Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Dominions 5 Mods. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Warhammer Chaos Undivided v 0.84
Topic Started: May 24 2010, 08:42 PM (11,803 Views)
Diceman
*Spicy* Crew
I've taken the liberty of doing a very complete update of the Chaos Undivided mod v 0.55 by Panpiper. I've made changes pretty much everywhere to unit stats, costs, equipment, and spells. The most major change is that the lords of chaos are now summoned units, and are not recruitable at the capital. Hopefully, this makes the nation a little less dependent on its capital and makes the various types of Lords (Other than Tzeentch) more likely to see use.

Thanks to Sensori and Sombre for adding several new sprites to the mod and fixing some of the graphics.

Download mod here.

Newest version of the .dm

This mod should be MC compatible.

Preview images of all units.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tcon
Markata
I'm making an updated graphic for the bloodthirster for myself which should be done in a few days. If you want i can send it to you to include in the mod.

Diceman
*Spicy* Crew
That would be great.

<span style=Burnsaber</span>
Member Avatar
A Flaming Tool
Diceman,May 24 2010
08:42 PM

I'm absolutely terrible at graphical work, so I'd appreciate any suggestions for what might be done to fix things. I'd really prefer having the Champion of Chaos Undivided be mounted. Is there any easy way to make the awesome sprite preview graphics I see in the best mod threads, or am I going to have to do that by hand?

Don't know about anyone else, but I do my sprite preview picks by hand. It doesn't take as long as it would seem. 30mins to 1 hour usually depending on the amount of pics.

Once the graph previews are up, I could give you some suggestions on some easy frankensteins.

Diceman
*Spicy* Crew
Uploaded a new version with research levels corrected.

Diceman
*Spicy* Crew
Added a preview image of all recruitable units.

<span style=Burnsaber</span>
Member Avatar
A Flaming Tool
I took a quick look at the graphic folder and I can understand why you only showed the recruitable units in the preview, most of the summon graphics seem to be placeholders. I could help, but I'm sort of busy with other projects at the moment, so unless you want to wait, well.. forever, you could try take a shot at these yourself.

Here are some suggestions to frankenstein some new sprites for the demons (going by the order in the graphic folder). Simple recolors should suffice for most parts and those are pretty easy. Just "select" the graphic (select the backround by color and then reverse the selection Cntr + I) and then use the tools under the "color" (talking about GIMP here).

Blue Horror: I think the current placeholder is a step in the right direction. I'd probably try to combine (MA) Atlantian Scout (since he is naked and isn't holding anything), recolor it to blue and attach the front of the aboleth spawn as a head. You could then copy-paste some tectacles from aboleths/foul spawn and make them come from the back of the thing.

Chaos Spawn: Again, the palceholder is in the right track. Needs more tentacles though and more mutated parts. I'd move its face lower, in to the stomach. Cut the other hand in half and make a tenctacle grow out of it. Those spikes it has growing on it's back are cool. Perhaps we could fill the whole top of the beast in those spikes. The you could take parts of other sprties and just mix them on random parts of the graphic. Like a arm growing out of its knee or something (the seam between the copy-pasted parts will show, but you can use the "smudge" tool to make it blend in)

Chaos Fury: This will be easy. Take the Mazzik sprite and recolor it to black. If you want to make the recolor a bit less obvious, you could use the attack sprite of the Mazzik as a base sprite so that it would seem like the beasts are flying.

Plaguebearer: The nurgle units are tough, have to admit. I kind of dislike this one because the unit is equipped with a battleaxe but the graphic doesn't show it. I'd probably go with recoloring and tinkering with the "Kelp Men" I made for UWGIM (see the prewiev pic).

Flesh Hound & Warhound: These have custom graphics at the moment, but IMHO, they're not that good. I'd probabyl rather go with a re-colored Barghest for Flesh hound and recolored Black Dog for the Warhound.

Diceman
*Spicy* Crew
Those are good ideas, thanks. I'll work on it some more once my home computer gets fixed.

rdonj
Member Avatar
Communist Spy
Suggestion - change the h3 units to just #onebattlespell divine bless. There's really no other reason for them to have h3 anyway. It would just be weird to see a greater demon preaching, and would prevent the h3s from being used for blood sacrificing. Also, please consider giving a #onebattlespell normal bless to lords and or champions, since otherwise it is ridiculously hard to bless them. That way it would be more like the random blessings of the chaos gods deciding to help them or not, too :)

I like a number of the changes you've made, although gem costs for lords and units may need re-evaluated in comparison to one another. I personally would probably never cast the demon summoning spells right now, with how easily available and powerful the chaos lords are.
Easy Slay (tm).

rdonj
Member Avatar
Communist Spy
I've noticed also that you changed all the champions down to 100 gold. I think you're probably going to want to bump at least one of the champions back up a bit though... the champion of tzeentch. As it stands, they seem to be the most cost efficient researchers right now, and for just 100 gold you can wind up with an s4 mage.... They are easily the best 100 gold sacred mage dominions has ever seen.

I also think that the new chariots are undercosted in comparison to chaos cavalry. The cavalry is a bit more survivable, but the chariots are just insanely good right now. Only 5 more gold and 4 fewer resources for a chariot as opposed to the cavalry. I don't think there's any contest :( At the old cost though I'm pretty sure chariots were very close to unusable. Not sure where you want to go for a good balance there.
Easy Slay (tm).

Diceman
*Spicy* Crew
I wasn't sure about the chariots or the champion costs. I'm sure you're right about the Tzeentch champion. Since the chariots have a secondshape now, they can probably cost more too. I definitely think that the commanders need a #onebattle bless too.

Kheldron
Member Avatar
*Spicy* Crew
Making the demons summons is a great idea but I agree with rdonj the lords are just too attractive to summon the lesser versions right now.

I can't make Chaos blessed work. Is it me or it doesn't do anything right now?

Zargen
Pretender God
pink and blue horrors seem to be broken. All they have is fist as their weapon :/

Diceman
*Spicy* Crew
Chaos blessed should be summoning one foul spawn per level of blood magic. I'll check it out once I get my computer back up and running.

There was a spelling mistake on the blue horror, but the pink horror should have chaos fire and flames of tzeentch as its weapons.

rdonj
Member Avatar
Communist Spy
I just realized demons need to eat! That's something I should have noticed... a long time ago. Anyway, I think warhammer demons probably should not need to eat. Also demon princes have both recuperation and immortality... they don't need the recuperation, and the icon adds clutter, so that can go. And nurgle demons should probably just be demons, instead of having both undead and demon tags. I don't think demons care about diseases either, so they should be fine, unless I am forgetting something.
Easy Slay (tm).

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mods · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Skin created by Nikku from Zathyus Networks Resources