Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NFL regular season thread; Jets are going 0-16
Topic Started: Sep 10 2017, 02:00 AM (915 Views)
torturedsoulv1
true maharajah Jinder Mahal
[ *  *  * ]
Jets will be lucky to be 4-12

QB McCown is 38. He's Never been very good

Hackenberg is a bust.

Wish they would play Petty or hackenburg. If one surprises and you have your QB of the future
If they are as bad as expected, they will get the 1st overall pick

They have a decent defense. But no playmakers on offense

While I could see them going 0-16, I'll say 2-14

I'll be 48 in December. The only SB they won was 11 months before I was born
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
As a non-Patriots fan living in New England, I can tell you that it was pretty funny seeing everyone around here have to eat some humble pie this past week.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
Go, Giants, Go.

10-6 and a Wild Card birth is my prediction and expectations. Anything better is gravy.
Posted Image

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
SamoaRowe,Sep 10 2017
05:12 AM
As a non-Patriots fan living in New England, I can tell you that it was pretty funny seeing everyone around here have to eat some humble pie this past week.

And for one night, everybody outside of Boston appreciated the Chiefs. Chiefs could start 4-0. They finish with 3 of 4 home games in December, so barring any crazy injuries or internal strife, they could probably win the AFC West with 10 or 11 wins. Really don't think the Raiders are as good as all their hype and the Donkies will be lucky to finish 9-7 again (7-9 or 8-8 is probably more realistic).

Still despise the Chefs, though. Raiders are fun to hate and make fun of. Chefs are just assholes. "KAN-ZASSS CITY!!" They'll be down 35-0, score a touchdown, and their play-by-play guy will go into a tizzy about the awesome Chefs.

Have a good friend who's a big Chefs fan-- that's the only positive thing about them. Despite always being a Donkey division rival, my hate stems from the 1998 pre-season. Was listening to a Chiefs game broadcast while driving back from St. Louis. It was full of nothing but fluff, as they were already openly talking about a Super Bowl victory, what day of the week the parade would be, wondering who would go to the Pro Bowl, if Andre Rison would score 15 or 20 touchdowns... crap like that.

Plus that stupid Wile E. Coyote mascot and the fact that they employed Marty Schottenheimer for 10 years.

I strongly believe that this thread should be re-titled "Televised Supplemental Fantasy Football Coverage", since all broadcasts and "analysis" cater to that stuff, nowadays.
<!---Hit Paydirt with K-Dirt--->
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
The Giants couldn't have played any poorer than they did last night. Eli had a high completion percentage, but still logged less than 250 yards, and never seemed to find an open receiver for more than a short lob. The running game was the usual non-existent crap, and the defense can't use the "tired" excuse since they were outplayed from the first possession of the game.
Posted Image

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
So far so good with my 0-16 prediction for the Jets

On paper one of the worst set of offense skill position players since I started watching in '77

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
torturedsoulv1,Sep 11 2017
11:34 PM
So far so good with my 0-16 prediction for the Jets

On paper one of the worst set of offense skill position players since I started watching in '77

Even worse than the Rich Kotite era?

Two years in a row that the Donkeys' season opener ends on a missed FG for the visitor. But more importantly: the Old Lady watched the first half with me, and we argued over the gender of the announcer. Beth Mowins sounded decidedly female to me, but the Old Lady swore it was a guy.

Oh and Sergio Dipp, an overnight Internet sensation for his FAIL of a "sideline report".... he really is a dip. I was fine with his little faux pas, but he recorded a video of himself in his hotel room, after the game. Basically saying: "errr...I'm Mexican. Biggest stage of all. The coaches were minorities, too. Errrr..... 9/11!" No need for any of that to enter his retort. Just laugh it off, have some fun with it and don't try to turn it into some "serious" social or political issue.

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
The 3-13 year of the Kotite error, I was at the one home game they won
A then co-worker had season tickets couldn't go to that game, so I went with a friend

he laughed saying it figured the one game he missed that year they won

I also went to one game in the 1-15 year. same co-worker couldn't go to one

Haven't been to many NFL games but that was the worst game I ever saw in any sport live (and I've been to alot of baseball games over the years and Nets the last two years)

it was against the dolphins. Marino was hurt, don't remember who the backup was
Ken O'Brien was also hurt.........

so it was two back up QBs........in the snow and cold of December

6-3 was the final and the Jets lost

I can still remember this stuff from over 20 years ago as if it was yesterday

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Know whatcha' mean. I had Donkey season tickets for the '91 and '96 seasons. They won the division, both times. I have vivid memories of who I went with, to each game, as well as some action shots. Still remember Mike Croel blindsiding Steelers QB Neil O'Donnell in a 1991 Sunday night game, and the ball flying up in the air. Or Tyrone Braxton breaking up a last second end-zone pass from the Bears in 1996.

Last game I went to was almost four years ago. Flew to Dallas to see Cowboys/Broncos and it was amazing.

I used to get tickets fairly often, circa 1991-2006. Was rare that I'd not see at least one game, per season. Since the Tebow/Manning crazes, I've been to exactly one game: a pre-season game against the Rams in 2013.

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]

Went to a jets game two years ago. Was the first game I went to since the ones in the mid 90s

First time I tailgated. The two I went to in the mid 90s I lived in midtown manhattan. So no car, but could walk to Port Authority to take the bus to the game

One of my high school friends, someone who I got reacquainted with cause of FB has been a season ticket holder for years. My wife and I went with him to one

She is not a football fan, but knows the #1 Jets fan guy (don't know if you know of Fireman Ed, he took over for Fireman Ed a few years ago) from a job they both used to work at

and she went to go see him in his section. and got to be on the jumbotron when the Jets scored a TD. knows nothing about football but gets to do that lol

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah, I know of the Fireman guy. Didn't know that the torch had been passed, though!

Always thought it would've been clever for a Jets fan to go in a full-on Boba Fett costume, painted with Jets green and white. Like the "Darth Raider" guy in Oakland, he could be "Boba Jett". If he had a friend, then he could be " Jango Jett".

Probably sounds funny in theory, but lame in reality.

But it'd make more sense than the "Bronco Trooper" I saw.

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Firemen Ed was getting "abused" by some fans a few years ago. I'll say 5 years ago

I think it was caused by disgruntled fans being angry at him being the ultimate fan
Cause the team sucked

He stopped going to games for a few years.

Which is when the current fan took over

Firemen ed came back two years ago I think

Ok I googled it. He did quit in 2012, so it was 5 years ago

Came back two season ago. Proves I can remember irrelevant to the real world stuff like this

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Jets are 0-2 on the way to 0-16

I had said on a friends FB post before the game that if the Jets won I'd set my dick on fire

I was that confident that the team I have loved for 40 years wasn't going to beat the Raiders

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Jets

J ust
E nd
T he
S uffering

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Always thought it was "Just End This Shit".

Best line I heard this weekend was: "Who's the running back for the Cowboys? He looks like The Weeknd".

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Sports · Next Topic »
Add Reply