Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
RIP George ''The Animal'' Steele
Topic Started: Feb 17 2017, 08:02 AM (265 Views)
HeenanandMonsoon
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
He's up there now eating turnbuckles and reunited with Capt. Lou. RIP George
Founder of the Humanoid Nation Community on PSN

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
Read his autobiography, last year. I don't recommend it, because he was trying to hard to be "funny" and it was all over the place. Had a sensible head on his shoulders, though. Really loved coaching high school football and trying to help kids.

One of my dad's favorite wrestlers and we used his promos to help with my speech impediment, as a kid. Part of the reason I usually give him a free pass on his sub-par in-ring work (especially in the 80's). Definitely one of the more memorable characters.
<!---Hit Paydirt with K-Dirt--->
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
Always sad to hear of a passing, especially considering his health issues dating back to the late 80's. I was never really a fan of Steele since his only exposure to me were renting old WrestleMania's (or specifically Mania 2 and 4), and as an adult, his work didn't do much for me. His program with Savage over his infatuation with Elizabeth is memorable and a storyline that has never been replicated, at least not to the same level of success. Seriously, they somehow got super-heel Steele over as a sympathetic babyface. He played the gimmick well, even if the matches were crud. He'd pop up throughout the 90's as a special surprise, like working a tag match with TAKA against Lawler and Son, and his short-lived association with the Oddities.
Posted Image

torturedsoulv1
true maharajah Jinder Mahal
[ *  *  * ]
RIP animal

He was certainly different than everyone else when I started watching in '83

Much better as a heel, but he was able to get sympathy in his one sided feud with Savage as Scrooge mentioned

torturedsoulv1
true maharajah Jinder Mahal
[ *  *  * ]
Scrooge McSuck,Feb 17 2017
09:34 PM
Always sad to hear of a passing, especially considering his health issues dating back to the late 80's. I was never really a fan of Steele since his only exposure to me were renting old WrestleMania's (or specifically Mania 2 and 4), and as an adult, his work didn't do much for me. His program with Savage over his infatuation with Elizabeth is memorable and a storyline that has never been replicated, at least not to the same level of success. Seriously, they somehow got super-heel Steele over as a sympathetic babyface. He played the gimmick well, even if the matches were crud. He'd pop up throughout the 90's as a special surprise, like working a tag match with TAKA against Lawler and Son, and his short-lived association with the Oddities.

I forgot the oddities stuff

I don't remember the teaming with Taka

He did have a match in WCw's dying days against Jeff Jarrett

It was jarret vs Santana, then against Steele, then against Snuka. One after another

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Wrestling · Next Topic »
Add Reply