Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Need new tires for the scorpion
Topic Started: Nov 9 2007, 10:38 PM (305 Views)
mhelli1975
NOSTR Newbie
[ *  * ]
I am looking to replace the tires that came on the scorpion because they stink. What are some of the better tires out there. My truck isn't a comp rig yet, battery still mounted high on the chassis, but I would like some tires that will grip the rocks better.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NickRummy
Member Avatar
NOSTR Photographer & Styrene Pimp
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Losi claws seem to be the best on the rocks but to me mashers are better all around.

mhelli1975
NOSTR Newbie
[ *  * ]
how much are most narrowing the mashers to work well? The losi's are pretty narrow from the factory, right?

Old Busted Hotness
Member Avatar
I <3 moss
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Most of us run 'em standard width. I've got a set of 1.5 wide Mashers that seem to work pretty well, but they still look like tractor tires.
Posted Image

Run what ya brung, unless it's your mouth.

MSD Team Driver

mhelli1975
NOSTR Newbie
[ *  * ]
Picked up some rock claws and a new front axle mount battery pack, and the rig crawls one hundred times better.

NickRummy
Member Avatar
NOSTR Photographer & Styrene Pimp
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sweet! where are the pics?!

gadge
NOSTR Newbie
[ *  * ]
anything soft compound..also depends what u r running on...my test area is mostly slate n everything seems to not work well on that..but grabin an edge with soft tires is difficult..get on something with a decent grit n soft tires just keep goin...till i flip it..ive tried moab,moab m3,masher m3,losi claws,rock lizardR...cant wait till spring to try out moab/badland home mades

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Comp. 2.2's · Next Topic »
Add Reply