Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Go4prepaid. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Boost IDEN Unlimited
Topic Started: Jan 8 2009, 10:19 PM (4,880 Views)
Ian
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I can check. That seems a bit high for a $50 card, in terms of commission...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

offthegrid
[ *  * ]
That's what I gleamed off this picture of the 2009 phone rollout etc looks like its for dealers

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadgetmobile.com/media/2009/01/boost-2009-slide-1-sm.jpg

The 'Banfi' if its what I think it is will address some data issues since it will work will wifi and the 465 texting phone looks good for $110. Boost has never addressed such a wide user audience with handsets like this before, they must have taken some old Moto ideas and okayed them.

It would be nice if the 'Banfi' had a qwerty.
Edited by offthegrid, Feb 2 2009, 12:40 AM.

Ian
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks for posting that lineup. Could you link to where it said the Banfi would have WiFi connectivity? Thx

offthegrid
[ *  * ]
Sorry Ian thats just a guess with the 'fi' in the name. It may not have it at all.

BTW If Boost doesn't dump me then they won't dump anyone. I've been banging out more than 400 minutes a day average since I signed up. I had some fast busy issues Sunday night but otherwise the voice side of this bargain has been dead on. Texting not all its cracked up to be but better than 15 cents each with PP unlimited. Come on 1,000 texts on their unlimited plan is an extra $150 dollars!! For heavy texting the Verizon unlimited with penny texts is cheaper than PP.

I see prepaid unlimited plan pricing falling from Virgin, Net10 and PP adding unlimited text before summer. Maybe some dark horse enters the race also.

BGR seems to have pulled this post but I c&p'd from my Google reader.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/02/16/boost-mobile-unlimited-plan-too-good-to-be-true/

Boost Mobile unlimited plan: Too good to be true?
from The Boy Genius Report by Zach Epstein

Ahh the battle of the unlimited plans. Last month we learned of a new offering from Boost Mobile that seemed as though it would come in as the obvious winner, for those in areas well-covered by Sprint’s iDEN network at least. $50 each month, unlimited everything - or so we thought. As has become an unfortunate commonplace among service providers in various industries, unlimited doesn’t always mean unlimited and Zatz Not Funny! has inadvertently uncovered some troubling verbiage in the terms and conditions tied to Boost’s monthly unlimited plan. While searching for a new wireless broadband service provider, Zatz learned that Boost prohibits “unreasonable” usage and uses familiarly vague language to give the company an out in the event a subscriber is costing it too much money with heavy usage.

So, Boost unlimited subscribers, you should probably be aware that according to Boost’s terms you cannot use your handset to participate on conference calls, exchange an “unusually high” number of messages or place an “abnormally high number of calls”. You also cannot have atypical web usage and your calls cannot be repeatedly of an “unusually long” duration. How many calls are too many? How much web is too much? How many messages constitute an “unusually high” amount? Apparently, that’s for Boost to decide if it chooses to cut you off. Companies have been sued and fined time and time again for these shenanigans and we wouldn’t be surprised if Boost is well on its way to learning that the hard way. Hey Attorney General Cuomo… Where you at?

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Unlimited Service · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright © 2007-2017 Go4Prepaid Forums. All Rights Reserved.