Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBA 2017-18 Season
Topic Started: Oct 18 2017, 03:54 AM (363 Views)
SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Well, after five glorious minutes of exciting back and forth action between the Cavs and Celtics, Gordon Hayward had an awkward landing and his ankle completely exploded. He'll almost certainly be out for the rest of the season, and I'm not sure he even comes back. The injury takes all the wind out of the Celtics' sails, and they get throttled for the remainder of the first half. After half-time, Jaylen Brown steps up in a big way and Marcus Smart stops making completely idiotic plays, and the Celtics come back from an 18 point deficit to take a small lead in the fourth quarter. Lebron James goes into beast mode and refuses to lose this one to Kyrie Irving and the Cavs end up sealing the deal at 102-99.

While I am totally depressed over the Hayward injury, it was great to see Jayson Tatum put up 14 points in his NBA debut. He seemed in over his head during the first quarter but regained his composure and started hitting shots.

Still, it's time to adjust expectations for how the Celtics do this year.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
ho ho who the hell are you?
[ *  *  * ]
The one positive is that 10 years ago and his career is over but he might have a chance now.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah, true. The official diagnosis is a dislocated ankle and a fracture, but no torn tendons, so he's expected to make a full recovery. I would probably still rule him out for the rest of the season.

Watched Warriors/Rockets this afternoon. Fun game where the Warriors blow a big lead and Durant is about a fraction of a second too slow making a game-saving buzzer beater. Also, Draymond Green and a referee both leave the game with injuries.

torturedsoulv1
true maharajah Jinder Mahal
[ *  *  * ]
1st game of partial season nets is Friday

Which is also game 6 of Yankees.. ugh

Was at games 4 and 5. 4 was an awesome comeback. Stadium was ridiculously stoked tonight after the game 5 win

hope there is not a game 7 but if there is that's my 9 year wedding anniversary
As I value my life I'll DVr game 7 if need be

And yes I'm enough of a nets fan I won't miss their home opener for game 6. DVring that as well

My wife went to both playoff games. Which surprised me. One of them sure. But outside of hockey she's not a sports fan. And hockey is the least of my 4 major team sports in fandom by far.

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Jeremy Lin tore his patella tendon last night

Out for the year

Oh well last place again though he's overrated

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
torturedsoulv1,Oct 19 2017
02:53 PM
Jeremy Lin tore his patella tendon last night

Out for the year

Oh well last place again though he's overrated

Tough luck. I guess that Nets pick is looking pretty good for the Cavs once again.

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
It's never stopped looking good. Was always going To be top 5 this year

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Nets beat the magic tonight

I'm 1-0 in my partial season package :)

3-0 at games in person this week, with the game 4 and game 5 wins from the stadium

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Net's are 5th in the East right now :-D

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
They won again tonight

Over .500

FTW

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
Knicks still suck. Details at 11.

11 was 45 minutes ago?

Well, they suck. I don't think of Detroit as a high quality team and we couldn't hold a double digit lead over them. I had no expectations of winning opening night vs. OKC.
Posted Image

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Nets are 2-1

Warriors are 1-2

Nets are winning the title this year

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Nets beat the Cavs

Without their best two players Russell and Lin

I was there so 2-0 for me this year

I'm not saying they'll make the playoffs
But they're not going to be nearly as bad as last year

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Scrooge McSuck,Oct 22 2017
09:46 PM
Knicks still suck. Details at 11.

11 was 45 minutes ago?

Well, they suck. I don't think of Detroit as a high quality team and we couldn't hold a double digit lead over them. I had no expectations of winning opening night vs. OKC.

The Knicks took a nice beating from the Celtics too, with Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum both going off on them in a big way and Kyrie Irving racking up a solid 20 points.

How about those Nets though? That victory over the Cavs is extra sweet, as they owe them this year's pick.

Now the Cavs have lost to the Nets and Magic, this feels like that thing WWE does when a champion loses all his TV matches heading into the pay-per-view.

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Nets are beating the Knicks tomorrow night.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Sports · Next Topic »
Add Reply