Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Digitally Downloaded. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
3DS thread; Games + Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 20 2011, 11:35 AM (1,081 Views)
Layton
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
WaltzIT
Jul 3 2011, 10:35 PM
It saddens me that it's still so inferior compared to the other consoles

It saddens me as well. One thing they could do is pick a category and stay with it. Perhaps allow us to change the icon sizes like the main menu in which case I have the 3x5 layout. I know having 10 is much better than the 2 per page DSi gave us but just having it in one line is tedious for a touch screen *snobby nose is turned up right now* Also, being able to hit B for backing out of screen shots would be nice but here I was just talking up the touch screen and now I want button use :ph43r: and where are the 3DSware games? The Armidilo / Tower Defense / 3D person adventure game "The Rolling Western" looks rough on the graphics but fun on the gameplay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1QxU19CFTE but that's only one. I'm greedy lol. I even want the The Last Specter and The Mask of Miracle to be released the same time!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Scypher
No Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
It pains me to say that Mega Man Legends 3 for 3DS has been cancelled. :( Between this and Mega Man Legends not being able to hit PSN due to liscensing, it's a bit sad to be a Mega Man Legends fan right now.
Xbox Live: ScypherEX | PSN: zssshadow | 3DS: 5026-4425-3089

ITChocobo
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah, that's a pity - and a real shame that the 3DS is already starting to slip when it comes to 3rd Party support (EA's also cancelled a few projects).

I'm going to throw this right out there, without any evidence to back it up, but I reckon Nintendo's charging too much for licensing for its new console. I think that the company has become a bit arrogant, and has forgotten that 4 million or so 3DS' worldwide is not much, and not many publishers are going to be willing to pay anything but dirt cheap licensing prices.

Again, I have no real proof for this, but it's the only reason I can think that Nintendo's not getting much 3rd party support as yet.
Posted Image

Layton
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
It is taking awhile for the 3DS to get to a fast pace but I hope Nintendo isn't trying to take advantage of the 3rd parties :unsure: They could be charging a lot for licensing fee or they don't invest / help / contribute to 3rd parties as much as 3rd parties feel Nintendo should? Perhaps both.

So I downloaded Netflix and played an episode of X-Men B) seems to be working fine but what do you expect from a streaming service that is already found on everything else haha. I had thought the Nintendo Video service for NA wasn't coming till later but lo and behold there it was the other day! Came with 4 vids all in 3D :D It didn't come out on Thursday though so does this mean it'll have it's own schedule for new content? I have it set to update whenever it can so we'll see.

Layton
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
It's always fun to get freebies. Store credit would have been okay too but exclusive gba virtual console games are a bonus. 10 nes and 10 gba games is a good deal for a steep price cut. Best part of the news with the 170 price point is that now the WiiU won't have to base it's initial price on the 250 3DS.

darth_careful
No Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I'm also pretty happy with Nintendo's announcement. I haven't really gotten to grips with my 3DS really - I've maybe only had 10 or so hours with it - but 20 free games seems a fair deal to me.

ITChocobo
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
I've got my fingers crossed for Fire Emblem to be one of those games.

And toes.

BTW, what is everyone's Friend Codes? I'll add you all: I'm 4210-4008-4056
Posted Image

Scypher
No Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I'm quite happy with the selection of games announced for the package. Yoshi's Island alone is probably worth the $80 to me, since it's the best version of my favorite game on any system. As Waltz said, I hope either of the Fire Emblems appear, perhaps with Golden Sun or Mario & Luigi.

All these games might distract me from the holiday retail releases though. :huh: Some games in the selection are light on content, but others are very, very meaty.

Chalgyr
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
As someone who held out, the 20 free games sounds awesome - but I think I'll go the $80 off route, if I pick it up at all - but I tell you what, I'm strongly, STRONGLY considering it now, hehe.
Posted Image

Scypher
No Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
If THIS scan is to be believed, the 3DS is going dual-stick. Take it with a grain of salt, but major news outlets are reporting it as confirmed.

Some are saying it's just for Monster Hunter.

ITChocobo
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
Scypher
Sep 7 2011, 04:50 AM
If THIS scan is to be believed, the 3DS is going dual-stick. Take it with a grain of salt, but major news outlets are reporting it as confirmed.

Some are saying it's just for Monster Hunter.

It's a good thing, I think. Dual analogue controls are pretty standard these days, and the 3DS does lack without them.
Posted Image

Chalgyr
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
According to IGN it's just an additional peripheral:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/119/1192682p1.html

Posted Image

Scypher
No Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah, it could be useful for a lot of non-first party stuff. It has a lot of potential depending on what its fate is, but I guess we'll have to wait for the formal announcement in 3 days.

Also, just beat Star Fox 64 3D. It's the same old good game but with better graphics and...that's about it. :P I think it translated better to Ocarina of Time because that was a lengthier and much meatier game, but this one seems like a missed opportunity. When you're remaking a score-based game, you could be adding all kinds of extraneous options and stuff, but there's not much here. It's still plenty of fun, though.

Chalgyr
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
See, Star Fox was a game I loved on the 64 but... I beat it the same weekend. The replay value just wasn't there, which was something I worried about with the 3DS version.

There was quite an interesting article on another site, talking about how this new stick peripheral could mean that Nintendo has to come out with a new 3DS or marketing strategy soon, since they believe most developers are really going to want to make use of the addon
Posted Image

turtle
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I really think Nintendo should have released the 3DS in November where we could have Ocarina, Starfox, Mario, the eshop all available at or around launch.
Posted Image

darth_careful
No Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Chalgyr
Sep 11 2011, 01:59 AM
See, Star Fox was a game I loved on the 64 but... I beat it the same weekend. The replay value just wasn't there, which was something I worried about with the 3DS version.

I really fancy Star Fox, as I've never played it before. Lack of funds prevents me though; I'm saving for Sengoku and Take on Helicopters. There are too many games out there!

ITChocobo
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
So I checked my most played list the other day, and shockingly, Samurai Warriors Chronicles has been unseated!

By Pokemon Rumble :) Great game. Rate it highly.

Zen Pinball is my most played downloadable game, and it'll likely hit #1 in the near future.
Posted Image

Sgt. Frog
Member Avatar
Kero Kero
[ *  *  * ]
Funny, I just got Samurai Warriors Chronicles yesterday, and played it up till the new year. It's a very fun game, I like the history (even though I didn't pay it much attention), and the missions make the story mode worth playing through. Oh, and thank heavens for Japanese voice acting instead of horrible english voices!
"Ask not what your Gundam can do for you, ask what you can do for your Gundam"
--Sgt. Keroro

Iobham
No Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I bought one about two days ago. It came with super monkey ball and I bought Mario Kart 7 for it

ITChocobo
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
Iobham
Jan 2 2012, 04:20 AM
I bought one about two days ago. It came with super monkey ball and I bought Mario Kart 7 for it
What's your Friend Code, Iobham? We can be buddies!

Mine is 4210-4008-4056

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Retail only · Next Topic »
Add Reply