Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Summerslam; What will the matches be?
Topic Started: Jul 27 2017, 12:13 AM (904 Views)
torturedsoulv1
true maharajah Jinder Mahal
[ *  *  * ]

So far the only matches set in stone are Joe vs Brock vs Reigns vs Braun

Bliss vs Bayley

Natalya vs Naomi

I assume it'll be Cena vs Mahal

big Show vs Cass

Rumored are:

Ambrose/ Rollins vs Sheamus / Cesaro

Owens vs Shane McMahon

Baylor vs Wyatt

New day vs Usos

Miz vs Jason Jordan

Orton vs Khali

Styles vs Nakamura

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
ho ho who the hell are you?
[ *  *  * ]
If they want to salvage Bayley she should absolutely destroy Bliss here and win back the title.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
My thought on New Day winning the tag titles at Battleground was that it meant they aren't getting a spot on Summerslam.

Natalya vs. Naomi sounds like kick-off show material.

Bliss vs. Bayley might be fascinating. It will be telling to see if the Brooklyn crowd is still with Bayley or not.

The 4-way main event does legitimately have my interest. I'm glad they are putting Lesnar in a match where he can take a nap for part of it and not have it just be an under six minute affair.

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
That projected card does little for me, which might show how little interest I have. I don't get how you book Naomi/Natalya as the brand representing women's match on the #2 show of the year. No more Shane vs. Anyone. God, no Khali vs. anyone 1-on-1.
Posted Image

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Scrooge McSuck,Jul 27 2017
08:33 AM
That projected card does little for me, which might show how little interest I have. I don't get how you book Naomi/Natalya as the brand representing women's match on the #2 show of the year. No more Shane vs. Anyone. God, no Khali vs. anyone 1-on-1.

I'm pretty sure Carmella will succcessfully cash in against the Naomi vs Natalya winner

I was stunned when I read the Shane vs Owens rumor as I agree with you

Khali is helping my hero he modern day maharajah. The true maharajah Jinder Mahal

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
My list of people I never want to see wrestle again:

1. Seth Rollins
2. Undertaker
3. Chris Jericho
4. Randy Orton
5. Shane McMahon

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
I'd sub in Dolph for Jericho, personally. :P
Posted Image

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
I assume Neville will defend his title as well. No clue against who

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Scrooge McSuck,Jul 27 2017
07:11 PM
I'd sub in Dolph for Jericho, personally. :P

He'd make a top 10 if I did one for sure.

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
With the lack of heel GM's, Stephanie, Triple H, and limited Big Show, I've definitely run low on people/characters that I wouldn't mind not seeing for a few hundred years.
Posted Image

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I know Undertaker has retired but he's going to stay on my list until the next Mania passes.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Scrooge McSuck,Jul 28 2017
11:05 AM
With the lack of heel GM's, Stephanie, Triple H, and limited Big Show, I've definitely run low on people/characters that I wouldn't mind not seeing for a few hundred years.

I think the lack of evil authority figures is probably the most underrated aspect of this current era. They really ran that format into the ground.

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I fully expect it to coming roaring back in the near future.

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Thankfully Shane is not wrestling

And wow Cena is not in the title match for now

Nakamura over Mahal. Wins the belt. Corbin cashes in successfully after the match

Owens over styles to regain the belt. I smell a Shane o mac heel turn as the special ref. Don't want it but I think it'll happen

Rusev over Orton. They have to rebuild Rusev. He better win

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah, sounds like last night's Smackdown threw a few curveballs into the Summerslam rumors. I was fine Cena challenging Jinder, but having it be Shinske is much more interesting, and it's not out of the question that the title could change hands, though I'm leaning towards a DQ to drag it out for the fall marathon of pay-per-views.

Styles vs. Owens is always welcome, even if it sounds like some of their recent outings have disappointed, but the Shane factor makes it stand out. The thought of Shane turning heel to go back to the days of evil authority figures makes me sick.

Rusev vs. Orton? I guess they need something for Orton to do. I expect Rusev eats an RKO.

Can I assume that they're going with Cena/Corbin? Brooklyn is going to LOVE that one.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · World Wrestling Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply