Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Oh Black Betty
Topic Started: Aug 26 2007, 10:00 AM (387 Views)
EeePee
Member Avatar
NOSTR Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
Axial Scorpion
The Crawler Store BM9 brushless motor
Castle Creations Mamba 25 ESC
Cheapbatterypacks.com Elite 1500 2/3A battery pack
Airtronics 361 servo
Spektrum DX3 radio

:banana:

Posted Image

Posted Image
old_dog

One of the greatest pleasures I have in life is "letting" PeePee finish better than me at a comp. Trust me, this is difficult to do.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Old Busted Hotness
Member Avatar
I <3 moss
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bam a lam.

I knew yours would be named OBB. As soon as I saw the sticker sheet, I knew you'd do it.

So how's it drive?
Posted Image

Run what ya brung, unless it's your mouth.

MSD Team Driver

EeePee
Member Avatar
NOSTR Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah I was in a hurry to post it, didn't want anyone to grab the name first. Though I haven't posted it on the big motherboard yet. But you guys have seen it first! Bam a lam bang boing bing! Oh Black Betty!

It crawls good, the center clearance is up there, and compared to my low slung dragger, it'll pop up some stuff the other one has to slide and work it's way up. The axles steer a lot as it articulates. And it has a lot of flex and torque twist.

The tires SUCK!!! SUCK SUCK SUCK! Though I put them together with the full foams.

Already pulled the rear upper link ball out of it's mount. My guess is it will be a major problem that needs addressing.

Body rubs too, even as it sits way up there. Which is in the factory spot.

I like it though.
old_dog

One of the greatest pleasures I have in life is "letting" PeePee finish better than me at a comp. Trust me, this is difficult to do.

Old Busted Hotness
Member Avatar
I <3 moss
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, the tires don't get a whole lot better. Geolandar foams seem to work best; lots of sidehill support while letting the tread squish some. But they don't come in the kit, so they'd be illegal for a spec class. You could trim the stockers down, though.

But even with that they're no better than Swamp Dawgs for traction. I'll probably put my set on my mud runner or let the cats have 'em.

Does that link ball thread into the axle, or does the hole go all the way through, so you can substitute a ballstud and longer screw?
Posted Image

MSD Team Driver

EeePee
Member Avatar
NOSTR Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ball goes all the way through. I put a washer on the outside, figuring the washer will keep the whole thing from pulling out.
old_dog

NickRummy
Member Avatar
NOSTR Photographer & Styrene Pimp
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
No better than swamp dawgs? ouch.

Old Busted Hotness
Member Avatar
I <3 moss
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bam a lam, ya know that's no lie.
Posted Image

MSD Team Driver

EeePee
Member Avatar
NOSTR Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMLnDuzgkjo
old_dog

Terminator13
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
EeePee
Aug 28 2007, 12:40 AM

xD I was expecting a video of your AX10. XD

These guys change the song up some.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtqjmuUaYXA...related&search=

EeePee
Member Avatar
NOSTR Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah it's not ready for it's actual public appearance yet.

Then of course I shall layeth down the skills that are one of EP's videos.

Such as this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8D0pKXli6w

:banana:
old_dog

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Comp. 2.2's · Next Topic »
Add Reply