Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Fugitive Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hydraulic Clutch Slave Cylinder?; Where can I source a replacement?
Topic Started: Mar 10 2007, 10:39 AM (3,365 Views)
jhullock
[ * ]
I have a Fug 2 with a fairly standard 1600 VW engine. However, it does not have the standard cable clutch, but a hydraulic clutch, with a master cylinder behind the pedal and a slave cylinder controlling the clutch lever. The problem is the slave cylinder has split and needs replacing, but I haven't the faintest idea where to start looking to find a replacement! I have tried GSF but no-one recognised it. It is made by AP and the number on the side is DB07MJ606A. Can anyone help me find a replacement? I don't mind if I have to use a different one and make a new bracket. The one that split is plastic, so I wouldn't mind finding a metal replacement!

Regards Jonathan
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Knighty
Fuggin' chats like a robot
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi Johnathon........sounds like AP racing.......go to this web site

http://www.apracing.com/

You will need to know the bore size of the slave cylinder, ideally some part numbers, as I dare say there will be several sizes to confuse the matter - get the wrong one and it will all go pete tong

so where are you based?........is the fug-2 road legal?........is there any chance of you coming to Stoneleigh kit car show in early may - see the post in the events section - there will be 8 fugs present.

have you got any pictures you can post in the gallery section?

jhullock
[ * ]
Hi Knighty

Thank you for your prompt reply to my post.

I have now emailed AP Racing to see if they can help me - thank you for the link.

I am sure you know my Fug 2. I bought it last year off a guy in Cardiff called Mark, but I believe it was originally owned by a forum member called Steve-T. It is the yellow one with the black chequers on the side.

Regarding Stoneleigh, I am actually trying to get the Fug up together for its MOT before I try and sell it! I just haven't used it due to a lack of time because of a change of job!

I will list the car on the forum first, before trying to sell her on Ebay.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Jonathan

Knighty
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
well wadya know - its had some owners that fug-2 now :rolleyes: ......as its properly registered as a Q-plate and I dare say the V5 wording is correct, you should get a decent price for it, as it will not need SVA

Steve-T spent a lot of money on it sorting out a lot of bad problems, and I believe its a well sorted car now, the windscreen, suspension and engine running were all sorted just before he sold it......If I was looking for a fug 2 I'd buy it now.......but I aint!......

personally I'd use ebay as a last resort........steve had particular fun and games with all the usual "richard-heads" asking to buy it early for a silly price.

advertise on these first

like you said - here!
www.volkzone.com
www.pistonheads.co.uk
www.beachbuggy.org.uk
the samba?

your selling at the right time (just before summer) so it will go quick I'm sure

streetfighterfug4
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
If you don't get any joy with the A.P. type cylinder,you could always try Jamar in the states,just fitted a set of their pedals to my fug4 and the slave cylinder uses the origional gearbox mount,nice looking bit of kit too.If memory serves right the slave on its own is about $65.00 plus shipping.Well worth it tho ;)

jamarperformance.com

Alternatly try CIP1.COM if not looking for billet effect,the part number is;

C19-SC-1 - STANDARD JAMAR SLAVE CYLINDER REPLACEMENT @ $56.95 + postage
:)

kevinlvy
[ * ]
been combing my area for a replacement of this part but to no avail.

when i show them the split part they start scratching their heads and don't know what to do, seeing the links above and the one posted above me have given me new shops to look for the parts. these clutch slave cylinders are a pain when they are ruined, my fug haven't tasted the pavement these last few weeks.

Currently i am waiting for them to arrive and install them soon might also post some pics. cheers everyone.

gtmdriver
Member Avatar
Fuggin' Crazy
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It could be a Wilwood cylinder from Rally Design. I've got one to fit to my car.

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info....roducts_id=4080

100bob
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I replaced my clutch slave and fiddle brake cylinders with parts from Rallydesign, good service and good prices. Mine turned out to be Landrover slave for the clutch and Hillman Imp clutch slaves for the fiddle brakes. They had no problems identifying them.

« Previous Topic · Engine and Gearbox · Next Topic »
Add Reply