Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Dominions 5 Mods. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension Announced!; Let the Frenzy Begin!
Topic Started: Jun 18 2013, 10:50 AM (18,261 Views)
Edi
Member Avatar
*Spicy* Crew
http://www.illwinter.com/

Quote:

18th June 2013 - Dominions 4 is under development
Dominions 4 is under development and it has now got a web page here that hasn't got any useful information yet, but it will come.

EDIT: Modified thread title for better search engine results
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sombre
Member Avatar
Leader of the Community
Interesting. It would be cool to know what their design ideas are.
I mod for free and fun. But if you want to tip me for work I've done, you can do so through PayPal to rabbitoflegend@gmail.com
General Mods: No PopType Recruitment (NI), No Mercs
Mod Nations: Warhammer Empire, Warhammer Lizardmen, Warhammer Skaven, Warhammer Chaos Dwarfs, Warhammer Ogre Kingdoms
Maps: Warhammer World
Older mods not yet ported: AI Recruitment, Ulm Reborn, Black Ulm, Jomon Broken, Avernum, Tharoon, Arga Dis, Daikaiju, Epic Magic Fail, Dromeda

Edi
Member Avatar
*Spicy* Crew
As soon as Johan gives permission, you guys will get to know all about it. I've been part of the beta since November and Calahan since the beginning of April.

And I assure you, it rocks.

GFSnl
Member Avatar
*Spicy* Crew
Wow! Great!

I hope it comes with extended mod capabilities. :)
Give my Mods a try:
MA: Myconos, Last of the Fungi
MA: Red Wood, Burning Forest
EA: Dystopia, Land of Luck

Edi
Member Avatar
*Spicy* Crew
Somewhat, but initial modding capability increases will be limited to updating existing commands to reflect mechanics changes and adding certain new commands to account for new basic mechanics. More will undoubtedly be added in patches.

llamabeast
*Spicy* Crew
Wow!!

Maerlande
Member Avatar
Dom 5 Beta Team
Edi,Jun 18 2013
05:07 AM
As soon as Johan gives permission, you guys will get to know all about it. I've been part of the beta since November and Calahan since the beginning of April.

And I assure you, it rocks.

God damn it! That bastard Calahan! All that bug reporting and email Johan got him in the beta!

Sure I know how you got there Edi :) That's obvious. I am SO jealous.
FAQ
Dom4mods FAQ

My Dominions 4 Guides and Videos:
Pretender Design and Analysis
Maerlande's Videos

My Nickname Source
The Maerlande Chronicles

Deathjester
Member Avatar
*Spicy* Crew
Cool! Very very curious to hear more about it.
Check out my mods:
The Empire of the Fallen based on Steven Erikson's books (Dom4):
Malazan Empire
Amazon Tribes United - Feminye, The War Cult (Dom 4):
LA Feminye
High Elves based on the Warhammer HE (Dom 4):
High Elves

llamabeast
*Spicy* Crew
Do we have any indication of the timescale? Is it nearly done? Or a year+ away?

Edi
Member Avatar
*Spicy* Crew
It was version 3.69 in November. Current development is 3.93. So that's 6 more subversions to 3.99, then letters a-z to add to that if it needs more work. So it's a lot more done than it was a few months ago.

Problem being that new sprites for a lot of stuff are a bottleneck. Since everything old is getting new sprites, for starters. I loves me the new King of the Deep sprite, for example, because that old one is Dom1 vintage, Dom2 at best.

Then again, Kristoffer just started his summer holiday, so...

chelubey
*Spicy* Crew
Super-mega-wonderful news!

Sombre
Member Avatar
Leader of the Community
Edi/Calahan: Can you let Illwinter know they are welcome to use any sprites I've made (there are a few which may be of interest in the sprite update mod, like the archdevils and elementals etc). There are no issues of ownership because I relinquish all rights to them.

I would also love to contribute further spriting stuff.

I'm sure they'll say no, but I thought I'd offer.
I mod for free and fun. But if you want to tip me for work I've done, you can do so through PayPal to rabbitoflegend@gmail.com
Mod Nations: Warhammer Empire, Warhammer Lizardmen, Warhammer Skaven, Warhammer Chaos Dwarfs, Warhammer Ogre Kingdoms
Older mods not yet ported: AI Recruitment, Ulm Reborn, Black Ulm, Jomon Broken, Avernum, Tharoon, Arga Dis, Daikaiju, Epic Magic Fail, Dromeda

Edi
Member Avatar
*Spicy* Crew
I'll let them know. Thank you, Sombre! :)

Calahan is dealing with RL issues at the moment, so we're not likely to see a whole lot of him for a while, so you should relay any messages through me for now.

Sombre
Member Avatar
Leader of the Community
This is the original sprite upgrade mod thread, for reference.

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=707

I think they all got folded into CBM at some point. Like I said in the thread I think it was 80% KO work (from CoE) 30% Sombre work.

Sombre
Member Avatar
Leader of the Community
Edi,Jun 18 2013
01:49 PM
Maerlande,Jun 18 2013
12:55 PM
Let's hope that Dom4 is being made on a core of common elements so we can use 3rd party tools to mod just like now with maps and text editors.

Dominions 4 modding is essentially unchanged from Dom3 except for a few particulars. It's still text editor + paint program. The unix newline requirement has been scrapped and -- works as comments for real now (so anything after -- on any line is ignored).

This is superb news. One of the best things I could hope to hear about dom4 because it means all the mods will transfer over (with tweaks).

Kudos to IW for that decision. Don't fix what ain't broke.

-- from the other thread

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Skin created by Nikku from Zathyus Networks Resources