Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wrestlers that everyone hates; That you love
Topic Started: Mar 15 2017, 12:18 AM (800 Views)
torturedsoulv1
true maharajah Jinder Mahal
[ *  *  * ]
Ripping off Mad Dog's thread idea. The opposite route. Wrestlers that most hate that you like

I'm going to start with Jeff Jarrett. I think he gets most of his hate because he booked himself as champ too many times in TNA (I agree with that).

But I thought he was a good worker. Above average on the mic. Good look

nepotism got him his start. But multi time world champ in WCW. US champ a few times in WCW. Multi time IC champ
500 time USWA champ. Many time TNA champ

Many tag titles as well. With many different partners. WWf with Owen Hart. With Jeff gaylord, jerry lawyer, brain christopher, Robert fuller and Matt borne in the USWA. May have been with others as well.

As you can see I was a big fan of his

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Noam Dar is my next one

He's decent in the ring, not as bad as most seem to think

He's got some mic skills as well. Alicia Fuxxxxxxxxxx

He's very young and will only get better

I think he's the third best cruiserweight in WWE after Neville and Aries.

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
ho ho who the hell are you?
[ *  *  * ]
Ha, I was going to eventually post this.

Totally agree on Jeff Jarrett. The guy has an incredible body of work over like 20 decades. I think people overlook him so much because he's not flashy.

Jimmy Valiant. I hated him for a long time but I turned around on him the last time I watched a lot of JCP. Not a good worker by any means but a fun promo and the Paul Jones feud was an interesting display of brutality at times.

John Cena. I feel like some people have turned the corner on him lately. I don't like his booking but the guy has an insanely good body of work for his whole career. He might be the best big match worker of all time.

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
Easy answer: Roman Reigns. No, I don't want him as the face of the company, but he rarely has a bad match, and usually has the best match on any given PPV/Network Special he is on. Yes, he works with great talent too, but he has to hold up his side of things and he does a good job.
Posted Image

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
Jeff Jarrett is another I'd agree with for vintage choices. Again, not a #1 guy despite pushing himself as such, but a very good worker who could play either heel or face well.

Kane. I think that one was obvious. :D
Posted Image

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
I'll second/third/whatever John Cena. I found out awhile back that if you ignore his storylines and character, his actual matches are usually pretty good. Had a great series with Kevin Owens... crap, has that already been two years?!

I'm actually okay with Goldberg. Always liked the guy in WCW and tried to tune in when he came back in 2003. I've only seen his PPV matches this go-round, but they're at least working to his strengths. He's supposed to be a full-speed, hard-hitting, monster-type of guy...and that's what they've done. You don't want a 20 minute Goldberg match. 60 seconds? You bet. I compare that to his 2003 match against The Rock--- within 3 minutes of the match, he had to sell some right hands like a gunshot; "WWE Style"?

Okay with Reigns, too. His 2015 "Fastlane" match with Daniel Bryan sold me on him as a capable in-ring hand. Although his "Superman punch" is kinda' lame and he needs to ditch the black ops gear.

Going back, there's quite a few that I considered "guilty pleasures" (Dusty and Jimmy Valiant come to mind). Have to dig that thread up, as I'm sure I've forgotten my answers.
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I actually really like the lost a step, has the young dogs nipping at his heels John Cena. He's obviously not what he was and these young guys are coming in and are more athletic and doing all these cool new moves so Cena throws it in their face by adopting the indy moves style into his style. It's a really underappreciated pivot he made when he won the US Title.

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
torturedsoulv1,Mar 15 2017
12:36 AM
Noam Dar is my next one

He's decent in the ring, not as bad as most seem to think

He's got some mic skills as well. Alicia Fuxxxxxxxxxx

He's very young and will only get better

I think he's the third best cruiserweight in WWE after Neville and Aries.

You knew I'd pick up on this one, as I can't stand Dar. He seemed like a capable guy during the CWC, but now he just performs simple moves, straight out of early 90's WWF.

Unless he's been tearing it up on RAW, I still feel he's the cruiserweights' X-pac.

He is a natural at playing the snobbish a-hole heel, though.

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
I can understand those who said Cena

I just hated him so much from say 2005 - 2014, that it's hard for me to acknowledge his been better the last three years that he's mostly been out of the world title picture

I agree with those that said Reigns. He has improved a ton the last 18 months. Problem is he has the superman booking that Cena had when he was first split from the Shield and people rebelled

Goldberg I loved in WCW and in his first WWF run. Hate how he's been booked since he returned and how little in ring time his matches are

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Mad Dog,Mar 15 2017
09:05 AM
I actually really like the lost a step, has the young dogs nipping at his heels John Cena. He's obviously not what he was and these young guys are coming in and are more athletic and doing all these cool new moves so Cena throws it in their face by adopting the indy moves style into his style. It's a really underappreciated pivot he made when he won the US Title.

Even though I still can't get over my hate for him, i agree with this

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
I add Chavo Guerrero

In WCW he was a very good cruiserweight. He had dumb gimmicks like the Amway sales man, Pepe the wooden horse.........

KErwin White in WWF was hysterical. He was very good in his team with Eddie, though that was mostly because of Eddie

He's a good (not great technical wrestler). He was decent on the mic

i think when they pushed him more after Eddie passed, fans began to tire of him

When he was with his dad when his dad portrayed Chavo classic, he was good as well

His TNA run with Hernandez, that sucked

I don't watch LU, so no clue how he's doing there

Not saying he should have ever been near the world title picture. Just that I don't get the hate

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Goldberg ages really well if you just back to back those squashes in his initial undefeated run. He constantly throws these little moves in there that surprise you and his matches are consistently fun.

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
Not a conventional answer, but broken down Andre, while at times a wreck to watch, still had those flashes of great ring psychology.
Posted Image

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Didn't know that Chavo was hated. That's mean. Chavo's very capable and wasn't shy about throwing himself into any angle, completely. Like you mentioned, he totally jumped on the "loco" thing with Eddie in WCW, 555-deal (Amway), Lt. Loco of the Misfits-in-Action, Eddie's second in Los Guerreros, Kerwin White, ECW champ, etc...

Heck, the guy even did TBS promos on Thunder for "Movies for Guys Who Like Movies"!

Does the hate stem from late 2005, when Eddie passed? Again, that's mean. I feel that if you hate Chavo, you're a big mean meanie who does mean things!

Good point about broken-down-Andre. He would flash little bits of psychology. Like when he'd simply step on someone's chest, just to be a jerk.

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
I wouldn't say I hated Chavo Jr., but he was definitely a few notches below Eddie when it came to ring work. He was a solid hand, but that's it.

I recall dislike being there for his Cruiserweight title reign in '04, so it definitely started before Eddie passed.
Posted Image

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Wrestling · Next Topic »
Add Reply