Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Fugitive Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
EFI Conversion (Part 1)
Topic Started: Apr 8 2016, 06:37 PM (336 Views)
gtmdriver
Member Avatar
Fuggin' Crazy
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Even when I was building my Fugitive II it had always been my intention to convert it to EFI. I need to learn about fuel injection for my freelance work as a technical journalist and I thought that the best way to learn would be to actually do it.

I spent quite a while collecting all the parts I thought I would need but I started the conversion in earnest a couple of months ago.

I had been running with twin ICT 34 Weber carbs and an electronic distributor so they had to come off first.

Posted Image

I also pulled the distributor drive and had a blanking plug machined up to block the hole.

Posted Image

The EFI conversion uses standard VW twin port manifolds converted, by Dan ST Engineering, to take Ford Focus injectors using off-the-shelf injector bungs from TriggerWheels.

Posted Image

The throttle body is from a BWM R1200 motorcycle. I chose this for its ease of fitting and the fact that it had an idle air control valve fitted.

Posted Image

I cut and mitred the tubing for the manifold but had it professionally welded as I can't weld alloy.

Posted Image

I mounted the filter on an aftermarket alloy bend and also fitted the intake air temperature sensor and the engine breather into the same tube.

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Engine and Gearbox · Next Topic »
Add Reply