Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2017 MLB Thread
Topic Started: Apr 19 2017, 03:02 PM (1,282 Views)
Mad Dog
Member Avatar
ho ho who the hell are you?
[ *  *  * ]
Not starting Kershaw is one of the dumbest decisions I've ever seen a manager make.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
Mad Dog,Nov 2 2017
04:59 AM
Not starting Kershaw is one of the dumbest decisions I've ever seen a manager make.

Definitely ranks up there. Think a Kershaw start was the story FOX was trying/hoping to promote, as they kept showing Sandy Koufax in the stands during Game 6. When Kershaw did come in, Joe Buck made sure to service his genitals as often as possible.

I can maybe see what Dave Roberts was thinking. Maybe. Start Darvish, get about 3 quality innings out of him, then here comes the Kershaw Cavalry to kill any hopes n' dreams. Somewhat similar to the gameplan the Astros ended up with: McCullers, bullpen, then Charlie Morton.

So, uh.. 'Stro-november?
<!---Hit Paydirt with K-Dirt--->
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
A great series ending on a flat note.

Houston lights up Darvish, again, Dodgers lineup too concerned trying to recreate the HR Derby of Game 5, and then nothing. Seriously, LA left, what, 6 people on base in the first few innings? Too many desperate swings trying to hit a 7 run homer, as Smoltz said.
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
It their annual attempt to build hype, the BBWAA announced their "finalists" for all the major awards.
http://m.mlb.com/news/article/260802304/20...inalists-named/

Quick n' dirty, with my picks:

AL MVP:
-Jose Altuve
-Aaron Judge
-Jose Ramirez

I'll say Altuve, as it's more a team award for the Astros. He's also been around (slightly) longer, so it could also be an "Altuve Appreciation Award" from the BBWAA. Yet Judge was amazing...so if it were up to me, I'd give it to him.

NL MVP:
-Paul Goldschmitt
-Giancarlo Stanton
-Joey Votto

Toss-up between Goldie and Stanton. I'll say Stanton, since he had a pretty good year, from start to finish. Nice to see Votto "bounce back" with an MVP-worthy year and get some national recognition. Bounce back in quotes, since Votto's been pretty consistent since winning the award in 2010.

Little surprised that either Nolan Arenado or Charlie Blackmon didn't make it as finalists. I'll chalk it up to the ol' "Coors Field Bias". See also: Holliday, Matt in 2007 and Bichette, Dante in 1995.

AL Cy Young:
-Corey Kluber
-Chris Sale
-Luis Severino

Tough one, but I'll go with Sale, due to his strikeout totals. Severino "only" has 14 wins, which will probably cost him some votes.

NL Cy Young
-Clayton Kershaw
-Max Scherzer
-Stephen Strasburg

I'll say Kershaw. Put up impressive numbers, despite missing some time. No knock on the Nats duo, but I still think Kershaw's the best pitcher in the game.

AL Manager of the year
-Terry Francona
-AJ Hinch
-Paul Molitor

I'll go with Molitor, as I didn't expect the Twins to even sniff contention.

NL Manager of the Year
-Torey Lovullo
-Bud Black
-Dave Roberts

I'd be okay with each Lovullo or Black. Like the Twins, I didn't expect either team to contend.

AL Rookie of the Year
-Andrew Benintendi
-Aaron Judge
-Trey Mancini

Judge in a landslide. Unless someone creates a time machine and goes back to alter the 2017 season.

NL Rookie of the Year
-Josh Bell
-Cody Bellinger
-Paul DeJong

In an ordinary year, Bell would win. But Bellinger had an impressive homer-crazy year, so he's sort'a the NL answer to Judge and will win easily.

torturedsoulv1
true maharajah Jinder Mahal
[ *  *  * ]
I'm surprised they didn't re-sign Girardi considering they made it to game 7of the ALCS when they weren't expected to make the playoffs before the season started

My sister is glad they didn't. Felt it was time for him to go

10 years is a long time with one team and it seems management thinks he was losing some of the players

His managing the bullpen win them the wild card game
And he bungled game 2 of the ALDS

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
MVPs are still out, but so far we've got:

NL Rookie of the Year: Cody Bellinger

AL Rookie of the Year: Aaron Judge

NL Manager of the Year: Torey Lovullo

AL Manager of the Year: Paul Molitor

AL Cy Young: Corey Kluber

NL CY Young: Max Scherzer

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
And, as predicted, the final two winners are:

AL MVP: Jose Altuve, HOU

NL MVP: Giancarlo Stanton, MIA

I have no issues with any of the award recipients. Fans of certain guys could whine, but that's more of being a fan. As an overall baseball fan, I don't feel you'd have any gripes.

We'll keep this thread open for a week or so, then start the dreaded OFFSEASON thread.

« Previous Topic · Sports · Next Topic »
Add Reply