Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBA offseason; 2017
Topic Started: Jun 20 2017, 09:37 PM (1,011 Views)
SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
I think your team has the potential to be downright respectable in a weak Eastern Conference. At least good enough to screw up the Celtics' draft pick :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

torturedsoulv1
true maharajah Jinder Mahal
[ *  *  * ]
Marks has been good as GM. I figured he would as he learned from a winning team when
he was Spurs assistant GM. Learning from Pops and Buford
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah, once Brooklyn can start having their own picks again, the future should be pretty bright for the Nets.

Speaking of which, I would support Danny Ainge trading the 2018 Nets pick seeing as it probably won't be as low as we'd like it to be and the Celtics now have the Lakers pick if it should land between 2-5 (which is pretty likely considering what the Lakers will be up against in the stacked Western Conference).

In other news, Carmelo Anthony is now unwilling to be traded to Cleveland. Speculation is that a trade there would mean that Love or Irving would be sent to New York, and also there's a good chance that his good buddy Lebron James might have let him know that he's not sticking around after next season anyway, so not a good situation for him. Anthony will now only accept a trade to Houston, probably for Ryan Anderson.

The Lakers are in a position to have 2 max slots open after next season, so if Lonzo Ball and Brandon Ingram impress this year, they could be setting the Lakers up for their next big contending team. The nightmare scenario is if Russell Westbrook and Paul George decide they enjoy playing together but would rather continue doing so in L.A. rather than OKC.

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
I still can't believe how many 1st round picks they gave up for Pierce and Garnett

Yes they didn't think they would be that high in the 1st round as they couldn't envision being
this shitty

But still 3 1st round picks and the right to swap a 4th

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Deron Williams is still a free agent. Loser deserves his fate

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
The New York Knicks have traded Carmelo Anthony to OKC for Enes Kanter, Doug McDermott, and a 2018 draft pick.

What a crazy off-season OKC has had, eh?

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Nets won't be in last place now

Knicks are worse than them

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
I think the Nets are in a position to be better than the Knicks, Bulls, Kings, Suns, and Magic.

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Maybe the Hawks as well. Time will tell

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
I meant to add the Hawks to my list. They should be pretty bad this year.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
I didn't pay attention for a few days and the Lakers won 4 in a row. That kind of sucks, as the Celtics get their pick if it falls between 2-5. Hopefully, the Hawks maintain their tanking ways.

« Previous Topic · Sports · Next Topic »
Add Reply