Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Da Wrestling Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
WWE TV and Network Talk 2018
Topic Started: Jan 8 2018, 02:40 PM (721 Views)
Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
I'm Big E and I tell it like it is
[ *  *  * ]
To start off the year, they've added a butt-load of Mid-Atlantic from the early 80's!
<!---Hit Paydirt with K-Dirt--->
DWS Apparel Store- Buy. Consume. Obey.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Hart Foundation
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
It's about time. We've been waiting for some more new stuff.
Posted Image

torturedsoulv1
true maharajah Jinder Mahal
[ *  *  * ]
I started watching wrestling in '83

So while I'm sure I watched some of these mid atlantics already when they first aired, I'll definitely check it out

If they have '84 on there, those I definitely saw most of them. '83 probably not as it was mostly WWF my 1st year

Scrooge McSuck
I'll get you next time, toilet!
[ *  *  * ]
In preparation for the upcoming Royal Rumble, I went back and rewatched the Rumble Match from last year. Notes and Tidbits!

- 1 year later, the Enzo and Cass act is dead, Enzo is the king of 205 Live, and NO, I’M NOT MAKING THAT UP.

- How does Jack Gallagher make sense as a participant? He’s confined to the Cruiserweight Division, he’s not allowed to compete with the real stars! Oh wait, the Mary Poppins spot… it was worth it.

Watching live, it was awkward how they cut away from the bigger guys entering. Then it came out on social media that they were carted to the ring. That was a long ramp. Long.

Braun Strowman gets the big monster push, eliminating Mojo Rawley, Kalisto, Big Cass, and Mark Henry, followed by the Big Show, James Ellsworth, and Tye Dillinger. 1 year later, Braun has somehow become the wet dream of “hardcore” fans.

Remember when fans “greeted” Big Show with “please retire” chants? Bunch of marks suddenly act like he’s their favorite throughout 2017.

Speaking of James Ellsworth, Dean Ambrose paying off their storyline by suckering him into the hands of Braun? Worth it. 1 year later, Ellsworth is gone, but the character had run its course and you couldn’t ask for more than what he gave in his year with the company.

Speaking of Tye Dillinger, him coming out at #10 will always be awesome. At the time, he was a member of the NXT Roster. His call-up hasn’t done much for him, but hey, it was a payoff to over a decade of trying to “make it.”

Kofi’s big spot is falling onto the top of the new ring post and hanging on, getting minimal reaction. Time to retire the “OMG near elimination” spot, IMO.

All 3 New Day members enter the match and can’t eliminate ONE person? There’s no reason for stables to be in the Rumble, all at the same time, and NOT take advantage of their odds. See also: The Nation in 1998 among countless examples of teams/stables having the numbers game.

Speaking of played out spots, Cesaro swinging everyone in site gets little reaction until he teases it on his own teammate (Sheamus). Again, time to retire the spot, IMO.

The destruction of the Wyatt Family continues, as Harper nails Wyatt with a discus clothesline, a spot so nice they did it twice (once here, and again later that week on Smackdown). 1 year later, Harper is repackaged as… Harper, and don’t even ask about what happened with Bray and Orton.

Brock Lesnar murders Enzo. #LOL

Seriously, the “laying around playing dead” spot really becomes annoying for the last 4-5 entrants. I know a lot of them take a big move here and there, but it’s borderline ridiculous.

Roman Reigns is #30. Vince McMahon loves trolling people. CONFIRMED.

Smackdown Superstars are only credited with THREE of the 29 eliminations.

I just realized Seth Rollins wasn’t in the Rumble for storyline reasons. I know, you know, everyone knows it was going to be Seth vs. Hunter at Mania, but give us that one little extra piece of main event potential to fill the match.

Overall, I still consider this an above average Royal Rumble Match. The lull in the middle hurts things, but it’s bookended by good storytelling and decent use of the roster. Far from a classic, and probably not a Rumble that’ll be remembered among the best of all time, but far from the worst some people claim it is.
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
My takeaway from Raw...

Braun manhandles Maggle Cole, and THE CURB STOMP IS BACK~!
Posted Image

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
The women's royal rumble mini promos. Mandy rose is awful. As in worse than bayley on the mic awful. Dana Brooke I like her analytics gimmick. Hers was the best.

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Dana seem to really be embracing her "Alexandra York 2018" role. Rather have her doing that than her random wrestling character.

To add on to the Enzo/Brock spot from last year's Rumble, I loved Corey Graves' commentary during that. Something like: "yes! RUN to the ring, Enzo! Hurry!" Shades of Bobby Heenan or Paul E.

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
Agreed, Graves' PBP for that spot was top tier. He genuinely sounds like he detests Enzo with every fiber of his being, and basked in his unfortunate luck of having to face Brock.
Posted Image

SamoaRowe
Member Avatar
dWb Superstar
[ *  *  * ]
So, I've seen reports that tickets to the Manhattan Center version of Raw last night went for as high as 500 dollars a pop...

That is insanity. Based on my skimming the results, that means they were treated to a few in-person appearances by legends, some short, low quality matches, and lots and lots of down time watching the Barclays Center on a screen.

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
Raw needed to be 4 hours. 2 hours from each location without jumping back and forth. That's one issue I had with the show, among others.
Posted Image

Erick Von Erich
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Well, tickets to "Hamilton" are listing here at $2,150 each....so on that scale, RAW is a steal!

I was going to track this down for a watch, but I think I'll pass. There's only so many times I can get excited with: "hey, there's _____! Haven't seen him in awhile!"

Wait... did I read right that BROTHER LOVE was one of the "Superstars" they brought back? I'm guessing CM Punk wasn't in the "Parade of Superstars"?

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
SamoaRowe
Jan 23 2018, 05:51 AM
So, I've seen reports that tickets to the Manhattan Center version of Raw last night went for as high as 500 dollars a pop...

That is insanity. Based on my skimming the results, that means they were treated to a few in-person appearances by legends, some short, low quality matches, and lots and lots of down time watching the Barclays Center on a screen.
More than that

My wife was going to surprise me with tix. But she didn't know what to do when the show was at two places. Then she saw the prices at manhattan center and said no way. Think some were going for 1,000

She said Barclays was more normal prices but since manhattan center was that much higher she assumed the Barclays part wasn't going to be as good

She's not a wrestling fan. When she told me about the tix stuff a few weeks ago I told her that the manhattan center was raw's home the first year. But yeah 1,000 per for good seats wasn't worth it.

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Erick Von Erich
Jan 23 2018, 11:01 AM
Well, tickets to "Hamilton" are listing here at $2,150 each....so on that scale, RAW is a steal!

I was going to track this down for a watch, but I think I'll pass. There's only so many times I can get excited with: "hey, there's _____! Haven't seen him in awhile!"

Wait... did I read right that BROTHER LOVE was one of the "Superstars" they brought back? I'm guessing CM Punk wasn't in the "Parade of Superstars"?
I forgot that Prichard was let go by Impact six months ago until I read a few weeks ago brother love would be at the show

Scrooge McSuck
[ *  *  * ]
Sami Zayn pinned A.J. Styles with the Blue Thunder Bomb. Hell froze over. What next, Baron Corbin wins a match with Deep Six?
Posted Image

torturedsoulv1
[ *  *  * ]
Watching 25th anniversary of Raw now. Holy shit Jason Jordan. Man he's a lot better on the mic than he used to be. Drink in the boos man.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · World Wrestling Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply