Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MITB; Who's winning the briefcase?
Topic Started: May 25 2017, 09:14 PM (470 Views)
torturedsoulv1
true maharajah Jinder Mahal
[ *  *  * ]
So the 6 participants are going to be

Styles
Owens
Ziggler
Nakamura
Corbin
Zayn

Before wrestlemania, I figured Corbin would win it

I'd rather MITB be for participants who have never had the WWE world title. So out with Styles, Owens and Ziggler. In with Harper, Rusev and Big E

But of the actual 6, I'll still go with Corbin

As for the other match announced, Mahal over Orton

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

HeenanandMonsoon
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
My pick is Corbin for MITB. Him losing some matches lately is usually the formula for winning the briefcase.

Mahal over Orton. If they wanna make him a credible champion he has to win the rematch.
Founder of the Humanoid Nation Community on PSN

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah, it feels like Corbin will get it and cash in on whichever babyface eventually dethrones Mahal (unless they think they can make a big babyface out of Corbin by having him be the one who does it).

HeenanandMonsoon
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
I've read that might turn Rusev face to feud with Mahal. Another idea tossed around was Cena taking down the ''evil foreigner'' and breaking Flair's record presumably at SSlam. The latter seems more likely.
Founder of the Humanoid Nation Community on PSN

Posted Image

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
They better not have Cena beat Mahal for the belt. That would be ridiculous

I'd have no problem with Rusev beating Mahal for the belt
But I think Rusev should stay heel

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Carmella will win the ladies MITB

Unless they call up Asuka, then she's winning it

I'll go with Asuka

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
It's not out of the question (see Paige in '14), but Asuka is sticking around NXT for at least a few more months as Champion, so it doesn't seem likely to introduce her without warning. Carmella seems like a lock to me, based on her character and lack of credibility without a cheap route to the title.
Posted Image

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Corbin to win men's MITB

Mahal over Orton

Carmella to win the women's MITB
Though I could see Asuka being called up and being the sixth participant and winning

Usos over new day

Women's title match. If it's before women's MITB, Lana wins. Then Naomi adds herself to MITB

If it's after I guess Naomi wins.

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
WWE SUCKS at booking faces, and all my picks are heels except 1.

Corbin for MITB
Mahal over Orton
Carmella for Women MITB
Usos retain, maybe lose by DQ
Naomi over Lana

They have to pad the show. NO WAY Lana gets more than 7:00. As is, with all the entrances and recap videos, I don't see the show running longer than 2 hours.
Posted Image

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Rumors are Maria will be the 6th woman at MITB

If there is a 6th woman, it better be Asuka

Hype bros over the Colons on the preshow

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
ho ho who the hell are you?
[ *  *  * ]
What an awful show.

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
ho ho who the hell are you?
[ *  *  * ]
I wonder if they just pick the most awful winner possible for these matches now.

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Only one I had wrong was Usos over new day

Though I thought carmella would cash in tonight

Scrooge had them all right

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
I turned it on just in time to see the Usos and New Day blow half their spots before a crap finish, albeit with a hot crowd invested in the match.

Lana/Naomi was a snoozefest. Having these sort of women wrestling for titles feels like ten steps backwards considering the level of talent we've seen since the rise of NXT.

Granted, I'd had a long day and was pretty tired, but Jinder vs. Orton actually put me to sleep.

I don't really have any desire to go back and watch the whole thing. Maybe I'll review it for the Da Site's 20th anniversary.

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
Like we've said about, ummm...ALL.. WWE PPV's for the past 3-4 years: "not good, but not totally terrible".

-The New Day/Usos was going okay until Big E botched that crossbody into "The Big Ending".

-Orton/Mahal was fairly similar to Part One, except Orton got to do some stunts with the Singh Bros.

-GREG GAGNE was in attendance!*

-The debut of "Mike & Maria Kanellis"...? Sorry, but I don't think "p*ssywhipped duo" is a good gimmick to work off of. Will need to see more of them before I condemn it, though.

-I was actually okay with the main event. The tease of Nakamura/Styles was a fun little bone to throw out there. I didn't get why they took Nakamura out of about 80% of the match. Then to have him return and not sell any "injury"? Do the Cesaro Taped Shoulder Special, or something.

*to no effect
<!---Hit Paydirt with K-Dirt--->
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · World Wrestling Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply