Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Royal rumble; Predictions
Topic Started: Dec 19 2017, 12:30 AM (585 Views)
torturedsoulv1
true maharajah Jinder Mahal
[ *  *  * ]
Lesnar over kAne and strowman. Though I want it to be strowman

Women's royal rumble. Ronda rousey if she's in it. Asuka if she's not

Men's royal rumble. Roman reigns.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Seeing as the rumors are that a Smackdown guy will win the Rumble and that Roman will get his title shot some other way, and AJ vs. Nakamura has been a rumored 'Mania match for some time, and in recent years these rumors always seem to come true no matter how implausible they sound... I pick Nakamura to win the Rumble.

Asuka wins the Women's Rumble, with or without Ronda.

Lesnar retains because they seem to be serious about having another round of Lesnar/Reigns. I would encourage them to move on from Roman and go with Braun, but that doesn't seem to be in the stars right now.

While I'm thinking of it, WWE should be pressuring themselves to deliver a GREAT Royal Rumble match this year. There hasn't been a great one since 2010 (which has aged really well in my mind and might be a ***** match) and while there have been some decent ones since (2013) there have been some of the blandest, worst Rumbles as well (2016, 2017 are bland and missed opportunities, and 2014/2015 are legendary bad Rumbles). It needs to be great this year.

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
2016's Rumble wasn't so bad...save for the ending.

I'm actually a little pumped for this, which is rare. I watched the Jan 8 RAW, but not Jan 15, so some of my predictions may be rendered useless by the weekly booking changes.

-The Bar over Seth Rollins & Jason Jordan
(although...wouldn't be surprised if they continue the Bar's losing streak, eventually leading to Cesaro/Sheamus becoming a "best of 14")

-Styles retains over Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn

-Lesnar retains over Braun Strowman & Kane
(I know I'm beating a dead horse, but, really: KANE in a top match in 2018?)

-Women's Rumble-- I'm actually thinking Nia Jax wins.

-Men's Rumble-- Yeah, probably Roman Reigns. I was thinking/hoping Samoa Joe, but he teased something with John Cena on RAW. So I see those two eliminating each other.

-Usos over Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin

-Enzo Amore retains in "asshole fashion" over Cedric Alexander. Since Enzo dropped the belt to Kalisto, recently, I'm thinking he needs one program where he retains throughout. Also, Cedric's push doesn't have the oomph usually surrounding their top CW contender. Even Jack Gallagher had more, last year.

Yeah, I pick all the champs to retain, just to keep the attention on the Rumble Winners.
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
Prediction fun...

Brock retains (there's no chance in hell anything other than "Kane jobs" is the end result)
Styles retains
The Bar win the titles. Jordan turns heel... hopefully.
The Usos retain
Enzo retains because he IS the division

Women's Rumble: Asuka doesn't win. The Rumble or a Battle Royal is the only time you can book an undefeated gimmick to lose, just do it right. If Ronda Rousey doesn't win, I honestly have no clue. Sasha, maybe.

Men's Rumble: I'm going Smackdown, so either Shinsuke or Orton is the 2nd 3-time winner.
Posted Image

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
I'm going wth Nia Jax for the women's rumble. When I started this I said rousey if she's in it. Don't think she will be

Figured Asuka. But I've cooled on her. She's overrated.

Would have gone with Paige. But she's injured/probably retiring.

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I picked Jax to win, simply based on her segment with Alexa Bliss and talking about "best friends". When you vocalize someone as your "best friend" in wrestling, it always equates to a future split (unless you're Peyton Royce and Billie Kay).

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Erick Von Erich
Jan 15 2018, 08:35 AM
2016's Rumble wasn't so bad...save for the ending.

I'm actually a little pumped for this, which is rare. I watched the Jan 8 RAW, but not Jan 15, so some of my predictions may be rendered useless by the weekly booking changes.

-The Bar over Seth Rollins & Jason Jordan
(although...wouldn't be surprised if they continue the Bar's losing streak, eventually leading to Cesaro/Sheamus becoming a "best of 14")

-Styles retains over Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn

-Lesnar retains over Braun Strowman & Kane
(I know I'm beating a dead horse, but, really: KANE in a top match in 2018?)

-Women's Rumble-- I'm actually thinking Nia Jax wins.

-Men's Rumble-- Yeah, probably Roman Reigns. I was thinking/hoping Samoa Joe, but he teased something with John Cena on RAW. So I see those two eliminating each other.

-Usos over Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin

-Enzo Amore retains in "asshole fashion" over Cedric Alexander. Since Enzo dropped the belt to Kalisto, recently, I'm thinking he needs one program where he retains throughout. Also, Cedric's push doesn't have the oomph usually surrounding their top CW contender. Even Jack Gallagher had more, last year.

Yeah, I pick all the champs to retain, just to keep the attention on the Rumble Winners.
All I remember from 2016 is Triple H winning and Roman taking an extended break. I probably enjoyed watching it live with Viceroy Virus.

The Bar over Seth and Jason.

Styles over Owens/Sami.

Usos over Gable and Benjamin.

Enzo retains.

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
ho ho who the hell are you?
[ *  *  * ]
Reigns wins both Rumbles because he needs another notch in the belt.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Based on one of the Uso's getting caught with a DWI, I change my pick to Gable and Benjamin.
Edited by SamoaRowe, Jan 17 2018, 06:14 AM.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
Mad Dog
Jan 16 2018, 07:17 PM
Reigns wins both Rumbles because he needs another notch in the belt.
Unless he gets caught up in that steroid scandal.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredkonuwa/2018/01/17/wwes-roman-reigns-implicated-in-10-million-steroid-ring/#50921f6c33b4

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
SamoaRowe
Jan 17 2018, 03:23 AM
Based on one of the Uso's getting caught with a DWI, I change my pick to Gable and Benjamin.
Yeah, that is usually a jobbing.

Mad Dog
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
That's just a rumor that they will ignore that will blow up in their faces post Mania when Reigns has the belt.

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
I had a dream last night that Stephanie entered the Women's Rumble in her Summerslam 2014 attire and won the damn thing.

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
1 week to go

Still have no clue who is winning either rumble. No clear cut choice for either one which is good.

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
With Reigns dropping the IC title, just last night, that makes me think he's now "freed up" to win the Rumble and challenge Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania. At the very least, his chances of winning the Rumble have probably increased.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · World Wrestling Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply