Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Go4prepaid. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
roaming update code for tracfone/cma on Verison?
Topic Started: Jul 22 2008, 07:50 PM (7,954 Views)
John
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Hey folks whats the code for updating roaming on my Tracfone 2126i on verizon wireless I forgot what it was?

Reason i want to update they are asking me for area codes on locals call now so i want to key it see if that fixes it.

John
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Turk
Member Avatar
TURKAMANIA
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
* John....I dont know exactly what you mean...

* However, you could dial *22891 (Star 22891) on your phone to see if that helps?.. ;)

*Turk B)

John
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Turk
Jul 22 2008, 08:30 PM
* John....I dont know exactly what you mean...

* However, you could dial *22891 (Star 22891) on your phone to see if that helps?.. ;)

*Turk B)
That's it THanks,
John

Ian
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
*228 gets you t a menu where you can program the phone or update roaming capability on all CDMA carriers except Sprint. Tracfone doesn't use Sprint for any of their service so *228 will always update roaming info if you have a CDMA (no SIM) phone.

That said, I doubt that it'll solve your 10-digit dialing problem. The only thing *228 does is make sure the phone has the right phone number programmed into it, and has the most current list of towers\"system IDs" to connect to as home or roaming service. Oh, and the list *can* tell the phone *not* to connect to certain systems (usually because of competition or bad roaming rates etc.).

The cool thing about Sprint (contract) is, to my knowledge, there's no "outlawed" systems on the PRL (preferred roaming list, what you get when you update via *228 or *22891 etc.) so if there's a CDMA signal you can use it :)

John
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
That's correct it didnt solve me having to dial an area code for a local number..I could swear it was working before though! Oh well.

« Previous Topic · General Cellular Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply

The Light Fantastic

Copyright 2007-2014 Go4Prepaid Forums. All Rights Reserved.