Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
The Pride Month Create-a-thon has now begun! Don't forget to check out Featured Fan Runs - this run really shouldn't be Lost in the Stream!
Nuzlocke Comics
Welcome to the Nuzlocke Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit. We're a community based off the popular "Nuzlocke Challenge", a way of playing the PokÚmon video game series on a higher level of difficulty. What is it exactly? Join us and find that out, and more!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[INCOMPLETE]Nature vs. Nurture: A Terrible Nature-Locke; Status Update (12/30)
Topic Started: Mar 4 2017, 06:09 PM (8,766 Views)
Alba Corbina
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Hello, everybody!

Today, I seek to discover if Natures are as important as we all act like they are, at least when it comes to normal gameplay. So, to that end, I have developed the following ruleset, partially drawing from Nyroc's Competitively Played Nuzlocke:

Rules

So, let's see how this goes.

Posted Image
I decided to go with White 2 because I haven't played the Gen V sequels since they came out.

Posted ImagePosted Image
The girl sprite's hair reminds me of Princess Leia, so that is the name I'll use.

Posted Image
I'll just keep him Hugh because I can't be bothered to come up with something more creative.

Posted Image
This opening shot is pretty.

Posted Image
I forgot this game opened with the mom getting a phone call. Because that's what people play Pokemon for; their virtual parent's social lives.

Posted Image
Aha! I can actually move around and stuff.

Posted Image
Yes, Mom, I saw the opening of the game.

Posted Image
No, I answered. And then I went and read a book. Run over.

Kidding, of course.

Posted ImagePosted Image
I said yes, game. I really didn't need you to explain it anyway.

Posted ImagePosted Image
All right! Now I can finally get this run started!

Posted ImagePosted Image
You know, you have a perfectly good Pokemon. You could've easily caught me something with it. Apparently, me not having a Pokemon isn't actually bothering you that much, Hugh.

Posted Image
I know! I haven't even met her yet, and she's already a better friend than you are!

Posted Image
It's funny because I'm intentionally making this harder on myself, and therefore my Pokemon.

Posted Image
Sounds good to me.

Posted Image
Thanks? I think?

So, Serperior has 3 recommended Natures, while Emboar and Samurott have 5. I figure the more different Natures recommended, the easier a chance I'll have of getting a starter I can actually use. However, two of Samurott's recomended Natures are Adamant and Modest, which are the exact opposite of each other. I hadn't really expected something like that when I made my rules, so I picked:
Posted Image

I'm not really sure what I should do if I run into that situation again, so if anyone reading this has any ideas, feel free to chime in.

Posted Image
Named for Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Bold is (+Def, -Atk). One of Emboar's recommended Natures is Adamant (+Atk, -SpA), but Smogon also recomends Impish (+Def, -SpA), which I hadn't realized when I was playing. I'll box him next update.

Posted Image
"I know you've never seen me before in your life, but I'm totally trustworthy, I promise!"

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
You see? Bianca isn't just going to hand out a Pokedex to any random kid off the street, no matter how nicely they ask.

...or she is. GDI, Bianca, those are probably expensive. Does Juniper know you're doing this?

Posted Image
Oh well, battle time.

Posted Image
Hmm...we did about the same, and Dwayne outsped. This shouldn't be too difficult.

Posted Image
The AI tried to be clever with Leer, but it was too slow.

Posted Image
Has anyone ever used these?

Posted Image
Why thank you, Checkpoint Lady!

Posted ImagePosted Image
My Rt. 19 encounter. She's named after the lead singer of the Chipettes.

Posted ImagePosted Image
The one Nature recommended for Watchog is Adamant (+Atk, -SpA) so Brittany gets to stay on the team. Yay?

Posted ImagePosted Image
How'd you get all the way up there?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
You know, that's a nice idea, but I don't think yelling at people from on top of a cliff is the best way of accomplishing it.

Posted Image
Amazed that you didn't shatter your legs jumping down from there.

More battles sounds excellent!

Posted Image
The houses in this town are pretty.

Posted Image
Alder noticed I have two town maps, and won't let me train at his place until I go give one to Hugh.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Brittany isn't having much problem with fighting the trainers on this route. We'll see if that keeps up when we start fighting more impressive Pokemon.

Posted ImagePosted Image
:yay: My Rt 20 encounter. I love the Sewaddle line! She's named after Vera Wang, since the Pokedex says fashion designers like Sewaddles.

Posted Image
That dark patch next to me works just like the mud patches in the swamp back in Gen IV. I wonder what this area looks like when it's not Autumn.

Posted Image
I'm getting close to the image limit, so I'll just grab my catch and end the update there.

Posted ImagePosted Image
It took me 5 freaking Pokeballs to capture this. I called her Ophelia because Azurills always look really upset and they're water-related.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Azumarill's recommended Nature is Adamant, so Ophelia's usable. And she has Thick Fat instead of Huge Power. It's funny; I playtested these rules in Diamond, and didn't manage to get this many viable Pokemon till after the first gym. I dunno if Unova just has better Pokemon for this ruleset or if I'm just luckier, but I was hoping for more of a challenge.

Next time: Floccesy Ranch.
Edited by Alba Corbina, Apr 7 2017, 06:56 AM.
Whitney's Successor: A Normal Monolocke of Heart Gold
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Sandy----------Red Baron----------Simon-----------Bianca------------Athena--------Antauri

On Hiatus

Abandoned Due To Technical Issues
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Posted Image Jimcloud Posted Image
Member Avatar
Popped collars and fingerguns

Pffff. Bianca's probably one of those people who can't stay on the line with telemarketers because she inevitably ends up buying whatever they're offering.

This is definitely... going to be a different run. I hope these natures don't end up biting you in the butt too much, though if they keep going against the recommended reduced stat and not against the recommended increased you probably won't be in too much trouble. One question, though - what is Vera's nature? You didn't list that here, so I was curious.

Good luck!
[4:14 AM] Furfrou: man i wish i didnt use a monkey paw to get u as admin
[4:14 AM] Furfrou: like ur a great admin
[4:14 AM] Furfrou: but i have to deal with these
[4:14 AM] Furfrou: fucking
[4:14 AM] Furfrou: puns
[4:14 AM] Furfrou: all the fucking time
[4:14 AM] Jimcloud: So you'd rather we quit monkeying around.
[4:15 AM] Furfrou: all
[4:15 AM] Furfrou: the
[4:15 AM] Furfrou: fucking
[4:15 AM] Furfrou: time
[1:46 AM] the traveling clock problem: i'm more worried about the fact that it wasn't "unflawed" that was edited
[1:46 AM] Furfrou: unflawed is a word tho
[1:46 AM] the traveling clock problem: it doesn't sound pretty, i guess
[1:47 AM] Jimcloud: so it's not unflawed
[1:47 AM] the traveling clock problem: mag if you ever hire another admin never use a monkey's paw ever again jfc
[1:47 AM] Furfrou: it was necessary

Runs

phantomflame03
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Sounds like an interesting ruleset. I never cared too much for natures myself, so this will be interesting to see, and it looks like you have already found a good range of pokemon types. Good luck ^__^
Princess Camilla a Leaf Green Nuzlocke

For the Princess to return home, she must learn to become a Leader

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Tiana__________Aurora_______Quasimodo_______Naveen________Cinderella_________Belle

Sheepscope
Member Avatar
*imagining something fluffy with a sniper scope*

For trade evolutions, Pokegen works well, either for editing the save file or using codes to change the Pokemon.

I don't think most people use Mail; they were useless even in Gen III. Cute though.

Final Mix: A Black 2 RBO Nuzlocke
There may be death. And insanity. And occasionally eating yogurt.

Part 8, updated 6/15/18

The Team
The Retired

True Gold development thread

Everything in the past leads to the present, and from the present to the future.
I think one's outlook on life depends on whether one spends more time looking out, looking out, or looking out.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Posted ImageGoGoGogoatPosted Image
Member Avatar
If you're scared, I'm on my way
This looks like a fun ruleset! For instances for suggested nature seem to conflict with each other, like Adamant and Modest, I might suggest you not have them cancel each other out, if only because you're likely to lock yourself out of a lot of team members with that ruleset. And especially if you're choosing to play with "nature-challenged" Pokemon (for lack of a better term), you'll need all the help you can get.
Posted Image

Last update - (5/31) Interlude #06: Rust // Q+A open!

Current team (spoilers!)

Posted Image

Not dead, I promise...

Posted Image

Last update - (1/22) | A compendium of my past and present projects. Check it out!

"So long as you always maintain a sense of exploration, you will someday find the way out. This is my hope."

Alba Corbina
Member Avatar
Hello everybody! It's time for part 2! But first, replies!

@phantomflame03: Yeah, my luck has been surprisingly good. Hopefully that continues!

@SheepScope: Thanks for the advice; I'll look into that.

@Jimcloud: Yeah, so far the natures don't seem to be causing too much problem. As for Vera's nature, whoops! I totally thought I posted that. Here you are:

Posted ImagePosted Image
Leavanny's recommended Natures are Jolly (+Spe, -SpA) and Adamant (+Atk, -SpA). Vera's Bold, so she's viable.

@GoGoGogoat: That is a good point. I've come up with a rule that I think balances my desire to make things unnecessarily difficult for myself with a desire to not wipe.

Special Rule 4: If a Pokemon's Nature conflicts with one of the recommended Natures, but compliments a second recommended Nature, I can only use it as long as I don't have 6 other fully viable Pokemon. Ex: if I have a Pokemon with the Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk) and Smogon recommends Adamant (+Atk, -SpA) and Impish (+Def, -SpA)

Posted ImagePosted Image
Now that I've got more Pokemon, I went and got my PC boxes set up. Dwayne's currently in the Unusable box 'cause I hadn't come up with my new rule yet when I played through this part. He'll be rejoining the team in a few updates.

Posted Image
I got everyone up to Lv. 7 in preparation for the Hugh fight. Grinding Ophelia was a pain! Despite having a +SpA Nature, she somehow has the lowest Special Attack in the party. That, combined with the fact that her only attacking move was Bubble, meant that the only thing she could solo was Lv 2 Purrloins.

Posted Image
Oh, he's at Lv 8. Well, that's not too much of a level difference. Brittany's got this.

Posted Image
Brittany has not got this. Abort! Abort!

Posted ImagePosted Image
Thankfully, Vera was able to step in and finish things off, even getting a STAB move out of it!

Posted ImagePosted Image
I'm just a potential sidekick to you, aren't I, Hugh? I know the game opening says we were friends beforehand, but I'm really not feeling it.

Dude, it's just a map. It really isn't that big a deal. Honestly, I'm the one who expended the most effort getting it to you.

Posted Image
Eh, it really wasn't that inconvenient or anything. Still not seeing any proof you see me as anything other than a tool to use in your revenge plans, though.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Only young people can have Pokemon battles? Clearly no-one's told Drayden, or Blaine, or Wattson, or...

Posted Image
Rude.

Posted Image
"Neither of us are important enough to get names though, apparently."

Posted ImagePosted Image
It's a Potion. She also offers free heals. I love NPCs like her.

Posted ImagePosted Image
I assume you're not talking about the one standing directly behind you, right?

Posted ImagePosted Image
Really? This is literally the first time ever? You must have the best behaved dogs in the history of ever.

Dude, don't bite our heads off! Odds are, it just got bored and decided to chase some Azurils or something.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Preaching to the choir, pal.

Posted Image
Why is there a janitor on a ranch?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Trainer battles were mostly fine, although I'm still having to switch-grind Ophelia sometimes. That one with Brittany at 2 HP is because I was playing around with Bide. I have learned my lesson and it won't happen again.

Posted ImagePosted Image
That was thoughtful, but if you didn't feel the need to interrupt me every 5 feet, we might have found the Herdier by now. (I'm not kidding. I didn't bother to screencap most of them to keep from boring you all, but Hugh interrupts you at least 3 times while you're trying to explore the area).

Posted ImagePosted Image
It annoys me that Hugh's right about the Herdier being in trouble. I feel like the writers were trying to go for something where Hugh is the only one clever enough or whatever to realize that Plasma is still a threat and everyone else in the game is just a bunch of complacent Mareeple. Instead, he ends up coming off more like a paranoid conspiracy theorist who happens to be proved right.

Posted Image
This would've been nice to have as my first encounter.

By "check this area" he means he's going to stay in that exact spot and just look in different directions.

Hugh, that was not the sound of a happy animal. Try and sound a bit more concerned, would you?

I don't think a single person from the original games was scared of Team Plasma. Except maybe that girl who had her Pokemon stolen at the Daycare. Congratulations, buddy, you scared a small child. Very impressive.

OW! He just threw that TM at me!

Posted Image
Normally it kind of annoys me when videogame characters just stand there and let the bad guys flee like this, but I'm pretty sure my character is still reeling from getting smacked in the face with a CD case, so I'll allow it.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Aw, it was nothing! I didn't even have to fight that grunt.

Hugh, I get that you have a tragic backstory, but that doesn't give you the right to be an ass to people.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Game, I'm pretty sure even the ten-year-olds playing this could figure that out.

Well, I'm going to end it here. Next time, finishing up that side-stuff with Alder and the Gym.
Edited by Alba Corbina, Apr 7 2017, 07:20 AM.
Sandy----------Red Baron----------Simon-----------Bianca------------Athena--------Antauri

On Hiatus

CaesarI
Member Avatar
Defeat the Defeat before the Defeat defeats you.
The anti nature nuzlocke. How poetic. But you were lucky enough to get a good initial line-up, so cheers. Leavanny is one of my favourite gym sweepers, so I hope the sewaddle will go far :) . Good luck

Skarmizard
Member Avatar
Severely Introverted Dragon

I really like this idea, especially since I never really worry about natures in my runs (and I usually don't have very good luck with them).
So far, so good! Hopefully it won't lock you out of using too many PokÚmon :ohdear:
Hoenn's Chaos: An Emerald Randomlocke
(Updated 4/18)

Team

Undocumented current runs:
Moon (Vast Poni Canyon (before Hapu), 3 deaths)
Completed Runs

I'm a...

Alba Corbina
Member Avatar
Hi everyone! I meant to have this up yesterday, but my computer was being uncooperative.

@Caesarl: Leavanny fans unite!

@Skarmizard: Glad you're liking this so far.

Only gone a moment? What are you talking about? I fought Hugh and had to go search every inch of a ranch looking for a lost Pokemon.

Posted ImagePosted Image
As long as it involves fighting things, I'm OK with this.

Posted Image
Huh, Alder's house has the official logo on it. Does that mean he was running the Pokemon school before it moved to its new fancy building back in the starting town?

Posted ImagePosted Image
That's very nice of you, but flattery isn't going to stop me from curb-stomping you two.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Way to have confidence in your students, dude.

Posted Image
But isn't this a school? I mean, enjoying yourself is important, but I would've thought actual learning would take precedence at least somewhat.

Posted ImagePosted Image
The fights were easy, so I guess Alder wasn't wrong in assuming they'd lose to me.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Yes, I'm sure that Pansage really enjoyed being chewed on by Vera.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Important enough information to impart to newcomers, I guess, but this is a sequel. There shouldn't be a whole lot of people who picked this as their first ever Pokemon game.

...should I be concerned?

Posted ImagePosted Image
Game, if you're going to force me to sit through the explanation regardless, DON'T GIVE ME THE ILLUSION OF CHOICE.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
The results of grinding. I took everyone to 13 because Cheren scares me. The first time I played this game he wiped out all of my team except the event Genesect I'd gotten. I don't actually have a rule about not going over the Gym Leader's ace, but the idea of grinding past Lv. 13 made me want to pull my hair out.

Posted Image
Alder ambushed me on the way out of Floccessy.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Ooh, these could be very helpful. Thanks!

Posted Image
That's right, you did. So if I end up losing a Pokemon, I'm coming after you.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Thank you, that's very reassuring. /sarcasm

Posted Image
The rest of his speech is just your typical "Trust your Pokemon, know your strengths, believe in the Heart of the Cards" type thing, so I'm skipping to the gym fight.

Posted Image
Wow, really? Lucky me!

Posted Image
I'll do my best.

Posted Image
My plan is to use Brittany to get rid of the Patrat. She might have slightly more Attack than Vera, but Vera's a lot bulkier. If something goes wrong with that Lillipup, Vera's more likely to survive.

Posted Image
Easy. I didn't have to heal her or use that Oran berry.

Posted Image
I'm starting out with Ophelia because she has Charm. I've heard that the AI will stop using Work Up after six times, regardless of what you do to the Atk stat, because its SpA stat will hit +6. Let's see if that's true.

Repeat ad naseum.

Posted ImagePosted Image
I tried a Bubblebeam at one point because the idea of soloing Cheren's ace with an Azuril amused me. It didn't do much, though.

Posted Image
I finally got its Atk low enough to swich Vera in. Look how little its Tackle did!

This is why I didn't just start with Vera. I was afraid she'd end up making Cheren heal, and then I'd have a +4 or +5 Lillipup to deal with that was at full health.

Posted Image
Of course, Cheren only has the one Potion, so the Lillipup fainted without too much more effort.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Glad to help? I'm not sure what makes me so special.

All right! One down, seven to go!

Next time: Exposition
Edited by Alba Corbina, Apr 7 2017, 07:42 AM.

On Hiatus

Skarmizard
Member Avatar

Woo, first badge!
I swear Sewaddle is one of the best things you can get besides Riolu for that fight-the good defenses really help.
(Updated 4/18)

Team

Completed Runs

I'm a...

RedYam
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
I always feel like with Cheren and Roark, there are so few powerful Pokemon with type advantages it's basically just a game of "whose Pokemon were grinded most"
Posted Image

The team you chose for me

Bookwormgal
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Eterna Gym
This is pretty interesting so far. You're really going with the idea that any PokÚmon can be awesome, even with a rather useless nature. I wish you luck with this run.
Check out my comic: Leaf's Nuzlocke Challenge

creug
Member Avatar
IDC
ABORT! ABORT!
In low levels, it's like children's fight. Fourth grader bully beats the third grader weakling. In older ages, 1-2 level age doesn't mean anything much.

Did that "dog" just say

Posted Image

Congrats for the Super Nerd Cheren badge! :yay:

Edited by creug, Mar 22 2017, 10:52 AM.
Current Run
Others

Posted ImageGoGoGogoatPosted Image
Member Avatar
If you're scared, I'm on my way
awwww i was rooting for the azurill sweep XD

well done anyway though~
Posted Image

Last update - (5/31) Interlude #06: Rust // Q+A open!

Current team (spoilers!)

Posted Image

Not dead, I promise...

Posted Image

Last update - (1/22) | A compendium of my past and present projects. Check it out!

"So long as you always maintain a sense of exploration, you will someday find the way out. This is my hope."

Alba Corbina
Member Avatar
Hello everybody! Time for part 4!

Replies

Posted Image
Wow, right out of the gate, and I'm already being dragged into a cut-scene.

Posted ImagePosted Image
It was pretty easy, actually. I might actually start using stat-affecting moves more.

You know, Bianca, you've only just met me. You seem awfully excited about me beating your best friend.

Posted Image
Awesome! Brittany and Ophelia are going to love this!

Posted ImagePosted Image
Speak of the devil...I wonder what she had been about to say?

Wait, they haven't seen or talked to each other in two years? What happened after BW? They seemed just fine with each other at the end of it!

Posted ImagePosted Image
Well, at least they're reconnecting now. That's kind of sweet.

Posted Image
...or he's giving me his number... Hmm...They haven't talked in two years, Bianca seemed positively ecstatic at the thought of Cheren losing, and the first thing he does when he sees her again is give some other girl his phone number. Yeah, these two obviously had a bitter break-up at some point.

Posted Image
Not to be outdone, Bianca also gives me her number.

Posted Image
Oh, and now Juniper's calling me. Boy, I'm popular today!

Yes, I'm sure the handful of pokemon I catch on this trip will be super informative.

Posted Image
Ooh, bad screenshot timing on my part. Bianca looks high as a kite.

Posted Image
Yeah, how did all these non-Unovan pokemon get here?

Posted ImagePosted Image
Um, do I still need to be part of this call? Cause it sounds like you're just catching up with old friends right now, and I have places to be.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh, hey, you remembered I exist! That sounds great; I will definitely do that. Can I go now?

Ok, so that second option actually sounds pretty useful.

A portable Friendship checker is always nice, 'cause now I don't have to remember what city she's in.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Also useful advice. Thanks, guys! I hope you both realize that these are the only reasons I'm going to call you, though.

Posted Image
And now that Hugh has distracted them, I'm going to sneak away before they can trap me in another cut-scene.

Posted Image
As per the new rule I added a few updates ago, Dwayne is back on the team. I'm going to be giving him and any other semi-viable Pokemon I get this star mark to differentiate them. Dwayne probably won't stay long; there are 4 new capture areas in Castelia and another four around Nimbasa.

Posted Image
A little bit of training on wilds and Dwayne finally got a STAB move.

Posted Image
Now what??

Posted Image
Well, at least you're apologizing for interrupting me. That's more than I can say for anyone else in this game so far.

Basically, it's a prototype of the DexNav from ORAS. If I was actually trying to complete the Pokedex, this would be very useful.

Oh, you think you're a big threat? Let's see if you back that up!

Posted Image
Yeah, that's what I thought.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Ah yes, look how rough and dangerous the world beyond you is, Hiker Man. Truly, only the bravest of souls would dare venture here.

Posted Image
Seriously, game?? You're stopping me again??

Posted ImagePosted Image
Yes, game. You know where else I've seen dark grass like that? In the first game. I really don't need you to explain it to me again. Anyone who decides to play an obvious sequel without playing the first game deserves some confusion.

Posted Image
Ok, I actually do appreciate these. Thank you, Cheren.

Posted Image
Aren't you already? You did beat Cheren's gym, didn't you?

Posted Image
Careful how you finish that sentence, buddy, 'cause if you tell me to get stronger when I have a badge and you apparently don't, we're going to have a problem.

Posted Image
Uh, no. I'm clearly stronger than you. Also I have no idea what happened to the top of that screenshot.

Posted Image
Gosh, Bianca sure blinks a lot. It makes getting good screenshots of her during Xtranciever calls hard. Oh well, at least Ophelia seems to like me. Hopefully she'll evolve soon.

The other trainers on the route weren't much of a challenge.

Posted Image
:yay:

Posted Image
Completely pointless call from Mom that only serves to pad the run-time of this game.

Yeah, good luck with that, dude. I'm pretty sure both those jobs are full-time commitments.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Yeah, what she said.

Posted ImagePosted Image
That's totally different. Her gym is also her music venue and practice space, so she can immediately switch gears to being a gym leader if she needs to.

Posted Image
Awesome alliteration!

And here is where I would go make my capture for Virbank Complex, but all of that talking means I'm at the screenshot limit, so that'll have to be next time.
Edited by Alba Corbina, Apr 7 2017, 08:11 AM.

On Hiatus

Bookwormgal
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Eterna Gym
Well, I certainly find your theory about Bianca and Cheren interesting. Maybe you can help them and play matchmaker sometime. Or not. You'll be busy collecting gym badges and stopping criminals. The love lives of those two is pretty low on the priorities list. Anyway, good luck.
Check out my comic: Leaf's Nuzlocke Challenge

Squiggy Azalea
Member Avatar
HIS KOKONUT GUN CAN FIRE IN SPURTS

oh snap this looks like a fun ruleset to watch
yes, i meant watch because god damn it can be a pain if you're not lucky enough with your catches, and since this is bw2, where you don't get a lot of earlygame catches... yyyyyeah.

at least you did get lucky and obtain a bunch of good pokemon, including ophelia and vera, so that's good

inb4 you never get a bad natured mon from now on and dwayne gets to stay on the team until the hall of fame
Posted Image
Jackinev this banner is the embodiement of sex

check out this epic run

The other OA I'm doing
Completed runs

RedYam
Member Avatar
Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
I just remembered the worst thing about black 2, the half an hour long mandatory trip through the movie studio, that's still a gym away though
Have Fun!
Posted Image

The team you chose for me

Skarmizard
Member Avatar

I like your headcanon about Bianca and Cheren being exes, it makes a lot of sense.
And yay, Dwayne gets to come back (for now)!
Hopefully you get something good in Virbank.
(Updated 4/18)

Team

Completed Runs

I'm a...

Alba Corbina
Member Avatar
Hello, everybody! Time for Part 5!

Replies

Posted Image
Virbank Complex kind of has two areas, but the the encounters aren't different enough for me to feel justified in making it two separate areas. Therefore, I'm making my catch from the interior, since it has more variety. A Magnemite or a Koffing would be excellent, since they'd stop Roxie's poison shenanigans.

Posted Image
Dupes.

Posted ImagePosted Image
All right! Named it after the droid in Rogue One.

Posted ImagePosted Image
K-2S0's Nature: Lax (+Def, -SpD)

Magnezone's recommended Natures:

• Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
  • Timid (+Spe, -Atk)

So, since neither of K-2S0's affected stats have anything to do with the recommended natures, it becomes our first completely non-viable Pokemon of the run, which means I now have to worry about Poison shenanigans.

Posted Image
Ooh, Net Balls are available. I can't afford very many at the moment, though.

Posted Image
Don't mind me, I'm just sneaking into your house and stealing your stuff. Nothing to see here.

Posted Image
Ah, well, I already did, but I'm not allowed to use it...

Posted Image
I like that the neon sign actually flickers. It's a nice touch.

Posted Image
I'm not sure how trustworthy an Antidote found in a garbage can in a refinery really is.

Posted ImagePosted Image
That's so nice of you! Thanks! I'll have to remember to come back here once I've completely passed the point of regular Pokeballs being viable.

Posted Image
Oh, Brittany is going to love this!

Sure, why not?

Posted Image
Dwayne has been getting burns with Ember pretty consistently, which is always nice.

Huh, interesting.

Posted Image
Is that a bad thing? ...and instead of answering he just walks off. Weird.

Posted Image
Found a thing.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Eh, I prefer nature landscapes to urban ones, but I can kind of see the appeal.

Posted ImagePosted Image
So does that mean they're going to have to shut down the part of the refinery that burned the "waste" gasses?

Posted Image
I wasn't eavesdropping! You addressed me directly just now! And then he wanders off again.

Posted Image
You see that wiggly grass I circled? Yeah, it took me a good five minutes to get over there because I kept failing at balancing on the pipes.

Posted Image
Glad to save you from being bored at work.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Yeah, I suppose that's true.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Aw that's sweet. Also, Grass STAB.

Posted Image
I don't really have anyone that would benefit from this right now.

Posted ImagePosted Image
So apparently it took me until just now to teach my Normal types Return. Good job, me.

Posted Image
This game really wants you to have Great Balls, doesn't it?

Posted Image
I guess?

Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh, right. These things could explode at any minute. I'm glad I don't work here; I don't think my nerves could take it.

Posted Image
Yeah, they could paint them to look like Koffing! No, wait, that'd be tempting fate. Jigglypuffs! They should make them look like Jigglypuffs!

Posted Image
Still don't see why you think that's a bad thing. You obviously know a lot and seem to like sharing that info, otherwise you wouldn't be constantly lecturing yourself about the complex.

Posted ImagePosted Image
I made a friend!

Posted ImagePosted Image
And so begins my stockpile of Ethers and Elixirs that I tell myself I'm saving for when I really need them that I never end up using.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Neat! And now that I've taken care of everything in complex I can start grinding for Roxie. Yay. I'm going to take everyone up to LV 18 to match her ace.

Posted Image
2 whole EXP away from leveling up.

Posted Image
Excellent!

Posted Image
So apparently it can rain in Virbank. Makes training Dwayne kind of annoying. Amusingly, it was pouring rain when I initially played through this update and it's currently doing the same as I write this.

Posted Image
So, I decided to do a few laps between Aspertia and Virbank to try and boost Ophelia's happiness a bit more and discovered that Hugh is apparently still looking for a good catch. Maybe he's looking for a Shiny.

Posted Image
I also found this area behind Alder's house. If I remember correctly it was for a Keldeo event. It looks very pretty in Autumn.

Posted Image
Heck yes!

Posted Image
Nah.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Yay! I was starting to worry Ophelia would hit Level 18 before she even evolved into Maril.

Posted Image
Her attacking stats still aren't that great, though. At least Bubblebeam counts as STAB now.

Dwayne also evolves and gets a new STAB move.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Everyone makes it to LV 18, which means Brittany picks up a great new move and Ophelia...

Posted ImagePosted Image
Is now fully evolved, and she actually has usable attack stats. I'll end things here.

Next time: Vs. Roxie!
Edited by Alba Corbina, Apr 7 2017, 08:55 AM.

On Hiatus

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Incomplete Screenshot and Written Log Runs · Next Topic »
Add Reply