Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBA 2017-18 Season
Topic Started: Oct 18 2017, 03:54 AM (561 Views)
SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
torturedsoulv1,Oct 26 2017
07:56 PM
Nets are beating the Knicks tomorrow night.

Not so much. Knicks picked up their first win of the season.

Meanwhile, the Magic totally crushed the Spurs. At some point, reality has got to come crashing down for this overachieving Magic team, but perhaps I should start taking them seriously.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

torturedsoulv1
true maharajah Jinder Mahal
[ *  *  * ]
D'Angelo Russell is out for a long time after having arthroscopic surgery on his knee

So tomorrow I'm seeing them a giant the warriors. Without Russell or Lin

Yeah my 2-0 streak this year is not continuing

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah, that could be a something of a blood-bath. Maybe Curry will get himself into foul trouble and Draymond will get himself ejected, and then you'll have a shot.

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Nets were down 28 in the 3rd

Got it down to 4 with less than two minutes to go

Lost by 7

They have heart and play hard, I'll give them that

Curry had 39 but fouled out

No Durant. But no Russell and no Lin for the Nets

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Nets get Jahil Okafor, nik stauskas and a 2nd round pick (belonging to the Knicks) for Trevor Booker

Okafor has not lived up to being the #3 overall pick in 2015

But considering Booker is 30 and while decent he's no better than 1st big man off the bench for a playoff team, this has little downside for the Nets

They have a real center now

Could be a great trade for them

76ers have Embiid so Okafor was buried on their team

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
NBA League Pass free preview week. The service continues to be a complete joke, and won't work on my Roku or Web Browser.

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Porzingis while being overrated was the best player by far on the Knicks.

His torn ACL = they might as well bank on no playoffs this year or next

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Cavs offered their first rounder for the nets PG spencer dinwiddie

He's come along way this year. 13.5 PPG and 6.7 APG

Part of me thinks the nets should have done it as he might be having a career year.
On the other hand it could be a breakout year for him and he will continue to rise

But this would have improved the cavs this year. Their record would improve. Making the pick worse for the nets

And the nets would be worse this year without him. Their pick that the cavs have from the Irving trade would be worth more to the Cavs

lol at all this wheeling and dealing. WOOOOOOO !!!!

Edited by torturedsoulv1, Feb 10 2018, 03:51 AM.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah, I don't blame the Nets for not taking that trade. They have no incentive to do it.

The Cavs shipped out about 8 players at the trade deadline. I think they'll be better for it. I feel pretty bad about the Isaiah Thomas situation, but it sounds like he didn't endear himself to the Cavs behind the scenes, so some of this is on him. He's not likely to get the 200 million dollar supermax that he thought he had earned playing for the Celtics.

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
He's not even a starter on the lakers. Yes their rookie backcourt is doing relatively well
But still

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Nets suck. They were doing better earlier this year

But lately it's like last year all over again

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Now the Nets are only one game up from being the worst team in the NBA. Fuckkkk

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Last night I attended the Boston Celtics vs. Memphis Grizzlies. The Celtics gave the Grizzlies a pretty convincing thumping, and Kyrie Irving put on a show (25 points in 25 minutes). To be fair, the Grizzlies' roster was basically Marc Gasol and a glorified G-League roster, as Mike Conley, Tyreke Evans, and Chandler Parsons were all out. I hadn't heard of most of the Grizzlies roster and had to look up many of them afterwards.

Still, a good time, even if it wasn't the most compelling action. The Celtics nursed a 25 point lead for a good part of it, and the Grizzlies chipping away for an 11 point deficit at the end was mainly due to their garbage time efforts.

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Breaking news. Nets still suck. Couldn't t the Kings who are clearly tanking

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
I'm going to Celtics vs. Thunder on Tuesday, so I'm hoping even more than usual that both teams can get through their games today without suffering any more injuries. As it is, the Celtics will likely be missing Kyrie Irving and Jaylen Brown, and Marcus Smart and Daniel Theis are both out for the forseeable future (Smart might return this season if they make it to the second round of the playoffs). The Thunder are missing Andre Roberson for the rest of the year, but just got Paul George and Steven Adams back.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Sports · Next Topic »
Add Reply