Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Fugitive Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Frame tubes
Topic Started: Mar 19 2017, 02:18 PM (478 Views)
JohnTheSparky
[ *  * ]
Hello, I've got a fugitive 4

At some point I have been led to believe it had a v8 fitted,
Which involved someone butchering the rear frame tubes.

Could someone take a photo of the frame at the back of their fugitive, please
Ideally a fug4, but I imagine a 2 would be helpful if not,

This is what I have at the minute

Posted Image

I'm guessing there is a tube from near the framehead up to the corner around the engine, with possibly a couple of tubes tying into it, then a removable frame under the engine (?)

This is an indication of the care taken in the past!

Posted Image

Thanks

John
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

gtmdriver
Member Avatar
Fuggin' Crazy
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Here's my Fugitive 2

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The bars running under the engine are bolt on and were an optional extra. they're no longer fitted on mine.

JohnTheSparky
[ *  * ]
Thanks,

I've got some extra tubes it seems.

I have marked in red the tubes I think I might need to add,

Posted Image

The cradle under the engine had been modified but that should be fairly easy to sort.

But there are diagonal tubes running up from the frame fork to the back with braces. These are powder coated which is what confuses me, but I think they may be in the way of the exhausts. As we will be running a buggy system (like the one in your photo)

Posted Image

gtmdriver
Member Avatar
Fuggin' Crazy
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As I said the under engine tubes are only bolt on and I'm not using them. I wanted to use the standard Beetle exhaust system and cooling system including the thermostat with its ducting and the under engine bars fouled both these so I didn't fit them.

They're not a structural part of the chassis. They're more for engine protection and passer by protection from the VW fan etc.

« Previous Topic · Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply