Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Go4prepaid. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tracfone's New Web Browser
Topic Started: Mar 10 2009, 09:58 PM (2,934 Views)
BK7725
[ * ]
I just posted this at HF, thought it would be helpful to put it here too.

----------

OK, I was just on their browser and i'll say that its actually pretty interesting. Tracfone uses services from mCore now for their browser.

The news section has updated news - today's top story was on Obama's calls for school funding, a story that happened this morning! The story also included a picture, which you can enlarge to your screen size.

The weather section features national outlooks, local weather by city/zip, and more. New for this section is radar! Yes, Tracfone gave us radar! It is not an animated radar. It features national, regional (statewide), and local (a few counties). It also gives you a 5 day outlook. You can save your city to my cities so you can access it quicker.

There is also a movies page, where you can find your local theater and its showtimes, upcoming movies, and more. You can also save your local theater to my theaters for quick access. From there I found how to get to it, and a map should've loaded. but for some reason it didn't.

They also have a horoscope menu, something that I didn't check out. I also did not look at the downloads menu.

The last option is MyStuff, where you can access your downloads from the site.

And the last major thing I noticed is that there is no more daily or 30 day subscriptions anymore! You can just use unlimited web at .5 units per minute. I spent 7.5 units (15 min) looking at this, and I give this an 'A'! It's worth it, but if you use it too much, your units will go down fast!
Edited by BK7725, Mar 10 2009, 09:59 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Turk
Member Avatar
TURKAMANIA
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
* BK7725 ... thanks for the Info.

* If you hadn't posted this, I'd probably never see it on my phone, for I never go on the Browser anymore.

* So I checked it out on my Moto w376 - and Yes, you are correct, it is much better ... and seems a little faster to?

* I spent about 10 units (or 20 minutes real time) on the phone to check most of it out ... and it's much improved.

* This is good news ... maybe as time goes by, Tracfone/Net10 Browsers will continue to get better and better?.. ;)

Turk B)

Ian
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Seems like the smaller screened phones are reverting to web proxies and walled gardens these days for content. At least the content is pretty good and getting better with Tracfone! Might have to get my brother's w376 and surf around for a bit tomorrow...er...today...

« Previous Topic · General Cellular Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply

The Light Fantastic

Copyright 2007-2014 Go4Prepaid Forums. All Rights Reserved.