Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Go4prepaid. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TracFone on Page Plus
Topic Started: Jan 31 2009, 01:47 AM (3,418 Views)
The_Sweeper
Member Avatar
Phone Collector Extraordinaire
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, don't go throwing out those old CDMA Tracs just yet. A poster over on HoFo has gotten a Kyocera K126 onto Page Plus.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1490805

This actually stand to reason as most CDMA TracFones use Verizon and Alltel (now Verizon, too).

Might try this myself with an old LG 3280 I have laying around here somewhere...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Walhallan
[ * ]
Did it work? I have a deactivated 3280 I would like to try this on.

Anansy
[ * ]
It is, sadly, impossible to use ANY Tracfone with another service. Activating them often goes fine, but regardless of how many minutes your service gives you, the Tracfone will ALWAYS consult its own minute-count to determine whether it'll allow you to make calls. Once the count reaches zero, it will refuse to make any calls until you do something drastic to it, like flash it.

For instance, most Tracfone GSM Nokias are easily "unlockable" using manufacturer codes. A phone unlocked in that manner will recognize a foreign SIM. But if I were to unlock a Tracfone with, say 20 minutes left on it, it would stop working 20 minutes later, regardless of how much airtime I put on it.

Forget "unlocking" Tracfones. It's impossible without a firmware flash.

« Previous Topic · General Cellular Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Copyright 2007-2017 Go4Prepaid Forums. All Rights Reserved.