bludgeon Brothers match was fun because it had that Superstars squash feeling. Other than that everything else was meh...

Posted Image

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
This may not be surprising to anybody else; and probably only affects my "droppin' in once a month to watch" habits; but I was amazed at how over Aiden English and Rusev were!

Campy junk like that is what makes wrestling FUN, sometimes.

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
5 months later, both get buried and one released for getting over against the wishes of creative. Seems like the trend for a comedy tag team in WWE.
Posted Image

The Hart Foundation
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Nevermind
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · World Wrestling Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply