Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wrestlers Everyone Loves That You Hate
Topic Started: Mar 12 2017, 03:04 PM (1,223 Views)
Mad Dog
Member Avatar
ho ho who the hell are you?
[ *  *  * ]
I'm going to post a few topics just to try and give us some new threads.

So this one is easy, who are some workers that people rave about that you don't necessarily hate.

I'll start us off.

Cody Rhodes

Okay, I don't hate him but wow I don't get the love he's getting these days. People still get excited for his indy appearances and he's been mediocre at best. There's always this narrative that guys that don't get pushed in WWE are these held back super workers. Cody sure proved that isn't always the case.

So where my problem comes in is these indies bring him in and put him over the regular talent. That's a trap a lot of these companies fall into but it's just annoying. You also know you're in for disappointment when Cody is on the card no matter who his opponent is.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
I don't really care for Seth Rollins these days. He seems like the prototypical "Indy guy doing too much" and has little to show for it. His big spots don't pop crowds well enough to justify what he does, and he's kind of hurt a few guys with stupid spots that should've been banned long ago (Piledrivers are safer than a Buckle Bomb).
Posted Image

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
Agreed with Cody. He's a perfectly fine midcarder. I don't hate him, I do like him, but not enough to say this guy deserves top of the card pay or billing.
Posted Image

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I think he's good in the ring but his character and mic work are terrible. He's been the same bore his entire career on that end. They've been trying to get people to care about this HHH/Rollins thing for like 2 years now and it never gets a reaction.

torturedsoulv1
true maharajah Jinder Mahal
[ *  *  * ]
I hate Sami Zayn. Get him off my TV

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Now I find that interesting. What do you dislike about him?

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Bland look. Overrated in the ring (good but not great like most seem to think)

Helluva kick sucks as a finisher. Blue thunder bomb should be the finisher
That's not his fault, but still makes me not like him

Mic skills are not atrocious. But not good either

He's portrayed as the ultimate underdog. Ultimate loser is more like it

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Mad Dog,Mar 12 2017
04:15 PM
I think he's good in the ring but his character and mic work are terrible. He's been the same bore his entire career on that end. They've been trying to get people to care about this HHH/Rollins thing for like 2 years now and it never gets a reaction.

He's miscast as a face

He's good as a douchebag heel

Very good wrestler

Very good build

Liked him on the mic when he split from the shield. But by the time he became
World champ, he was boring on the mic

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
See, I love Sami Zayn. His years-long quest to the NXT title made that show must-see, produced great matches and feuds, and he was an extremely well defined and likable babyface underdog warrior throughout. Before that, he had a lot of excellent matches and feuds as El Generico across the independents.

Cody Rhodes is a solid hand, I think he could have handled more responsibility in WWE as he's more talented than a lot of the stiffs they've insisted become top guys over the years. I have not seen anything he's done since, the perception is that he's doing really well, maybe his pocket book is benefiting more than anything else.

Seth Rollins is actually about 100x better now that he's been in WWE's system for a number of years than before. He was the king of overkill in the indie's and he basically turned himself heel in ROH when he was supposed to be a babyface hero.

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
torturedsoulv1,Mar 12 2017
11:46 PM
Bland look. Overrated in the ring (good but not great like most seem to think)

Helluva kick sucks as a finisher. Blue thunder bomb should be the finisher
That's not his fault, but still makes me not like him

Mic skills are not atrocious. But not good either

He's portrayed as the ultimate underdog. Ultimate loser is more like it

I love Zayn but you make strong arguments. I think part of his problem is booking. The underdog has to win at some point.

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
So it seems zayn's "push" will be over with Balor's return and Jericho's face turn. This was reported by the observer

Send Zayn to smackdown, they would use him better

Or put him in the cruiserweight division

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
Smackdown, please. :D
Posted Image

Infinite Devil Machine
Member Avatar
A Very Cunning Linguist
[ *  *  * ]
I absolutely can't stand Alexa Bliss. I know she's a heel and that's obviously sort of the point, but I just don't like her character. She looks like what happens when you feed your Mogwai after midnight, she'd barely have a size advantage over a Deluxe Barbie, and her work in the ring is lacking. I just don't find bitchy, tiny women intimidating. She can travel by plane in the overhead compartment. She'd be a great valet for somebody, but as a wrestler I just don't buy into her whole gimmick.

Also, Nikki Bella can fuck right off. Reality Bimbo Bella is just all-around shit. I know there's been this groundswell of support for her by the IWC because she's "gotten better" in the ring. But she's still nowhere near good, has the voice of a pull string sex doll, and shows as much emotion as a prerecorded phone message for Medicare Part B for those who are 65 and older. Go be on E!, do your crappy reality shows, and stay far, far away from the ring.
What "World of Warcraft" players see when they're not playing.....

Posted Image

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
I'll second the Seth Rollins opinions. I feel like he's a guy who they've been trying to make more than what he is. Liked him as the third guy (almost flunky) of the Shield. Wanted to give him a chance as a breakout singles guy, but I don't buy him as a main event type of guy. Great IC title type of guy, though.

I've never been a big fan of Bayley. Even in NXT, I didn't "get" her popularity. Don't "hate" her... just not someone I'm into or appreciate.
<!---Hit Paydirt with K-Dirt--->
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
Based on the baffling amount of social media love, yeah, Nikki Bella. Hate watching her. Hate listening to her. Please retire.
Posted Image

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Wrestling · Next Topic »
Add Reply